Sign in to follow this  
Miss Kyle

MOC: Zelda Vignettes

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello folks,

I hope I put this into the correct forum. I bought the POTC Captain's Cabin today because I wanted the sword strap for my Link. I think it suits him, doesn't it? These are my first MOCs since I came out of my Dark Ages. I didn't show the complete ice cave because I am not happy with it yet.

I also have to say sorry for the crappy photography. I don't have either a proper camera (took these pics with my phone) or a white booth... so please ignore it :) Thank you.

Linkicerod2.jpg

"Well well, what have we here?"

Linkicerod3.jpg

"Cool!"

guardambush1.jpg

"You kidnapped the princess! Prepare to die!"

guardambush2.jpg

"Oh no!!!"

guardambush5.jpg

"Ha, you chose the wrong one! Wohoo!"

guardambush4.jpg

And there's even some hidden loot for later ;)

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I think this goes better in Special Themes, so I will move it over there. :classic:

Yeah, I wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks :)

I won't give up, and this time it's really a vignette with 8x8 studs - and three levels!

This is pretty much the beginning of Link to the Past, Link woke up in the middle of the night by the voice of a girl calling for help. He witnesses his uncle leaving the house carrying his sword and shield. Link follows him outside into the rainy night (does anyone have a good idea for building RAIN?) to the guarded castle. To get in, he must find the hidden entrance under a bush.

ganzeansicht.jpg

This is the whole MOC, with a guard standing on top of the castle, Link approaching the bush with the hidden entrance underneath, and his unfortunate uncle sitting in the basement, clasping the sword, the shield tossed aside, wounded, dying.

oberehlfte.jpg

The upper half (can you see the clumsy raindrops?)

guard.jpg

Detail of the guard

Linkbush.jpg

Detail of the middle bit, Link in the green

unterehlfte.jpg

The lower half

keller.jpg

keller1.jpg

The cellar. I added a chest (Zelda isn't Zelda without chests) with a magic potion vial in it. In the game you get a blue gem in a chest in the next room, but I wanted to use the cool Mad Scientist's vial. The uncle is made from the CM weightlifter's head, the garden gnome's torso and the viking's legs.

Here's some reference:

reference1.png

reference2.png

reference3.png

I hope you like it better than the previous ones. Again, apologies for the rubbish photography. I'll be happy about some feedback, help, suggestions, ideas for improvement. Thank you!

I love it! A Link to the Past was the first Zelda game I played. I had the music that plays when you've beaten the game on my wedding...

For coming MOCs, remember that Link is left-handed!

For coming MOCs, remember that Link is left-handed!

Is he? Like me! :D Awesome, thanks for the info!

That's a cute little vig you've made there. The Link minifig is spot on :sweet:.

Is he? Like me! :D Awesome, thanks for the info!

Not in the Wii game(s) he's not :wink:.

Not in the Wii game(s) he's not :wink:.

No, but this vig was from "A Link to the Past", where he was mainly left-handed... :wink:

The page about Link on Wikipedia says:

"Canonically Link is left-handed, although this detail has changed over time, with his sword hand being different between games. The Adventure of Link's instruction booklet describes Link setting off "with a magical sword in his left hand and a magical shield in his right". In A Link to the Past, he alternates hands, but this is due to sprite mirroring. The reason for this is explained in the official Nintendo Player's guide as a Hyrulian superstition that requires the shield to always face Death Mountain (located to the North) to protect oneself from the evil powers originating within the mountain. Starting with Link's Awakening, Link holds his sword in his left hand and his shield in his right, no matter what direction he is facing. In The Minish Cap, however, Link returns to alternately holding his weapon in the right or the left hand, depending on his orientation. At the beginning of the Four Swords Plus (Four Swords Adventures) manga, Link is referred to as the "left-handed hero" after defeating pirates that were raiding a Hylian town. In addition, Link's figurine description in The Wind Waker lists his "manual preference" as left. However, in the animated TV series, Link is right-handed. In the Wii version of Twilight Princess, Link is right-handed, but this was done to better mirror the game's control scheme. In the game's official artwork he is shown holding his sword in his left hand. In the GameCube version, Link remains left-handed, as the game uses a traditional control scheme. Skyward Sword will thus be the first game in the series to feature a definite right-handed Link, with even the concept art reflecting the fact."

And the name Link means Left in german...

No, but this vig was from "A Link to the Past", where he was mainly left-handed... :wink:

The page about Link on Wikipedia says:

[snip]

And the name Link means Left in german...

Ok, ok, I give up, don't shoot me :tongue:.

Ok, ok, I give up, don't shoot me :tongue:.

Don't worry, I'll just stun you with my hookshot! :classic:

You're right about "Links"/"Left", Skafte :D

As soon as I'll get hold of a decent lamp (the only item Link carries in this scene) I'll put it into his left hand.

Hahaha really good memories. :laugh:

You made a good job with Link even if you not say who he is, an idea is conceived. :thumbup:

Nice MOC Miss Kyle. The memories of the Zelda game, I hope you make more Zelda vignettes. And the vignettes are well detailed.

Nice job on the vignettes! LoZ is one of my favorite game series, it is nice to see it being reproduced in Lego!

Hello there!

It's been a while since I posted my first Zelda MOC pics. Since then I had some better pictures taken and built a new MOC of the Ice Cave where Link finds the Ice Rod. Again I have to apologise for poor picture quality - I had to ask my flatmate to take the pics and she's still practising :wink:

ganzansicht1.jpg

ganzansicht2.jpg

I present the Ice Cave!

detailcave2.jpg

detailcave1.jpg

The bottom part with the actual cave. This is the scene in the game:

LttP_img_2-06.PNG

detailrocks1.jpg

And this is the top part with some rocks and another cave entrance. Mind the nasty black bird on top. They tend to wait for Link to walk past them and then dive to attack him.

As you can see I varied it a bit, but I am quite content.

Addendum:

New pics of the Castle Wall scene:

ganzansichtcastle1.jpg

detailoben.jpg

detailmitte.jpg

detailunten.jpg

Thanks for looking at my stuff!

Another nice little Zelda vig, lovely interpretation of the ice cave :thumbup: That pose for Link brought the sound that comes when Link pulls something important out of a chest into my head... Gotta go play some Zelda...

Another nice little Zelda vig, lovely interpretation of the ice cave :thumbup: That pose for Link brought the sound that comes when Link pulls something important out of a chest into my head... Gotta go play some Zelda...

My work here is done! :D Glad it made you want to play the game!

Thanks for the comment.

Hello my 16-bit lovers!

Link has overcome the first three dungeons of Hyrule and finally made it to the forest to draw the legendary Master Sword! Wohoo!

Legend%20of%20Zelda%20The%20%20A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past_Aug23%200_50_18.png

And this is my Lego version of it. The space is a bit narrower, yet bigger than the classic vig - 10 x 12 studs, with triangular exentions for the roots of the trees at the back. The left tree is the one from the MMV, minus the lower part of the trunk. Link carries the fire-resistant red shield (Brickforge). The Master Sword and the lovely dark redmushrooms are from Brickforge, too. Enjoy!

gesamt.jpg

The front

rckseite.jpg

The back

frontdetail.jpg

linkdetail.jpg

Some details.

Oh, and I removed the dragons/gargoyles on the podium for some of the pictures. I still don't know whether or not to leave them there...

Hope you like it!

x Miss Kyle

Edited by Miss Kyle

Great Link vignettes, have you considered using the Elf's head for Link without his hat? Or perhaps it could be used for Zelda, some of her incarnations have blond hair. Are you covering all the games, or just the 2d ones? Either way, these have great details and I am excited to see more of these.