Sign in to follow this  
oo7

City Fire Truck set 7239 Mod

indexed.gif V-LF-10A

I hope this doesn't bother anyone because this set is kind of old.

This is a very nice set, one of the best the City line and problaby the best Lego firetruck ever, but sadly, it still presents some problems for me. They are:

A. Ladder cab hangs over the front windshield

B. The whole back section had to turn when you turned the ladder

C. There is no disguisable siren

D. It looked too short when the raft trailer was removed

E. There is no way for it to hook up to a fire hydrant

F. Not enough room for both Firemen inside the truck

So this is what I did.

dsc02498.jpg

One thing I was very pleased with was the stabilizers, that is a very good feature. *y* *y*

Here I added an air horn on an improved bumper, a siren between the top front lights, lengthened the cab by adding another window and more red wall and ceiling, put a gray section with nozzles and gauges on both sides, added another set of red lights for icing on the cake and replaced the radio with a silver pole thingy on both sides for realism.

This back section is totally built from scratch. Even though the original swivel system had the good feature that it only worked once the stabilizers were down it looked very stupid when the whole back half of the firetruck swiveled with the ladder so as you can see I added a big red swivel piece and a black and red joint piece instead. I also have the same big compartment but also put in the smaller ones previously in the trailer.

Here I relocated the string hose in the back like most real firetrucks would have it and built a shaft in which rubber hoses can slide in and out of

dsc02505.jpg

Now this truck fits both firemen and the driver has a cool dashboard

dsc02507.jpg

Uhhhg, that pic is a wee bit too blurry for my liking :-| .

Questions? Comments? Criticisms? Compliments? Complaints? Everything is appreciated. ;-)

City is a timeless theme ;-)

I like almost everything you've done. The back standing out that much over the rear wheels looks kinda strange at first, but there's probably not that an easy way to change it. But the slide compartment for the hoses is a neat idea!

That "gadget board" where the outriggers are looks cool. The bigger cabin is needed, too, I agree.

Great mod there, oo7 :'-)

Ooo, approval from the City Mayor. I'm glad you like it Hobbes :'-)

I could change the length of the back, but I think it is fine the way it is.

Ooo, approval from the City Mayor. I'm glad you like it Hobbes :'-)

Well, you know, just vote for me should there be re-elections some time ;-)

I could change the length of the back, but I think it is fine the way it is.

Yes, it's ok. It was just kinda... different at first look, but you added a new bumper, too, which "evens it out" symmetry-wise. No need to change it *sweet*

my favourite city set made even better! *y* the only bad thing is the old grey *sad*

Nice MOD, makes a great set even greater.

BTW: Don't be sorry for MOD'ing an older set. A MOD is a MOD no matter how old the MOD'ed set is *sad*

KimT