r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

I agree. I also don't like Bumblebee Girl but I collected it anyway. The poll is also not representative of the large majority of collectors who do not participate in EB.

The point was - who would have thought that the bumble bee girl would have risen so much in value in comparison to all the other figures in that series, based on what was chosen as EB users' favourites?

On the subject of how well/poorly the Monsters series did, I've just checked the website of a massive chain shop here in Ireland and they seem to have large remaining quantities of Monsters, and have marked down the price on them to only €2 each, which is a crazy deal. Minifigures here tend to be €3 and can push €4 if the series is popular enough.

(This all being said: The shop also still has a reasonably large amount of Series 12 minifigs for sale, but not marked down from their original price)

Was Monsters unpopular because it was all one theme, or because it was all Monster themed?

Personally, I don't believe Series 14 / Monsters was unpopular. At stores near me, it was very difficult to get hold of them prior to Halloween. Any stock coming in was going out just as quick. I tend not to buy CMFs until they hit £1.50 or less (£2.49 RRP here), whether through a sale or by using offers. I've never had a problem doing it, from series 3 onwards. "Popular" series such as Simpsons S1, S10, LEGO Movie, I've picked them all up at £1 each figure. S6 - I bought 4x sealed boxes at £0.50 per minifigure (in March 2013, so about a year after release). S8 - 2x boxes at £0.80 per minifig. Even Team GB were reduced to £1.25 after the Olympics was over and sales started dwindling.

All series have gone on sale near me. Some stores seem to handle them badly, putting them out way too late, when people have bought from other stores. Then they sit and don't sell in a rush, and eventually they get discounted. For the monsters especially, they probably sell badly at this time of year. But if that stock was sitting on the shelves come October, then I imagine there would be an increase in sales. Not to collectors as they probably already have a set, but to kids / parents.

Those who collect castle or space, are not going to buy monsters. That's why It's a mistake to do a one theme like monsters. I personally had no problem with them but Lego has to realize that these didn't sell well.

for space and castle collectors that is actually better. I will buy a box of 60 each. :D

You could equally well say it is a mistake to do a mixed series, since people that collect space are not going to collect the series of mixed ones, but just the space ones from that series. And so on.

Everything is a mistake, unless it happens to appeal to enough customers. Then it is absolute genius. Releasing a purely historical set of warriors would be perfect for those that collect historical based armies.

Let's speculate about this CM4Sci's post.

What do you think he's try to suggest?

Perhaps... relax... is there an holiday minifigure planned for series 17 that we yet don't know?

If CM4Sci has info about Series 17 then that means the guy has a microphone under the table or something :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

I wonder will the Batman and Ninjago consist of original characters to calm non licensed fans, surly they could throw any character into the background of the film and release them, like Panda Guy.

I wonder will the Batman and Ninjago consist of original characters to calm non licensed fans, surly they could throw any character into the background of the film and release them, like Panda Guy.

I expect a few new made-up batman villains especially for lego. It is of course a lego movie, right?

It's understandable why they want more Lego movie series, they did it once, so why not again? Disney series 2 would be great, but they're going to try really hard to promote these upcoming movies.

I get that they want to promote their movies, but why not have a Disney series 2 for, say, December?

I'm a bit new to the CMF game, so is it the norm that LEGO only release about three CMFs a year? Why not do four or more?

Yes, 3 series a year is normal. Any more and they would overlap too much. Some people can barely afford to sustain the CMF addiction as it is.

Edited by x105Black

Since Series 17 is confirmed maybe it is time for Itaria's Guessing Game?

We got series 16 list 9 freaking months before the release date

This time I would like to share some of my drawings to illustrate my guesses :blush:

Itaria, where are you?

Edited by Robert8

Please, give us Disney 2!!! It MUST BE!!!

I hope so.

Although I look forward to Batman, 17, and Ninjago...I'd really like them to just squeeze in one more CMF for Disney series 2, as well.

I don't think they would release 4 series in a single year

That's just too much

I'm guessing Disney 2 will be take the Jan 2018 slot because LEGO Movie 2 series will take the May 2018 slot.

Edited by Robert8

So many themed series :wacko:

So true and so annoying when so many great potential non-licensed figures still to be made. At least with the Lego movie there was still something for everyone. Problem is that there are still so many Disney characters remaining and the theme provides Lego with a bigger market as so many non-Lego fans will still buy them to put on their shelves to gather dust...

Edited by lifeinplastic

I don't think they would release 4 series in 1 a year

That's just too much

I'm guessing Disney 2 will be take the Jan 2018 slot because LEGO Movie 2 series will take the May 2018 slot.

But they MUST release 4 series in 1 a year!

But they MUST release 4 series in 1 a year!

Be careful what you wish for... it's getting harder every year to acquire a complete set of CMFs in my local toyshop and you want even more? Unless you buy in boxes of 60, that won't be a problem.

So true and so annoying when so many great potential non-licensed figures still to be made. At least with the Lego movie there was still something for everyone. Problem is that there are still so many Disney characters remaining and the theme provides Lego with a bigger market as so many non-Lego fans will still buy them to put on their shelves to gather dust...

Exactly. I can stand 1 theme series a year, but the 2 themed series planned for next year is too much. I prefer the non licensed figures all the way.

Guys, could you please consider ceasing to express the fact that you're against themed series, those of you who are? Those concerns have been expressed before, and there's always the people who like themed series, and those who don't. None of us have control of Lego. That conversation gets a little repetitive. Just a suggestion. :classic:

Just a suggestion. :classic:

No, no, no... You've got it all wrong.

A suggestion will barely make a dent in this debacle.

What you need to do is beseech - implore - grovel for - them to stop!

Then, perhaps then, they will listen.

Sorry, but I do believe that Lego does take into account feedback from popular fan sites. Therefore any criticism should be expressed in the appropriate threads like this. It's a discussion and people have a right to express their opinion, exactly in the way that fans of licensed themes do when they complain. We don't all have to agree but just because one post has previously expressed they don't like something does not mean others can't echo those thoughts.

Apologies to divert the discussion though.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Be careful what you wish for... it's getting harder every year to acquire a complete set of CMFs in my local toyshop and you want even more? Unless you buy in boxes of 60, that won't be a problem.

I wouldn't mind 4-5-6 CMF sets in a year. When they do licensed vs non-licensed, then there are enough different series that many people will not want them all. Sure, some people will feel they need them all, but not most. They manage to put out multiple themes at once for regular sets, so why not CMFs too? So long as retailers still buy into them so they can be sold, I wouldn't mind it at all.

I wouldn't mind 4-5-6 CMF sets in a year. When they do licensed vs non-licensed, then there are enough different series that many people will not want them all. Sure, some people will feel they need them all, but not most. They manage to put out multiple themes at once for regular sets, so why not CMFs too? So long as retailers still buy into them so they can be sold, I wouldn't mind it at all.

My thoughts exactly. I collect a lot of different toylines (Funko, Kidrobot, etc), and I know I don't buy every single figure in a set unless I'm head over heels for 'em. In a lot of other toy collecting circles, completionists aren't usually the majority either.

Edited by sylin