Review: 4641 Speedboat

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Bad
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

The first thing I did when I bought the set was stick it into water and it floated enough, it didn't sink. Could have used a few more pieces, but it does float to a point.

That's great to hear! That was basically my only fear about this set. Now it definitely strikes me as an amazing set for its price.

Also, Big Cam, the nose pieces are only sort of new. They were introduced for helicopters last year-- the lower piece went under the nose of the helicopters and the upper piece went over the tail. A lot of people dislike these parts because they're "<insert that tiresome argument>", but as I see it they should be a godsend to AFOLs as they are an alternative to the even-more-<insert that tiresome argument> airplane parts introduced in 2006. They solve a lot of the problems I had with those airplane parts-- they are smaller, for one; the angles match up with other non-specialized slopes, and the tail section comes apart. Additionally, as demonstrated here, they are not as limited in their application-- by using different combinations of the nose and tail pieces you can create unique-but-still-streamlined vehicles, like speedboats. :classic:

I think it's a nice little set. Perhaps an improvement could have been to add a water skier. Maybe the collectible mini figure series will include one in the future, although making your own is easy enough.

Great review, BTW. :thumbup:

Edited by sharky

My daughter picked up this set today at Toys R Us. It seems this harbor theme is almost as popular with little girls as the Farm theme. One thing I have to say for this set, once you have it built it sure seems quite big given the low number of pieces. For only $1 more than most of the polybags are selling for these days, this is a much more substantial set.

Nice little set-- Kinda crazy I haven't picked one up yet. Trying to decide if I should just get one, or perhaps three or four to line up on the shore... Boat rental??