r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

Five dollars could buy me a Mixel instead. Kids will see that as well, methinks. Maybe LEGO is trying to boost Mixel sales.

I wasn't here for the price hike from $3 to $4, I started collecting when they were $4 already. I don't know if I could justify spending more per figure on these little guys, no matter how much I love 'em.

With the new price and the messy release dates they are going to kill this theme!

EDIT. Oh wait.... maybe the new price is only for the Batman CMF's?

Since it will be a licensed series with 20 minifigures?

Edited by Robert8

EDIT. Oh wait.... maybe the new price is only for the Batman CMF's?

Since it will be a licensed series with 20 minifigures?

That's what I'm thinking. The Batman series might justify the price increase due to the licensing and extra figures in the line.

I don't think there being 20 figures or it being licensed should alter the price. The price went up with Simpsons due to licensing and then stayed the same for regular figs. Unless DC are charging more for the licensing it shouldn't change anything and even then I don't understand it as Lego already has the liscence.

I don't think there being 20 figures or it being licensed should alter the price. The price went up with Simpsons due to licensing and then stayed the same for regular figs. Unless DC are charging more for the licensing it shouldn't change anything and even then I don't understand it as Lego already has the liscence.

Yup. When the price increased for The Simpsons the price stayed increase stayed for following series. So if they're going to raise prices to the Batman series, that new price will stay for future series. I just really hope they do not increase it. :hmpf_bad:

Just another reason to be against licensed series...

:wink:

Im starting to think that they're using Licensed series as a way to increase prices in the CMF series. smh.

Edited by BrickFit26

Im starting to think that they're using Licensed series as a way to increase prices in the CMF series. smh.

Well....

maybe :thumbdown:

I seem to remember there being rumors of a price hike with S14. Hopefully this turns out to be just for The LEGO Batman Movie CMFs. If not, I'll still buy them--I don't buy complete sets anyways.

On a somewhat related note, the Learning Express near me is selling the Disney CMFs for $6 each. Zoinks!

Some previously released CMFs parts will be returning this year

pTRUDE1-7528521enh-z6.jpg

pTRUDE1-7528521_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Five dollars could buy me a Mixel instead. Kids will see that as well, methinks. Maybe LEGO is trying to boost Mixel sales.

Actually, I think Mixel prices have also increased by another $ this wave. It's priced me out of buying those tiny sets for sure, I probably can't quit CMF at this point, but I'll be sure to watch for discounts instead of buying a case right away.

Actually, I think Mixel prices have also increased by another $ this wave. It's priced me out of buying those tiny sets for sure...

Really? That stinks. I haven't been keeping up with Mixel news, but I used to occasionally buy them as impulse purchases, now I probably will not.

Really? That stinks. I haven't been keeping up with Mixel news, but I used to occasionally buy them as impulse purchases, now I probably will not.

Well that's not from any news, that's from what I saw locally in the store on Sunday. The previous wave are still the old price $ 4.99 and the previous-previous wave are still $3.98 clearance. The new wave though was $5.99 which is much too much for those little things.

Brexit?

That's what I think... but is too soon, isn't it?

Edited by Robert8

Wait, I don't get it. Doesn't that article just mention a price increase in the UK? It seems to be that we can't conclude anything about prices elsewhere.

You win.