Sign in to follow this  
Sebeus I

Din's Fire

thindexedgif.gif 112B

Din's fire;

I gratefully have made use of Captain Green Hair's Tutoral (how to build a frigate).

The ship has a working capstan (used to haul the anchor) and the hold can slide open, that last feature might not have been a bright idea, it had a grave influence on the gun deck and steadyness of the masts.

Be sure to check out those features in the

5670174041_8f193b74fc_m.jpg

5670173103_336959aec0_m.jpg

5670738462_451532a41f_m.jpg

5670737350_a427af5829_m.jpg

5670736308_6eea3d3d24_m.jpg

5670167667_ddab73899b_m.jpg

5670165119_ed9ba75b8c_m.jpg

I'm not really satisfied with the sail plan though.

(more pictures on Mocpages.com)

Funny, i just looked this ship in MOCpages and now its already here :pir_laugh2: I say it now at this is a great looking ship for sure! The stern is just cleverly made (Mean the window solution) And the whole thing is just :pir-wub: Is there any interior on this ship? Great work whit this, and as for the sails, you can always try to make your own ones. :pir-wink:

Captain Becker

That's a beatiful ship :pir-wub: I really like the colourscheme. It may be a bit fantasy-like, but it looks excellent.

The entire hull is just good, the shape, the details on the deck and the stern and all.

But as you said the masts could use a little improvement.

If you take this brig as reference for example:

ships_brig.jpg

You can see the mast in the back is considerably taller than the front one.

The front mast contains 3 "normal" yard sails, and the 'back'(main) mast has 2. Between the masts is also a sail (or more than 1).

And you could also make custom sails to make it more realistic, but perhaps you're more like a purist MOC'er.

Good luck!

That's a beatiful ship :pir-wub: I really like the colourscheme. It may be a bit fantasy-like, but it looks excellent.

The entire hull is just good, the shape, the details on the deck and the stern and all.

But as you said the masts could use a little improvement.

If you take this brig as reference for example:

ships_brig.jpg

You can see the mast in the back is considerably taller than the front one.

The front mast contains 3 "normal" yard sails, and the 'back'(main) mast has 2. Between the masts is also a sail (or more than 1).

And you could also make custom sails to make it more realistic, but perhaps you're more like a purist MOC'er.

Good luck!

is that the Interceptor from pirates of the caribbean ?

anyway, I'll try some costum sails but the real problem now is that I'm short on mast parts originally I wanted to make a frigate with three masts.

When I have some more lego (soon) I'll improve the sail plan,

thanks

Funny, i just looked this ship in MOCpages and now its already here :pir_laugh2: I say it now at this is a great looking ship for sure! The stern is just cleverly made (Mean the window solution) And the whole thing is just :pir-wub: Is there any interior on this ship? Great work whit this, and as for the sails, you can always try to make your own ones. :pir-wink:

Captain Becker

there's no interior though it was perfectly possible, should have thought about that, I'll make an new version of this ship sometime

Notice the name of the ship, Admiral; it's Din's Fire, from Zelda :pir-tongue:

I LOVE how you made the Triforce on the back of the ship; the whole stern is lovely!

Also: your headrails are gorgeous!

Edited by Admiral of the Red

The name brought me attention to this as its a Zelda reference and then I noticed you had incorperated a triforce at the stern, nice! The colour scheme really stands out here, as we mainly see yellows, black, and reds. Great shape and interesting window use on the stern. Like has already been said, some custom made rigging and sails would look great on this ship.

Your right it is from Zelda my child video game!

Enough with that the ship is a beauty! I like the look of the back a lot.

But i do not really like the color scheme all the much.'

Amazing job! :thumbup:

Edited by captain crossbricks