Sign in to follow this  
EverettYA

MOC Hockey RInk

Doesn't the NHL have an outdoor game once a year? That could be your ticket not to have a roof.

They made some curved window pieces a while back, maybe those could go on the corners. Though I don't think the corners look all that bad now...

Steve

Doesn't the NHL have an outdoor game once a year? That could be your ticket not to have a roof.

Yes they do but they are usually in football arenas. Thanks for the idea though.

They made some curved window pieces a while back, maybe those could go on the corners. Though I don't think the corners look all that bad now...

Steve

I looked and I can't seem to find any. Do you know the set(s) they came in or better yet the piece number or bricklink link?

Probably too big, but on 10184 Town Plans gas station has a curved glass piece. Not sure what it's number is though...

That's a nice hockey rink. I'm a big fan of hockey, and that's a sport you rarely see MOCs of, so it's cool to see somebody glorify hockey in LEGO form. are you going to put other stickers on to make different teams? Definitely add a TV crew and medics, and if anything, a Zamboni. No hockey rink is complete without the Zamboni. Great job so far!

Probably too big, but on 10184 Town Plans gas station has a curved glass piece. Not sure what it's number is though...

Oh yes those would work if I used stickers at the bottom... Good idea!!

That's a nice hockey rink. I'm a big fan of hockey, and that's a sport you rarely see MOCs of, so it's cool to see somebody glorify hockey in LEGO form. are you going to put other stickers on to make different teams? Definitely add a TV crew and medics, and if anything, a Zamboni. No hockey rink is complete without the Zamboni. Great job so far!

Thank you. I do not have much skill with stickers but I may give it a shot. Oh yes the Zamboni, the most iconic part of hockey, I almost forgot!

Very nice hockey rink! Things I can think of to improve:

- add a row of yellow bricks at the bottom of the dasher boards

- goalies

- player's bench with coach

- penalty box

- clock keeper

- crowd

- water bottles

Also, will it be possible to change to orange arms and pants into other colors? So, black team might be black and yellow and white team is white and orange or white and red?

Just some suggestions. Have fun building!