r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

7 hours ago, williejm said:

I've been thinking about this as a possibility recently, mostly on the back of some new moulds that have appeared in CMF figures. As we know, they often introduce moulds there that then are used in licensed series, so I was thinking about the new vet and fitness instructor hairpieces... In blonde and black respectively they'd be good matches for Rose Tyler and new companion Bill. Then we see a new scarf mould in the Ninjago CMF series. That's perfect for a Tom Baker doctor.  And then the umbrella introduced with the Lego Batman movie might be ideal for a Sylvester McCoy doctor ...

3 hours ago, JGuy said:

This actually really makes sense....  they've made 2 doctors already, so maybe they'd do the other 10 (they have designs from dimensions), and then maybe some of the most memorable/recent companions and/or other characters (don't watch dr who myself so can't tell you what they'd be!)

What if the series was 20 minifigures big? That way they can do all the doctors with some memorable coma onions and a couple of villains?

6 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No Dr WHo

Is the next series British or American? :wink:

I mean whatever is that series going to be on Sep 2018.

Edited by makoy

Just now, makoy said:

Is the next series British or American? :wink:

Not italian, alas.
I think it's Danish, as Danish people usually work in LEGO :D :D :D

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Not italian, alas.

Hans Christian Andersen? :oh:

20 hours ago, J4ck said:

whole doctor who series? Interesting. You're not @LEGODalekbuster523'S other account are you?

No, I'm not. If I was, http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/145347-legodalekbuster523/ would always write about Disney CMF 2 as me. :wink:

I think it will be some theme that LEGO created because it will be an old theme. But it will be also licensed, so it can be some LEGO TV shows like Ninjago, Chima or Nexo Knights. Maybe The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series 2?

Edited by Pop Star c o

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No Dr WHo

DANGIT I thought we were on to something

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Not italian, alas.

This is such a tease :laugh:

Back to the drawing board... 

1 hour ago, JGuy said:

DANGIT I thought we were on to something

Same XD

Maybe it's celebrating designers? It is the anniversary milestone of the Minifigure

Although if it's Danish then it could be any of Lego's own brand themes and an old one.

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Same XD

Maybe it's celebrating designers? It is the anniversary milestone of the Minifigure

Although if it's Danish then it could be any of Lego's own brand themes and an old one.

Uh, a CMS made up of minifigure representations of famous Lego designers would be Awesome!

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Same XD

Isn't it licensed..?

I've thought it's the Wizard of Oz and I'm sticking to that.  Licensed.  Old (1939).  And let's face it, why would they make flying monkey molds for a Batman set alone? There's no way.  We definitely have something Wizard of Oz coming.  And before anyone says there aren't enough characters:

1. Dorothy (with Toto)
2. Scarecrow
3. Tin Man
4. Cowardly Lion
5. Wicked Witch of the West
6. Glinda the Good Witch
7. OZ (the man behind the curtain)
8. Auntie Em
9. Uncle Henry
10. Munchkin Boy
11. Munchkin Girl
12. Flying Monkey (there are actually two different prints in the Batman set)
13. Palace Guard
14. Emerald City Man
15. Emerald City Woman
16. OZ the great and Powerful (Although I assume this would be done in a D2C set that comes around the same time like the Simpsons House with the Simpsons Series 1)
17. Wicked Witch of the East (House costume with striped legs lol)
18. Other Flying Monkey Print
19. The guy who answers the door at the Emerald City.

We only need 16 but added a few extras.

Also, before anyone says that people like Auntie Em, or Uncle Henry are boring, it just means they don't need new molds.  They could even make them all in black, white and grey pieces which would be cool.  And maybe the munchkins and emerald city people can be regular molds with colourful printing as well.  They've already got Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys, and then they have designs for a bunch of other ones from Lego Dimensions.

Anyway, that's why I'm sticking with this.

I would love to see a Dorothy figure as well as a tin man!  Those would both be really interesting!

4 hours ago, ndawgg said:

Old (1939).

Which makes next year its 79th anniversary. Is that a major milestone a lot of people celebrate? I feel like it's not, but you seem very certain about this so you clearly know something I don't.

Oh no I honestly don't have any insider info.  I just think it seems likely based on the limited info we've got.  Plus isn't this Sept 2018, which means it will be out just in time for the year of its 80th anniversary.  Or not!  It just seems to make sense to me.  

56 minutes ago, ndawgg said:

Oh no I honestly don't have any insider info.  I just think it seems likely based on the limited info we've got.  Plus isn't this Sept 2018, which means it will be out just in time for the year of its 80th anniversary.  Or not!  It just seems to make sense to me.  

I knew I had good arguments, I'm glad to see people thinking the same. I keep this idea and from what I read, Dimensions and Castle are also good ideas.

Edited by notpennysboat

40 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Which makes next year its 79th anniversary. Is that a major milestone a lot of people celebrate? I feel like it's not, but you seem very certain about this so you clearly know something I don't.

It seems you know something. Anything to share? :wink:

5 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Not really, good point.

5 hours ago, ndawgg said:

Sept 2018 would be the 79th anniversary.  If anniversaries are important, I'm guessing something a little closer to 20 or 30 years.

28 minutes ago, Borex said:

I thought that the stories about Oz were much older? About 1900ish?

The stories probably are but the 79th anniversary of the film is next year.

I am not convinced about an Oz theme. CMFs need to appeal to kids not just nostalgic AFOLs. Sales are driven by impulse buys in toy stores. The Wizard of Oz just doesn't seem to be that exciting for kids these days ( a father's observation). Unless there is a tie-in movie/event that is fuelling their interest at the time of release then I just don't see it.

On the other hand, recent reports on the Avengers:Infinity War suggest up to 60 Marvel characters will appear in a scene (too many for Lego sets) and the Marvel Superheroes game will also feature lots of characters that will not be making it to regular toy sets. With Marvel there is worldwide appeal and CMFs would be sought by kids and adults.

Finally there is an ongoing reference to an "old" theme. Do we know of this means existing current theme or actually a theme that is being resurrected from a long period of non-production or is it just a property that is historically old? Any evidence to support any of these 3 possibilities?

12 hours ago, ndawgg said:

And let's face it, why would they make flying monkey molds for a Batman set alone? There's no way. 

Why not? There are plenty of minifigure parts / accessories (especially licensed parts) that are used only once.

11 minutes ago, AntiKragle said:

I am not convinced about an Oz theme. CMFs need to appeal to kids not just nostalgic AFOLs. Sales are driven by impulse buys in toy stores. The Wizard of Oz just doesn't seem to be that exciting for kids these days ( a father's observation).

Same here. The Wizard of Oz isn't big with kids here (UK). Maybe it is with pensioners.

Edited by MAB

2 hours ago, AntiKragle said:

Finally there is an ongoing reference to an "old" theme. Do we know of this means existing current theme or actually a theme that is being resurrected from a long period of non-production or is it just a property that is historically old? Any evidence to support any of these 3 possibilities?

This series slotted for September 2018 is also a licensed series isn't it? I hope that helps.

Could the "Yellow Brick Road" mention in the London Bus set be a hint towards a Wizard of Oz series (or future set/theme/whatever)? Granted, its a year off, but is that unprecedented? (Factoring in with how long it takes to develop a CMF series)