r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I think, that´s the difference between those who collect the CMF as a collector's item, and those who see the CMF just as cheap spare part spenders for other purposes.

For me as a collector, I´m happy about every minifig-part that is customized somehow to build a unique minifigure.

A big blue jewel printed on a torso or another part is not disruptive to me, because I only need one of it to complete my collection.

Don´t get me wrong, I will not dictate to anyone how to use the minifigs (or parts of them) of the CMF, but I think the primary intention of the Collectable Minifigures is to collect and share them to get a complete set of them, comparable to trading-cards, stamps or other things that are worth to collect.

Therefore I welcome it if future minifigs are kept as unique as possible, even if it would mean that the minifigs were completely useless for other purposes.

Surely the primary intention of them is to make sure they sell, so the user can do whatever they want with them. You've italicised Collectable, but remember Lego do not call them Collectable Minifigures, they are Minifigures Series 15 and so on. They occasionally use collectable with a small c to describe the series, but normally not as the title.

I don't think Lego cares if people collect full sets or assemble armies of large numbers of particular ones, or buy them to use for parts, so long as they sell.

Edited by MAB

With the cool looking Ice Queen coming out for S16, I'd like to see a companion for her in a future series. Some kind of Ice Knight, henchman or something to go along with her.

With the cool looking Ice Queen coming out for S16, I'd like to see a companion for her in a future series. Some kind of Ice Knight, henchman or something to go along with her.

Maybe a "Frost Warrior", based on the frost giants from norse mythology

I honestly can see that happening, but I wonder if they would do an Ice King first?

Just googles it & that would be AMAZING. A must have.

I honestly can see that happening, but I wonder if they would do an Ice King first?

I'd be ok without a king for a while. Ice/Frost warriors to build an army would be nice.

Oh no you didn't :grin:

Well, look at those swords. She is pretty much an ice warior herself :laugh:

My 2 cents about Simpsons series 2.

Series 1 sold well to fans and people expecting to make money from them, so TLG overproduced series 2.

The resellers did not do well from series 1 so they did not buy into series 2 quite so heavily. Leading to people seeing series 2 left over in their shops.

If TLG wanted to, they could produce one building and a new Simpsons cmf series each year for the next three years. But sales would drop off as the muggles failed to make the money they were expecting to.

They would sell to the Simpsons fans and Lego collectors, a few muggles would also buy some.

For future series of ordinary cmf we still need a few more professions. Female alternates etc.

There are also a load of Mascot type animal suit people they could produce.

Edited by Venunder

For future series of ordinary cmf we still need a few more professions. Female alternates etc.

There are also a load of Mascot type animal suit people they could produce.

Not to mention more themed figures--kids and adults alike will always like more pirates, classic castle figs, wild west themed figs, etc.

Or at least I will!

Not to mention more themed figures--kids and adults alike will always like more pirates, classic castle figs, wild west themed figs, etc.

Or at least I will!

One thing that surprises me is that the collectible minifigures have never had a single fireman! I know firemen are ubiquitous in LEGO City, but so are policemen and that doesn't seem to have held LEGO back from doing the Policeman, Constable, and Traffic Cop (not to mention Chief Wiggum and Scribble-Face Bad Cop in the themed series).

But this isn't the wish list topic so I don't want to get too deep into what specific occupations the CMFs have yet to get around to. Suffice to say there are plenty of them, some of which seem like they'd be pretty obvious candidates for future series! While we've seen somewhat of an increase in themed series since 2014, it's certainly not due to a lack of material for non-themed series to draw from.

Edited by Aanchir

I would love to see an 1800s Fire Brigade member.

The choice of CMF figures does seem to be random for a large part. There are some pairs of figures they do, but then some make very little sense. What is the point of a spooky boy? I would much rather have seen a boy dressed as a cowboy, or with a toy boat, or some other more common scenario that could utilize the specialized torso/leg pieces.

Each series is always complete surprise as to the figures included (even though some figs like banana guy and Mariachi could have been guessed for S16, everything else kind of came out of left field.)

I'd also like to see an EMT with a stethoscope or their orange or sometimes red bag they carry with equipment. The minifigure could also be a fireman with medical supplies (first aid kit) that offer first aid.

I don't know what's going on with all those quality issues in the Disney series, but I hope they fixed whatever happened and it won't affect Series 16 and Series 17

I don't know what's going on with all those quality issues in the Disney series, but I hope they fixed whatever happened and it won't affect Series 16 and Series 17

What quality issues?

I think an obvious figure they haven't made yet would be 3-D moviegoer. Just have a guy with 3-D glasses and a box of popcorn accessory.

- MJ

I think an obvious figure they haven't made yet would be 3-D moviegoer. Just have a guy with 3-D glasses and a box of popcorn accessory.

- MJ

Indeed! You should check out Robert8's ideas for CMF's, as he has that exact guy mocked up as part of his second wave. There's a link a few posts up to some cool stuff that would be awesome if TLG actually made any of it!

Indeed! You should check out Robert8's ideas for CMF's, as he has that exact guy mocked up as part of his second wave. There's a link a few posts up to some cool stuff that would be awesome if TLG actually made any of it!

Ah, very cool. Exactly what I had in mind. Nice work, Robert8! Get on this, Lego :)

What quality issues?

There are some missprints shown in the licensed forum:

It seems, to effect however only the mice and ducks...At least there is none other posted. I got several minifigures of the serie, and I got no problems.

And missing parts. I've seen a lot of reports on facebook

Ah, very cool. Exactly what I had in mind. Nice work, Robert8! Get on this, Lego :)

Thank you :classic: