Sign in to follow this  
Gregorovich

News Article: The Royal Wedding, LEGO Style

I found this article on the BBC website. It's a simply astounding MOC of Westminster Abbey, complete with brilliant custom minifigures. I really want that Kate minifigure!

It was built by four very talented AFOL's in Manchester. I can't quite describe the magnificence of this, so here's the link.

It's supposed to be on show at the LEGO Show in Manchester this weekend.

I don't know if any of them are members here, but if they are, well done!

Edited by Gregorovich

Thats absolutely amazing, The size is fantastic.

The figures of Kate and will really do look like them default_thumbup.gif

I know. It says they were created specially in Denmark for this, so I think they may be officially created by LEGO. I really wish they released these as a promo or something, because I really want them both!

I would give my right arm (I write with my left, so that's a no go) for those official custom minifigs.

Just saw this earlier today on the BBC website and I couldn't miss blogging it... It's a marvellous diorama and I'm happy to see that a beautiful MOC has been dedicated to this great event.

Well, isn't it pretty - AWESOME customs and what a building.....who cares about the miniland ones this is just the bomb ! :grin:

Oh, what I am I going to do next....gee I royal visit to New Mannum ! :wink: (Hello, sticker creator ! :laugh: )

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Oh, I forgot it say.....doesn't the Prince wished he had that much hair.....sorry it was to easier a target eh ? :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

Funny thing is, while watching the Royal Wedding yesterday, I thought how cool it is to see a LEGO rendition of this momentous event. I knew deep inside some crazy talented builder somewhere out there will be doing this, and my hunch is correct, and this one simply looks as grand and majestic as the actual wedding itself! Very beautiful Westminster Abbey MOC, and the custom figs are very well done too. Thanks for sharing this Gregorovich!

I just can't get away from this can't I, everywhere I turn :wacko:

Sorry, there's no where to hide, the so-called 'Wedding of the Century' will hug the media limelight for the next few days so bear with it. :grin:

Stunning creation, great promotion for AFOL's. Perhaps they should consider replacing William's top with a red one. :laugh: