Sign in to follow this  
Darth Yogi

Luke's 74-z speeder bike

I decided to make The speeder Luke rides on Endor for this catagory.

So here you go.

Also This is my 500th post :classic:

EDIT! A quick color change to make it look smoother. Everything else is the same.

5708518824_d309d5e0f7.jpg

5673175554_8894fac38a.jpg

5672608065_60381de680.jpg

5672607433_18910e76a1.jpg

5672607737_07004c4684.jpg

5672607033_0b8f35e0c1.jpg

All picture can be seen larger on Flickr.

Thanks for looking, and hope you enjoyed. Please C&C.

Edited by Darth Yogi

It looks awesome!

Idea for pedals is great! :wub:

What's with the backpack on the back of the speeder. Is it modified? :oh3:

It looks awesome!

Idea for pedals is great! :wub:

What's with the backpack on the back of the speeder. Is it modified? :oh3:

Yes the backpack is modified, and thanks.

This is particularly interesting to me as aside form my entry I've been trying to build a 74-Z speeder and have toyed with the idea of using 1 stud thickness at the front. I've been looking at using curved slopes and didn't even consider using the 1 x 1 slope which works really well here.

I really like your nose section - you have been successful in creating a sleek and compact look. I also like your innovative part usage in creating the pedals and the way you have used the binoculars to hold the outriggers. But, IMHO your success with the nose section has caused two slight problems:

1. The rear seems overly long, I think if you could fit your back-pack/blanket on top rather than hanging off the rear this would tighten it up. Despite TLGs instance on hanging the back-pack off the back in the film they are on top.

2. Again because you have been so successful with the compact front section, the steering vanes look too large IMO. Maybe a 1 x 1 modified tile with clip would work here? I don't see this as being any more or less accurate than the traditional triangular road sign.

These are just my opinions and perhaps you disagree, overall I think this is a nice speeder and to be honest I might have to 'borrow' :wink: some of your ideas on the version I am currently working on. :thumbup:

Edited by Praiter Yed

The back looks really narrow to me. Even a couple of simple brown 1x2 slopes might look good for the engines.

Thank you all for the comments and glad you like it.

2. Again because you have been so successful with the compact front section, the steering vanes look too large IMO. Maybe a 1 x 1 modified tile with clip would work here? I don't see this as being any more or less accurate than the traditional triangular road sign.

These are just my opinions and perhaps you disagree, overall I think this is a nice speeder and to be honest I might have to 'borrow' :wink: some of your ideas on the version I am currently working on. :thumbup:

Thanks Praiter. I not sure how the clip for the steering vane would look as I don't have two of them in brown :blush: . I see what you mean with the backpack, although when I put it there, it seems a little top heavy. Also feel free to use any of my techniques, just so long as you give me credit :wink:

Edited by darth yogi

Thanks Praiter. I not sure how the clip for the steering vane would look as I don't have two of them in brown :blush: . I see what you mean with the backpack, although when I put it there, it seems a little top heavy. Also feel free to use any of my techniques, just so long as you give me credit :wink:

Of course I would give credit :classic: . I have tried the 1 x 1 clips on the version I'm building and they are WAY too small.

Simplistic but done very nicely, I could somehow see the back of the speeder being a tad bit wider, but just my thought.

Thanks for the comments guys, I actually just made a small color change and will post a picture soon.

EDIT- Photo completed, and added to first post, just a color change, but it looks a little nicer without the grey to black.

Edited by Darth Yogi