r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

20 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I don't know about you guys, but Lego releases more sets and figures that I want than what I can afford.

If only that were the case for me. I bet I haven't bought 6 or 8 sets in the last two years. Lots of us focus on 1 or 2 themes, and when there's nothing made for them, regular CMF series are the only chance to get a piece of that. 

This May, we have a regular series, this is the first time in 3 years (May 2014 - Simpson 1 ; May 2015 - Simpson 2 ; May 2016 - Disney 1)

We had a unicorn suit girl, maybe one day we'll have a dragon suit guy?

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

This May, we have a regular series, this is the first time in 3 years (May 2014 - Simpson 1 ; May 2015 - Simpson 2 ; May 2016 - Disney 1)

We had a unicorn suit girl, maybe one day we'll have a dragon suit guy?

That seems like something within the realm of possibility. I'd like to see one that uses a recolor of the Man-Bat arms.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:24 PM, Borex said:

I am wondering what a Ninjago series will bring us. I mean, i rarely want some figs from ninjago. Will it be all ninja's in colors, some snakemen, ghosts or evil ninja's? I hope they'll use parts we can use for other stuff.

Judging from The LEGO Movie and LEGO Batman Movie minifigures, it would include alternate versions of the main characters, as well as an assortment of more minor characters.

In Ninjago's case, the movie's main characters are the six ninja (Kai, Zane, Cole, Jay, Lloyd, and Nya), Master Wu, and Lord Garmadon. But the rest is completely up in the air. Just looking at the trailer, some of the remaining figs may be from Garmadon's new army of aquatic-themed baddies. But I'd expect several of those designs to instead show up in the full playsets. Also, it's possible that some of the ninja figs will be in more civilian-type costumes, since the regular sets are more likely to include their ninja costumes.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, Tragic Banjo said:

That seems like something within the realm of possibility. I'd like to see one that uses a recolor of the Man-Bat arms.

I didn't think about this but you're right, these arms reused and recolored would be great. I love dragons and didn't think about Dragon Suit Guy/Girl until 2 days ago. So having a fantasy animal in the suits (unicorn) makes me think it could be a possibility I would so love. I googled images about Dragon Suit and there are nice ones with wings and head.

Edited by notpennysboat

I was thinking on this 

Itaria said Series 18 will happen next year. Not "Series 18 and Series 19"

If Disney 2 was canceled, then that means it was replaced with another licensed series.

What could it be? :look:

I suppose it's possible that they might consider a second Ninjago series, but without seeing what's in store for movie sets, the CMF, etc., and not to mention seeing the actual movie and all of the characters, it's hard to say.

It would be a lot to hope for, but I would definitely be behind a DC Comics CMF line, especially one that is NOT Bat-centric and include comic-based Justice League, Teen Titan, Legion, etc, characters. I know I said the flesh tone characters aren't my favorite, but as a Superhero junkie in general, and a DC junkie in specific, I would love to flesh out (pardon the pun) my roster of DC heroes. But I doubt they would go that route  - two CMF lines in 2018 dedicated to DC characters would probably not go over well.

Maybe Star Wars? That would be something ...

2 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I suppose it's possible that they might consider a second Ninjago series, but without seeing what's in store for movie sets, the CMF, etc., and not to mention seeing the actual movie and all of the characters, it's hard to say.

It would be a lot to hope for, but I would definitely be behind a DC Comics CMF line, especially one that is NOT Bat-centric and include comic-based Justice League, Teen Titan, Legion, etc, characters. I know I said the flesh tone characters aren't my favorite, but as a Superhero junkie in general, and a DC junkie in specific, I would love to flesh out (pardon the pun) my roster of DC heroes. But I doubt they would go that route  - two CMF lines in 2018 dedicated to DC characters would probably not go over well.

Maybe Star Wars? That would be something ...

Or Marvel?

If we didn't have solid rumors saying that Disney 2 was cancelled, I'd say we were getting TLBM S2, 18, and Disney 2 all in 2018. But with all of the current information, it's hard to make out what's actually going on for me. I wouldn't think we'd be getting CMFs for DC, Marvel, and Star Wars, because minifigs are selling points for the sets of those themes. But then again, they did it with TLBM, by including minor characters that might be harder to put in sets. I don't see any other franchise (aside from Ninjago) possibly getting the series in 2018, but if indeed Disney 2 isn't happening anymore, and if it's going to be replaced by another licensed series, my best guess would be Star Wars, because it's a Disney IP too, and because it would avoid the problem of giving us 2 superhero CMFs in a single year.

Given all the legal challenges with Hasbro in the past, I don't think Marvel or Star Wars are ever going to be CMFs.

Now there is the very real possibility that there is some licensed property that we haven't been made aware of, or some internal plans for a CMF series based on another of TLG's own media properties.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I may know what is in 2018, and if that is true, I am for the first time happier than a regular series.

Could you please restate that in a way that drops more clues? :classic:

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I may know what is in 2018, and if that is true, I am for the first time happier than a regular series.

*oh2*

And the plot thickens.....

11 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Could you please restate that in a way that drops more clues? :classic:

I do know nothing but I have a suspect.
I was told that S18 would have been much like series 14: themed.
What if S18 isn't themed, and the themed series is something different?

5 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Very interesting. I'm going to assume this means a historic themed series until proven otherwise. 

lol, wishful thinking more than anything, but wouldn't that be great?

Edit: or maybe zombified versions of old classics. Like the zombie pirate. Zombie classic space guy, zombie knight, etc. I'd buy a bunch of those.

Edited by SirBlake

2 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Very interesting. I'm going to assume this means a historic themed series until proven otherwise. 

lol, wishful thinking more than anything, but wouldn't that be great?

Oh, it may be considered historic, but in a way nobody expects. 
Of course if I am correct, which I can't tell for sure.

2 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Heh, if LEGO's strategy is anything to go by, it's probably just a rehash of S1...

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I was told Ninjago for S18.

16 minutes ago, NewTown said:

I was told Ninjago for S18.

Ninjago is the next series but it won't a be numbered series :)

It goes as follows (as far as we know)

May 17. Series 17

Sep 17. Ninjago Movie

Jan 18. Batman Movie 2

May 18. Series 18?

Edited by Robert8

Ahh, thank you. I must have misunderstood what he meant. The same person told me no Batman second wave (I really hope there is) and the next regular CMF series is not until 2018 as you said..

23 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Sounds like an anniversary to me. :wink:

On 3/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, Pop Star c o said:

You and your regular series. It's starting to get on my nerves.

You have those "regular series" to thank for the existence of the non-regular ones to begin with. :wink:

On 3/6/2017 at 3:04 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

14 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Sounds like an anniversary to me. :wink:

A very interesting conversation.  What anniversary could LEGO be celebrating?  Maybe the 40th anniversary of the Castle theme?

If true, and if they live up to expectation, I'm going to blow a lot of money on these.