r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Fantastic Beasts, but yeah.

That would at least be a licensed series I would buy for once :tongue:

I don't really think Fantastic Beasts is popular enough to have its own series

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if this "licensed series" turns out to beĀ Batman Movie Series 3 or something related to the superheroes themeĀ :sick:

Edited by Robert8

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't really think Fantastic Beasts is popular enough to have its own series

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if this "licensed series" turns out to beĀ Batman Movie Series 3 or something related to the superheroes themeĀ :sick:

SIGN ME UP!

A Marvel series won't happen for the same reason a Star Wars series won't happen: Hasbro. I may have actually seen Marvel blind bags being sold, but I would have to check again to be sure. K'Nex has done Mario Kart, and Kre-O (Hasbro) has done Transformers. I have evenĀ seen a Doc McStuffins(sp?) blind bags. It saddens me that the Walmart stores in my area refuse to stock Lego Minifigures blind bags, but gladly stock nearly all the competitors' knock-offs.

<rant over>

Anything related to Fantastic Beasts seems like it will be limited to Lego Dimensions. There may be certain licensing limitations that we have not been made aware of.

Ā 

Current Line-Up:

January 2018 - Batman Movie Series 2

May 2018 - Series 18 (Costume Party Theme)

September 2018 - Nothing Confirmed (Ninjago Movie Series 2 / UnnamedĀ Licensed Series / Wizard Of Oz)

January 2019 - Nothing Confirmed (Lego Movie 2 Series 1)

May 2019 - Nothing Confirmed (Series 19)

Ā 

Did I miss anything? Also ignore the "quote" at the top, this is my post not whoever is quoted at the top for some reason.

Edited by J4ck

On 5/17/2017 at 0:28 PM, J4ck said:

Ā 

Current Line-Up:

January 2018 - Batman Movie Series 2

May 2018 - Series 18 (Costume Party Theme)

September 2018 - Nothing Confirmed (Ninjago Movie Series 2 / UnnamedĀ Licensed Series / Wizard Of Oz)

January 2019 - Nothing Confirmed (Lego Movie 2 Series 1)

May 2019 - Nothing Confirmed (Series 19)

Ā 

Did I miss anything? Also ignore the "quote" at the top, this is my post not whoever is quoted at the top for some reason.

The May 2019 series may be a CMS for the 5/24/2019 slated The Billion Brick Race movie.

I doubt Lego won't do a CMS for the film, meaning S19 may come in September 2019 at earliest, unless WB delays the film.Ā :def_shrug:

On 14/05/2017 at 5:36 PM, notpennysboat said:

Is that possible that this licensed series in sept 2018 could be a Wizard of Oz series ? (the film will be aged of 80 years old in 2019)Ā 

I doubt kids care enough about it to make them money. And if adults did, then they'd probably be better off doing a one-off minifigure heavy set rather than a CMF series. I cannot think how I'd fill up a series of 16 with characters from Wizard of Oz. And I doubt people would want multiples of the main characters.

I think they should mix up the Batman CMF line and include minifigs from all eras of Batman. I'm talking 1960s all the way Christopher Nolan's stuff.Ā 

15 hours ago, lowbike1 said:

is a second batman movie series confirmed?Ā 

I think so for January 2018

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The May 2019 series may be a CMS for the 5/24/2019 slated The Billion Brick Race movie.

I doubt Lego won't do a CMS for the film, meaning S19 may come in September 2019 at earliest, unless WB delays the film.Ā :def_shrug:

How many times has that film been delayed? What is it all about? Wasn't it supposed to come out a couple of years ago?

Ā 

What if Lego made a CMF series around speed champions and all the minifigures are famous drivers?

Edited by J4ck

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think so for January 2018

How many times has that film been delayed? What is it all about? Wasn't it supposed to come out a couple of years ago?

Ā 

I don't think it has ever been delayed. Scriptwriters for the film were announced by WB back in March 2015, but we haven't really heard anything about it since then.

Ā 

On 5/17/2017 at 11:13 PM, gedren_y said:

A Marvel series won't happen for the same reason a Star Wars series won't happen: Hasbro. I may have actually seen Marvel blind bags being sold, but I would have to check again to be sure. K'Nex has done Mario Kart, and Kre-O (Hasbro) has done Transformers. I have evenĀ seen a Doc McStuffins(sp?) blind bags. It saddens me that the Walmart stores in my area refuse to stock Lego Minifigures blind bags, but gladly stock nearly all the competitors' knock-offs.

<rant over>

Anything related to Fantastic Beasts seems like it will be limited to Lego Dimensions. There may be certain licensing limitations that we have not been made aware of.

Sad but true, this could be the way for them to release such an old comic book characters or some variants for existing character.

BTW, guys just wanna know who says there will be a TLBM S2 in January 2018?

On ā€Ž22ā€Ž/ā€Ž05ā€Ž/ā€Ž2017 at 4:22 PM, MAB said:

I doubt kids care enough about it to make them money. And if adults did, then they'd probably be better off doing a one-off minifigure heavy set rather than a CMF series. I cannot think how I'd fill up a series of 16 with characters from Wizard of Oz. And I doubt people would want multiples of the main characters.

With the cast of the movie on Wikipedia, it is possible to have a 16 minifigures series, even a 20 minifigures series, including 2 flying monkeys and 3 munchkins.Ā 

Maybe a CMF series or a 5 sets theme like they did with Scooby Doo. We have some clues this could happen : 80 years of the movie in 2019, TLG has the license to do it, we already have a version of the wicked witch of the West, and the molds for the flying monkeys and Toto. All this makes me hope a good surprise from TLG.

8 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

80 years of the movie in 2019, TLG has the license to do it, we already have a version of the wicked witch of the West, and the molds for the flying monkeys and Toto. All this makes me hope a good surprise from TLG.

I knew they made that Dog Show Winner for a reason. A release with a few sets is more realistic than a Minifigure Series, if you ask me.

Wait... Why would there be a Wizard of Oz series. I don't think I can come up with 16 characters....

1 Dorathy w/ Toto

2 Lion

3 Tin Man

4 Scarecrow

5 Munchkin

6 Wizard of Oz

7 Glinda

8 Wicked Witch variant?

9 Flying Monkey variant(s)?Ā Ā 

10 Munchkin Mayor?Ā 

Anywayssss where is this rumour fromĀ :grin:

It's not a rumor, but a wish

Anyway, we know for a fact that the upcoming series are

Ninjago Movie

Batman Movie 2

Series 18

I haven't seen anything other than rumors about Batman Series 2 unless LEGO or Warner have said something somewhere and I missed it.

I seriously doubt LEGO would be giving their competitors a heads up on whats comming so early in the piece by announcing Batman Series 2 so far in advance.

Ā 

14 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

With the cast of the movie on Wikipedia, it is possible to have a 16 minifigures series, even a 20 minifigures series, including 2 flying monkeys and 3 munchkins.Ā 

Maybe a CMF series or a 5 sets theme like they did with Scooby Doo. We have some clues this could happen : 80 years of the movie in 2019, TLG has the license to do it, we already have a version of the wicked witch of the West, and the molds for the flying monkeys and Toto. All this makes me hope a good surprise from TLG.

Ā 

Ā 

And by the same reasoning, how many figures should we get in the SW universe, or POTC, or LOTR.

If they did it, I would expect most people would want the key characters, and not to have to buy loads of CMF to get the key characters. That is why it would be better served as a one-off small set than a CMF series. Although personally, I doubt there is much interest from kids for that to happen as a widespread release. A smaller release for selling to nostalgic adults is more likely.

13 hours ago, jonwil said:

I haven't seen anything other than rumors about Batman Series 2 unless LEGO or Warner have said something somewhere and I missed it.

I seriously doubt LEGO would be giving their competitors a heads up on whats comming so early in the piece by announcing Batman Series 2 so far in advance.

It's not rare for us to hear about licensed series way in advance. I think something like that happened with Disney. After all, they finalize the series 1 year in advance. It's not them announcing it, it's just that we get leaks from reliable sources.

The future with CMF is bleak :cry_sad: Licensed seems to be the new "normal" series. Batman 2?! Come on, the only useful part to me from series 1 was the lobster :hmpf_bad: Series 2 are going to be so shitty, that I already can smell it :sick:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The future with CMF is bleak :cry_sad: Licensed seems to be the new "normal" series. Batman 2?! Come on, the only useful part to me from series 1 was the lobster :hmpf_bad: Series 2 are going to be so shitty, that I already can smell it :sick:

Well, to each his own. I liked the Batman series. I just hope they stick with giving us both: licensed and not licensed.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

Well, to each his own. I liked the Batman series. I just hope they stick with giving us both: licensed and not licensed.Ā 

Seconded. However licensed series are a risky gamble, I do not like the Disney series but liked the TLBM one. Thus I think TLG will mostly stick to regular.

On 24 May 2017 at 3:32 AM, Ashnflash said:

Wait... Why would there be a Wizard of Oz series. I don't think I can come up with 16 characters....

1 Dorathy w/ Toto

2 Lion

3 Tin Man

4 Scarecrow

5 Munchkin

6 Wizard of Oz

7 Glinda

8 Wicked Witch variant?

9 Flying Monkey variant(s)?Ā Ā 

10 Munchkin Mayor?Ā 

Anywayssss where is this rumour fromĀ :grin:

No reason it needs to be 16, of course.