r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

My money is certainly on HP/FB. An "old theme" that is also part of Dimensions? Notice how it says "theme", instead of "property". When it comes to themes, it doesn't get much older than HP (apart from Star Wars, obviously). I'd be very pleased with that, especially if this series manages to close some gaps in the HP collection (e.g. Slughorn, Kingsley or Tonks) :sweet::thumbup:

@Amazing Bricks: curious pictures, where are these from? I thought S18 was costume based and it can't be the one we're speculating on here given it's licensed and thus shouldn't feature yellow minifigs :wink:

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Don't mean to go too off topic, but for starters, we never got the 2015 and 1885 variants of Marty and Doc. I'll have to look for some good customs some day. :cry_sad: I'll admit that I am not sure that one could make a whole series of 16 characters from BTTF, though, which is why I wished we got more sets. But I digress. Honestly, I'd still be happy with a HP universe series. Who knows? Maybe they would revisit some of those minifigs that are now super expensive to get on the secondary market.

A Harry Potter CMF series makes more sense as there's many more iconic Harry Potter characters in comparison to Back To The Future, especially if you add in Fantastic Beasts. A Series 1 could have:

1. Harry Potter

2. Ron Weasley

3. Hermione Granger

4. Newt Scamander

5. Tina Goldstein

6. Jacob Kowalski

7. Rubeus Hagrid

8. Dumbledore

9. Severus Snape

10. Queenie

11. Griphook

12. Dobby

13. Lord Voldemort

14. Neville Longbottom

15. Grindelwald 

16. Credence

That would still leave room for a Series 2, with plenty of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters left out.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

My money is certainly on HP/FB. An "old theme" that is also part of Dimensions? Notice how it says "theme", instead of "property". When it comes to themes, it doesn't get much older than HP (apart from Star Wars, obviously). I'd be very pleased with that, especially if this series manages to close some gaps in the HP collection (e.g. Slughorn, Kingsley or Tonks) :sweet::thumbup:

@Amazing Bricks: curious pictures, where are these from? I thought S18 was costume based and it can't be the one we're speculating on here given it's licensed and thus shouldn't feature yellow minifigs :wink:

I dunno :classic::wink:

I just now realize what's going on, there are hints about an upcoming licensed CMF series. There's a lot of pages to read and I've gone through most of them. Isn't a Lego Batman movie series 2 coming? Doesn't that have to do with dimensions too? I guess I'm kind of late to the party, someone want to fill me in of what's going on? I forgot this page existed.

The pictures that I have here are hints, yeah we'll call them hints, for future normal minifigure series.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Yellow skin!?!

That's what I though when I read old theme & HP, yellow skin with new faces, hair, clothes etc

5 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I dunno :classic::wink:

2 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

The pictures that I have here are hints, yeah we'll call them hints, for future normal minifigure series.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I'm not convinced... What ever the Minifigure on the left, I'll buy it, awesome torso and leg pieces. @rob-ot5000 @Itaria No Shintaku Can you please elaborate?

I dunno. As always, whenever you hear new stuff, consider the source and believe what you will. That's all the elaboration I've got.

Unrelated, somebody here made a list for a Hanna-Barbera CMF series. I don't remember who, and I'm not gonna search for it, but maaaaan, I would buy the hell out of that. Make it happen, LEGO!

Why is the hair on the female figure backwards?

21 minutes ago, MAB said:

Looks like a ponytail pulled to the front... which would be an amazing piece if you ask me!!

Those don't look like costumes, so they can't be for S18

Are you saying those are for CMF Series19?

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I can't make any sense of those images.  It'd be really nice to see more...

1 hour ago, MAB said:

46 minutes ago, JGuy said:

Looks like a ponytail pulled to the front... which would be an amazing piece if you ask me!!

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Those doesn't look like costumes, so they can't be for S18

Are you saying those are for CMF Series19?

I'll put pictures every now and then to complete this.

A HP/FB D2C set in the same size as the Disney castle would be great!! Most likely a Hogwarts castle, from all we know Hogwarts may be in the next FB movie, so which figs (and the age) they include in the set could be something like in the millennium falcon sets. Hopefully not to many of the same characters in the D2C and the CMF.

I am hoping for and expecting a lot of animal moulds in a HP/FB series; owls, frog, rat, cat, snake etc and maybe goat, badger, eagle (lion and stag are  probably to big) etc, happy days :grin:

I am surprised.
I am quite certain of my sources for the next three upcoming series, and those pictures do not fit any of my insights.
And I'm quite delighted, they seem pretty nice.

8 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

...The pictures that I have here are hints, yeah we'll call them hints, for future normal minifigure series.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

@Amazing Bricks just let me get this straight: those are regular CMFs?

If I read that correctly, I think it's for regular (normal) CMF.... Let's wait for @Amazing Bricks to confirm.

3 hours ago, JGuy said:

Or just a female dwarf!

8 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I just now realize what's going on, there are hints about an upcoming licensed CMF series. There's a lot of pages to read and I've gone through most of them. Isn't a Lego Batman movie series 2 coming? Doesn't that have to do with dimensions too? I guess I'm kind of late to the party, someone want to fill me in of what's going on? I forgot this page existed.

Pages of a website? Can you post a link please?

24 minutes ago, makoy said:

If I read that correctly, I think it's for regular (normal) CMF.... Let's wait for @Amazing Bricks to confirm.

Possibly for Series 19? As far as we know that's Sept 2019 :laugh: surly we shouldn't be getting images yet, let's wait and see what he says...

13 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

*insert picture here*  *insert picture here*

If you post the Minifigure picture in sections, it'll be fun to stitch the images together like with the mountain cave :tongue:

Edited by J4ck

They seem historical or something like that. I checked my DB and these are NOT from minifigures that are in production.
Due to the lights it is surely a render. Rarely I have seen minifigures renders in which the torso is rotated this way.

I am really curious.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

They seem historical or something like that. I checked my DB and these are NOT from minifigures that are in production.
Due to the lights it is surely a render. Rarely I have seen minifigures renders in which the torso is rotated this way.

I am really curious.

What is a "DB" by the way?

This doesn't make sense for me

There are only a few ways how this can work with what we know so far

1. Batman Movie S2 was cancelled and replaced with a regular series

2. They changed their minds and Series 18 wont be costume themed

3. The mysterious licensed series rumor was fake and Series 19 will be released instead

3. There will 4 series next year: Batman, S18, S19 and the licensed series

4. Batman Movie S2 will be released on december this year (therefore having 4 series on 2017) and 3 series next year: S18, S19 and the licensed series

In times like this I miss CM4Sci more than ever. He would drop a hint. :cry_sad: