Bonaparte

EB 2011 Windsor Event: Program and information

Are we all planning to get Q-Bots on Thursday? I'm not sure how busy the park will be being a school day but they do save a lot of time instead of queueing for the rides. What do you think?

Well, I have heard from a few people at work that next week is in fact half term, which means there may be children about...

-Sir Norman "Dirty, stinking, children..." Ray.

Well, I have heard from a few people at work that next week is in fact half term, which means there may be children about...

Yeah, my bf told me about this, too. Might get quite busy at the rides.

Question: Can anyone bring a pair of external PC speakers that can be connected to my laptop? For the Friday presentation we'll need them for playing some short video's and I don't have any it seems.

Edit: Pally confirmed he has speakers and will bring them along :thumbup:

:laugh:

Yeah, my bf told me about this, too. Might get quite busy at the rides.

In that case Q-Bots will be a must for anyone wanting to hit the rides. It's £10 - £15 (off or on peak) extra on the day but well worth it. We can talk it over when we meet up though, get it sorted when we get into the park.

Speaking about getting to the park, what's the plan for getting from Sunningdale Park to LEGOland? Is the plan to use local transport? I'm driving down for the day, I'm happy to use my car as a form of transport to he park - can fit 3 extra.

Speaking about getting to the park, what's the plan for getting from Sunningdale Park to LEGOland? Is the plan to use local transport? I'm driving down for the day, I'm happy to use my car as a form of transport to he park - can fit 3 extra.

I'm not sure we have a plan :laugh:

I guess local transport for those who don't fit in the available cars. Your offer to use your car to transport some is very welcome!

A bit of advice for those who arriving at one of the airports.

If you plan on taking a taxi from the airport to the botel, it might very well be worth to book this before you arrive.

I just booked a taxi today, to drive me from Heathrow Airport to the hotel. The price was £25 instead of £65, which it would have cost me to take one of the black taxis at the airport.

So if you plan on taking a taxi there is quite a lot of money to be saved if you book it before you arrive. After all it means more money to spend on LEGO :laugh:

Time to leave for the UK (we're going a bit earlier to visit the HMS Victory at Portsmouth). See you all soon!

Time to leave for the UK (we're going a bit earlier to visit the HMS Victory at Portsmouth). See you all soon!

Have a safe and fun trip! See you there!

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'm not sure we have a plan default_laugh_new.gif

What? Who? Why? Darn! default_angry.gifdefault_laugh2.gif

Have a nice trip, see you in two days.

A bit of advice for those who arriving at one of the airports.

If you plan on taking a taxi from the airport to the botel, it might very well be worth to book this before you arrive.

I just booked a taxi today, to drive me from Heathrow Airport to the hotel. The price was £25 instead of £65, which it would have cost me to take one of the black taxis at the airport.

So if you plan on taking a taxi there is quite a lot of money to be saved if you book it before you arrive. After all it means more money to spend on LEGO :laugh:

A good taxi firm from Sunningdale (hotel) that you can book from the airport... http://sunningdale.book-a-taxi.com/ ... they charge £29 from Heathrow Terminal 5 and you can book them in advance... 01344 859080

Other good taxi/cab firms from the area...

Express Cars - 01784 250933

Blue Star Cars - 01784 462626

Ronia Mini Cabs - 01784 464510

They all charge around £25-30

We have arrived at the hotel a few hours ago :thumbup:

Some info:

- Towels are available in the room

- There's free WiFi in the rooms and it's super fast :thumbup:

- There's a HEATED outside pool :wub:, so bring your swimming gear

- Good restaurant, nice pub to hang out, ... :sweet:

- It's situated in the nice green countryside, with a nice lake on the huge hotel terrain.

- Rooms are clean, with bath, hairdryer available, ...

Couldn't be better, I could stay here forever!

Sounds great, Bonaparte! Just packed a pair of swimming trunks. Lets see if they come to use.

See you tomorrow!

Awesome, thanks for the report! :thumbup:

Can't wait for all the fun to begin, but I first I need to do a few last touches on my paper and send it in.

See you all on Thursday evening! :sweet:

Awesome!

Oh, and you can't pay me enough money to go swimming :P

-Sir Norman "The fact I can't find me trunks is nout to do with this!" Ray.

Wow this sounds good. Swimming is always good :-)

Really cannot wait to meet you all again :-)

See you late this evening...

Okay, I'm off for work and then it's airport time for me at last!

In the unlikely case of anyone dropping out of the meetup and having to cancel their room in the hotel - please send me a message. Someone forgot to book a room and now the hotel is all booked up :( We're trying to find a solution, but we might have to commute.

Anyway, see you all there!

Sounds great! I´m packing full scuba kit and leave for the airport in 2 hours :sweet:! See you in London :thumbup:!

Okay, I'm off for work and then it's airport time for me at last!

In the unlikely case of anyone dropping out of the meetup and having to cancel their room in the hotel - please send me a message. Someone forgot to book a room and now the hotel is all booked up :( We're trying to find a solution, but we might have to commute.

Anyway, see you all there!

Are you saying the hotel in which we stay is fully booked? It's a rather big complex so I would be surprised (but it's possible of course).

Hello!

Arrived I have. Are we going to meet for dinner tonight? If so, where and when?

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hi all, tired Peppy is tired, she is sat in her room. Is everyone in Chaucer building? I am. Who has dinner plans? Anyone else here yet?

One sleep for me and I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

Looks like you guys are going to kick start the event pretty soon! Have fun! Remember to take lots of pictures for this event! :sweet:

Looks like you guys are going to kick start the event pretty soon! Have fun! Remember to take lots of pictures for this event! :sweet:

Hello!

Yesterday I took some personal impressions of the hotel complex and surrounding park. I compiled a small site as BrickShelf would be too slow for updates. :classic:

June 1st 2011 - Arrival Day: Personal impressions of hotel and park

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Yay for Legostein King of the Paparazzi. :thumbup:

Keep that up and we who cannot be there shall live vicariously through your awesome photos. :grin: