r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 23. 2. 2017 at 3:35 PM, julesvincent said:

Since it has been a very regional release, a second series for soccer wouldn't count in the 3 series/year scheme. With the soccer series we had 4 series in Gernany (jan-may-aug-okt)

I don't think LEGO is going to make another soccer series.

P. S.:

How did DFB series sell?

15 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

I don't think LEGO is going to make another soccer series.

P. S.:

How did DFB series sell?

They were sold out in stores pretty fast. But I think  a lot bought them for resell and are still sitting on a bunch of those. So from Lego's side it's all good ;)

5 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Current word-on-the-street is that Disney CMF Series 2 has been scrapped. It's pretty disappointing.

So it seems the 2018 line-up will be

Jan 18 - Batman Movie 2

May 18 - ???????? or Series 18

Sep 18 - ???????? or Series 18

God, I hope this means we'll get Series 18 and Series 19 next year

Is it definitive? Will we get Disney 2 at any time? And what would we get instead, if we didn't get Disney 2. Doctor Who? But I think, that Disney would sell much better.

3 hours ago, Ardelon said:

Is there any info to back up a 2nd series of TLBM?

Think it is just a rumour, just like the 2nd Disney series was.

Well, well, well ... I am surprised about no Disney 2 ... I thought this series sold really well. I guess time will tell what Lego has in store for us. But I agree, I hope it's series CMF 18 and 19!

I assume that the licensed series are selling very well (a little surprised since both Simpsons series and the Disney series are all still readily available around my area) and that is why they are betting more heavily on them...  Still, it stinks that the regular series is being put on hold so much.  At this point, I wish they would go to four series a year so that those of us who skip the licensed sers could still get regular minifigures regularly. 

At least the Ninjago and Lego Movie 2 series should be interesting to traditional minifig collectors.

I wasn't aware that we had rumors (as opposed to simple wishlisting) about TLBM2 series. I'd be pretty excited to see that! Granted, I don't think they could pull off 20 characters again. Maybe the ~5 villains from the film that we haven't seen in Lego form yet, ~5 new Batsuits, and then what? Maybe Justice League figs that haven't been done? Or maybe they could fill the series with characters in the white outfits...

Anyways, really hope that rumor turns out to be true, and really disappointed if there indeed is no Disney S2. Disney has so much potential.

Also, always glad to see the continuation of the numbered series!

Well then, if TLBM is getting another series, maybe its same for the Ninjago movie as well? That would be disappointing. I'm still hoping for S18 and S19.

4 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

You and your regular series. It's starting to get on my nerves.

Wow. Just...wow.

Who is this even directed at?

On 2/28/2017 at 8:51 AM, sithewok said:

four series a year

That would be extremely expensive to keep up with. Even at 3 a year, it is getting out of hand at over $4 per figure and the sets lately have had more than the standard 16.

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Wow. Just...wow.

Who is this even directed at?

I guess me since my comment was the last one above his.

5 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

You and your regular series. It's starting to get on my nerves.

Hello Pot, meet Kettle...

Pop Star c o said:

Ideal layout:

Jan - The LEGO Batman Movie 2
May - Disney 2
Aug/Sep/Okt - Series 18

Pop Star c o said:

Oh, my gosh! What does that mean?!! I hope you're not true! We all need Disney 2 for 2018!

Pop Star c o said:

I have two wishes for 2018: TLBM 2 and Disney 2.

Pop Star c o said:

Disney would sell much better.

41 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Hello Pot, meet Kettle...

Nice.

Yeah, I don't mind licensed series.  There's always at least a couple I like for one reason or another.  But I vastly prefer the regular numbered series.  Mostly for the couple of figures that are useful for Castle themes, but there are still usually a few minifugres I would like otherwise.

If we could all be okay with a Lego world minifiged with all colors that would be great. Please, please, please. If we want them to, they can even be nice to each other. <sings>"It's a small world after all. . ."</sings> :tongue:

Nothing against regular series, but I prefer licenced ones.
Ideal layout is one regular, one Disney and one movie series.

2018:                2019:                2020:
Jan - TLBM 2    Jan - TLM2       Jan - TLM2 2
May - S18         May - S19         May - S20
Sep - Disney 2  Sep - Disney 3 Sep - Disney 4, etc.

That may be YOUR "ideal layout," but it's not mine. One regular series a year doesn't cut it, especially when there is a whole host of imaginative ideas out there that could fill up the regular CMF lines for decades.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by DarrellBricker

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

So there's only one way to gratify both sides - 4 series per year.

That wouldn't satisfy everyone either. That would be too much to keep up with. And Lego probably thinks that would saturate the market. Already some people experience CMF fatigue.

I get the licensed series and regular series lovers. But the truth is, for the most part, no matter what we argue, Lego is going to do whatever they think is most profitable. And honestly, whenever there's a series I don't want (Simpsons, Team GB and DFB for me), that means I get to spend part of my CMF budget in other sets. I don't know about you guys, but Lego releases more sets and figures that I want than what I can afford. So my point is there's a silver lining if you don't get the series you want. It's impossible to satisfy everyone at once and we all have a unique combination of interests.

I get much of the reasoning about CMF series schedule. There is the production facilities' capacity, shelf life, and where the licensed series are concerned, the media tie-in.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:10 AM, DarrellBricker said:

Well, well, well ... I am surprised about no Disney 2 ... I thought this series sold really well. I guess time will tell what Lego has in store for us. But I agree, I hope it's series CMF 18 and 19!

The Disney series was probably their most popular series thus far. They actually re-released the entire series due to the overwhelming demand. Not to mention they couldn't keep the Disney Castle in stock for the first 4 to 6 months. I'm almost certain we will see Disney 2 in 2018. 

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

That wouldn't satisfy everyone either. That would be too much to keep up with. And Lego probably thinks that would saturate the market. Already some people experience CMF fatigue.

I get the licensed series and regular series lovers. But the truth is, for the most part, no matter what we argue, Lego is going to do whatever they think is most profitable. And honestly, whenever there's a series I don't want (Simpsons, Team GB and DFB for me), that means I get to spend part of my CMF budget in other sets. I don't know about you guys, but Lego releases more sets and figures that I want than what I can afford. So my point is there's a silver lining if you don't get the series you want. It's impossible to satisfy everyone at once and we all have a unique combination of interests.

I couldn't agree more. Four series per year would be overkill and exhausting. It's good to have the breaks in between.