Sign in to follow this  
BrickArtist

Obi-Wan's BARC speeder

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you vote for this MOC?

• Yes
    • No-needs work
    • Maybe

Hello everybody! As my entry to the personal speeders contest, I present to you a BARC speeder that differs from all the other ones I've made. I built it for aesthetics, because it's a contest. I wanted people to like the model, and most people aren't as into accuracy, so I thought this would be the best way to go. I hope you like it, and tell me what could be improved to be worthy of your vote :classic:

barcv8.jpg

I used a SNOT bottom, with angled plates to get that nice smooth look. I also built the front on a Technic pin, while it left that little gap on the top, it allowed for the bit that sticks out at the front to be shown.

How's this Obis? He rode one on Christophisis to penetrate CIS headquarters, only to be ambushed by Asajj-Ventress.

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome as usual. :sweet:

Edited by DobbyClone

Very nice entry, I think it's really a great move to do something that is one of your strengths (BARCs), and even better is you went with aesthetics over accuracy this time - and it does look really good. While 'real' SW vehicles are perfectly acceptable entries, my main concern about this is it may be viewed by the voters as something unoriginal as the other entries which are new and fresh designs. Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking BARC (and one of the better entries so far), but I feel it's a bit safe for a contest entry. But it's up to the voting public on what they think, and you still have two other categories which you could enter something original. BTW, since it's a "Character" Rides Contest, you should put your Obi-Wan character there for technicality's sake. Anyway, great job on this entry and best of luck! :thumbup:

Very nice entry. This looks more accurate than most BARC's out there, and that wasn't even your goal. Very impressive work, but I think it would help your entry if you added Obi, even if he was just besides the speeder. Good luck!

Great job :thumbup:

looks nice, does it fit minifigs? i'd like to see obi riding this.

Yes. The 1x2 tile is replaced with a jumper. The minifig torso is clipped with a 1x2 plate(desired belt color)to attach it. Then the legs are put on the 1x1 grey clips :classic:

Very nice entry, I think it's really a great move to do something that is one of your strengths (BARCs), and even better is you went with aesthetics over accuracy this time - and it does look really good. While 'real' SW vehicles are perfectly acceptable entries, my main concern about this is it may be viewed by the voters as something unoriginal as the other entries which are new and fresh designs. Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking BARC (and one of the better entries so far), but I feel it's a bit safe for a contest entry. But it's up to the voting public on what they think, and you still have two other categories which you could enter something original. BTW, since it's a "Character" Rides Contest, you should put your Obi-Wan character there for technicality's sake. Anyway, great job on this entry and best of luck! :thumbup:

Thanks KDM! That was one of my concerns, originality, what would all you guys like to see? Any personal opinions? It's not too late to change...

You my friend, have a talent when it comes to BARCs, and this one is no different! Well done.

~Bayonet

Thanks, practice makes perfect!

Very nice entry. This looks more accurate than most BARC's out there, and that wasn't even your goal. Very impressive work, but I think it would help your entry if you added Obi, even if he was just besides the speeder. Good luck!

Great job :thumbup:

I'll try and get one up :sweet:

Thanks KDM! That was one of my concerns, originality, what would all you guys like to see? Any personal opinions? It's not too late to change...

I think that's the 'mystery' of this contest, people will have varying opinion on what's a good entry or not, whether it's an original concept or a version of a real vehicle. Personally, I would prefer a newly-designed vehicle, but your BARC is already a great-looking model as it is that it's a shame you'd have to modify or scrap it just for an original one. I would suggest that you keep this one for the speeder category, and make something original for the other categories. At least, you'll cover up both the 'original entry' and 'realistic rendition' schools of thought.

Very nice entry brickartist/dobbyclone ! I actually like it better than your standard one , as that was too detailed for my taste ! I wish you good luck and hope that the entry is accepted !

You're BARC-ing mad DobbyClone :grin: - Sorry :sceptic: .

I've just had a sneaky look at your version 6 BARC (was that the last one? - I hadn't seen it before).

As with most vehicles of the PT/ CW I have to start by saying I'm not overly familiar with them so in no way could I get embroiled in the whole 'accuracy' thing. I will say that I think this new one looks better than version 6, much smoother and a tad more colourful. :thumbup:

I would like to see more images from different angles though - in particular a front-on view.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I should have know you made a BARC-speeder, it looks good.

Good luck in the contest.

I think you have made all possible BARC-speeders, except a mini version

Edited by Blackknight112

Excellent speeder 'DobbyClone', I really like the controls....they look more genuine than the Lego designed ones. Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

I love to like the way the throttles look.

Personally as far as things to make it better, i would like to see more veiws, including the bottom and your SNOT.

Great entry and good luck.

I think that's the 'mystery' of this contest, people will have varying opinion on what's a good entry or not, whether it's an original concept or a version of a real vehicle. Personally, I would prefer a newly-designed vehicle, but your BARC is already a great-looking model as it is that it's a shame you'd have to modify or scrap it just for an original one. I would suggest that you keep this one for the speeder category, and make something original for the other categories. At least, you'll cover up both the 'original entry' and 'realistic rendition' schools of thought.

That's what I'll try and do, I'm terrible at fanon, but we'll see :laugh:

Very nice entry brickartist/dobbyclone ! I actually like it better than your standard one , as that was too detailed for my taste ! I wish you good luck and hope that the entry is accepted !

Thanks! Having made 8(?) BARCs, I figured there'd be something for everyone by now.

You're BARC-ing mad DobbyClone :grin: - Sorry :sceptic: .

I've just had a sneaky look at your version 6 BARC (was that the last one? - I hadn't seen it before).

As with most vehicles of the PT/ CW I have to start by saying I'm not overly familiar with them so in no way could I get embroiled in the whole 'accuracy' thing. I will say that I think this new one looks better than version 6, much smoother and a tad more colourful. :thumbup:

I would like to see more images from different angles though - in particular a front-on view.

Thanks yed! The V6 was an EB post. I'll take more pics when I can.

I should have know you made a BARC-speeder, it looks good.

Good luck in the contest.

I think you have made all possible BARC-speeders, except a mini version

Ah, next time :tongue:

Very nice looking. too bad mini figs dont fit on it.

Excellent speeder 'DobbyClone', I really like the controls....they look more genuine than the Lego designed ones. Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Thanks. The controls are the element that have remained in each version, needless to say, I like them too :sweet:

I love to like the way the throttles look.

Personally as far as things to make it better, i would like to see more veiws, including the bottom and your SNOT.

Great entry and good luck.

Thanks, I'll try to take more pics.

Very nice looking. too bad mini figs dont fit on it.

It can, I just have stick a jumper on the seat. barc_v5-main.jpg_thumb.jpg

A jumper? the pic is a little too small. Can I see it bigger with a figure on it?

A jumper is a 1x2 tile, with 1 stud in the middle. Link(Big Pic). The middle of the black 1x2 on the figs torso interlocks at a 90 degree angle to attach the fig. Then the legs are taken off of the figs hips to be put on the pedals :classic:

I'll try and take more pics of this when I can. My next entry will be up soon :sweet: