r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

It was recently mentioned that ninjago was lowered from 20 to 16, so yes the second pic is more recent. 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:03 PM, Roebuck said:

If it is a castle themed series I would be very happy! Would expect to see the return of the goat in a different colour at least and maybe a sheep :grin:

A series of classic minifigs sounds odd, since CMF is the complete opposite *huh*

Well if not bet we'll get a sheep at some point because of its inclusion in Lego Worlds :)

Do you think we will ever get soft capes in a CMF series? And I would definitely buy a Lego goat.

Edited by Franklinw1234

An early Nexo-Knights video shows a design for a Lego sheep. I don't have the link myself, but there might be others who could find it and share.

5 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Do you think we will ever get soft capes in a CMF series? And I would definitely buy a Lego goat.

I would too, but I'd rather not pay the BrickLink prices.  It's silly that there has only been one release of the goat to this day.

48 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I would too, but I'd rather not pay the BrickLink prices.  It's silly that there has only been one release of the goat to this day.

Yeah, $30 a goat is crazy.

Just now, kungfulegolover said:

The licensed one for January 2019 is probably The LEGO Movie 2 series because the movie itself releases in February 2019. Same thing happened with the first LEGO Movie series and The LEGO Batman Movie series and probably will happen for The LEGO Ninjago Movie series.

Oh yeah, you're right. They can't switch them, unless they push back The LEGO Movie Sequel once again.

So, the line-up would go as follows:

Jan 18  -  Batman Movie 2 

May 18 -  Series 18 

Sep 18 -  Licensed series

Jan 19 -  The LEGO Movie Sequel

Just now, Robert8 said:

Oh yeah, you're right. They can't switch them, unless they push back The LEGO Movie Sequel once again.

So, the line-up would go as follows:

Jan 18  -  Batman Movie 2 

May 18 -  Series 18 

Sep 18 -  Licensed series

Jan 19 -  The LEGO Movie Sequel

Given the popularity of the first, the September 2018 slated licenced series must be Disney series 2, though I know there is nothing to suggest that yet.

Oh my goodness... @Digger of Bricks, do you realise the emotional trauma you'll cause @Pop Star c o by bringing up that possibility??! Even whistfully???!

Has anyone suggested yet that perhaps TLG are holding that September slot for a potential second TLNM series?? I know it might not sound likely at first. But given the credence the second TLBM series seems to have, perhaps not entirely far fetched? 

1 hour ago, d-delay said:

Oh my goodness... @Digger of Bricks, do you realise the emotional trauma you'll cause @Pop Star c o by bringing up that possibility??! Even whistfully???!

Has anyone suggested yet that perhaps TLG are holding that September slot for a potential second TLNM series?? I know it might not sound likely at first. But given the credence the second TLBM series seems to have, perhaps not entirely far fetched? 

Maybe, if rumors about a second TLBM series are true, being released a whole year after the previous one could be considered for TLNM also. :sceptic:

I didn't expect a second series for TLBM, it surprised me that talk about one were actually possibly credible rumors.

Someone suggested that an upcoming WB film could maybe have a Lego Batman short attached to it, keeping consumer interest to film and products strong. Perhaps TLNM in October or even the Justice League movie in November could have such a short attached to it, like The Master short attached to Storks last year.

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given the popularity of the first, the September 2018 slated licenced series must be Disney series 2, though I know there is nothing to suggest that yet.

No it is not, sorry.

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe, if rumors about a second TLBM series are true, being released a whole year after the previous one could be considered for TLNM also. :sceptic:

I didn't expect a second series for TLBM, it surprised me that talk about one were actually possibly credible rumors.

Someone suggested that an upcoming WB film could maybe have a Lego Batman short attached to it, keeping consumer interest to film and products strong. Perhaps TLNM in October or even the Justice League movie in November could have such a short attached to it, like The Master short attached to Storks last year.

There will be a new wave of sets next year's first half, so the minifigures will blend with the sets.

13 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No it is not, sorry.

There will be a new wave of sets next year's first half, so the minifigures will blend with the sets.

Definitely not Disney series 2? Are we sure? :classic:

5 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Definitely not Disney series 2? Are we sure? :classic:

Not in 2018.That will be a licensed series about nothing that I've read here. If I remember correctly

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Not in 2018.That will be a licensed series about nothing that I've read here. If I remember correctly

Is that possible that this licensed series in sept 2018 could be a Wizard of Oz series ? (the film will be aged of 80 years old in 2019) 

2 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Is that possible that this licensed series in sept 2018 could be a Wizard of Oz series ? (the film will be aged of 80 years old in 2019) 

Yes that is possible, hey hold that license.
But I won't tell if that is right.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know :wub_drool:

That would be something.  If so, I really hope they include the Flying Monkeys.  That Batman set they are in is a bit of an obstacle if all I want are those minifigures, so getting them in a more affordable way would be much appreciated.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:41 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser... But I don't think they can make a full Wizard of Oz series. Could it be the case that they are planning on mixing IPs in a single series? That would be interesting.