Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

Caribbean Fortress

It's finally finished! It took me about a year to finish, so I'm glad it's done. :pir-laugh:

-----------

The redcoats have finally built up enough funds to build the ultimate caribbean fortress. As another beautiful day on the island passes by, the soldiers play cards, push each other into the water, and build sandcastles. Hopefully for them there aren't any pirates in the area!

5661083747_bff37b023a_b.jpg

5661651870_24991a085a_b.jpg

5661653268_fb3d1aaf33_b.jpg

5661653696_824028027f_b.jpg

5661086395_70bc0b7c89_b.jpg

5661654626_1d174ecf4e_b.jpg

5661087653_5d433d7ce1_b.jpg

5661088285_00de5eb5b5_b.jpg

5661088841_25e4683b1b_b.jpg

5661657510_fcacfb973f_b.jpg

5661658628_2caba43763_b.jpg

5661089145_ec68625219_b.jpg

5661091165_927d4548de_b.jpg

5661093881_9ea549e071_b.jpg

5661660882_fee00130cf_b.jpg

5661091981_ca2be4604a_b.jpg

5661659898_34d73db170_b.jpg

5661660282_ae31796cfb_b.jpg

5661094129_66ffd38475_b.jpg

Our Admiral. Zorro gave me this bluecoat a while back, so I thought I would use it to honor him.

5661094309_a0d127a621_b.jpg

5661094559_4afbd8ef50_b.jpg

Many more pictures on my Flickr page.

Thanks! :pir-classic:

Brilliant fortress, Erdbeeris! There's a lot to love about his, from the fantastic interior details to the genius technique used for the water. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

:pir-oh: So huge... so detailed! I adore that fortress, the wall is amazing and the uniform and armoury rooms are something I've always wanted to do :pir-wub: . I admire the inventive technique of those islander hair pieces for that lantern. A truly wondefull fort, far beyond anything I would hope to acheive, you even used cheese slopes in the sea! :pir-classic: (I would just use blue plates :pir-blush: ) Edited by Scorpiox

This is an epic piece of work. The textures all over (the water, the landing pier, the tree) are excellent. The co-ordination of the brick work of the fort is really excellent, particularly the back shot, and I really like the rounded walls too.

Very Nice! I remember seeing the first wip shots of this ages ago. You deffinitly exceeded all expectations. The sea is nicely done and a refreshing change from the usuall tiled look. The fort itself has a lovely shape and colourscheme. So many nice details all round. Great work!

That is huge! Well done to keep so much detail in this impressive size! I really like the water...it is a very refreshing technique. And the fortress is also very nice with the different colors! I think I'll blog this. :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

That is huge! Well done to keep so much detail in this impressive size! I really like the water...it is a very refreshing technique. And the fortress is also very nice with the different colors! I think I'll blog this. :pir-classic:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I think the other blog-pirates will envy you for doin' this.

Good Lord, this is one of the most epic MOCs in the classic pirates section I've seen so far. You don't need the minifigs to get into imagining a story, it pops right outta your head... Indian colony, jungle behind, gouvernor that is dreamin' of hunting elephants all the time...

This is outstanding!!! I love every single part of it. The curved walls look amazing. The subtle interior touches are great too, especially the uniform room and the weapons room.

Well done sir!!! :pir-classic::monkey::pir-wub:

Most incredible! Don't think there's anything else that can be said. The architecture style is perfect, landscaping is believable, and the touches of everyday life for the soldiers is the icing on the cake.

"Look at the size of that thing!"

That looks wicked, Erdbeeries! I honestly can't even identify what my favorite aspect of it is, the entire moc is outstanding. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

Pretty Darn sweet fortres indeed! :pir-oh: I like the decorations on the wall and the outer scene you made.

Specially one Redcoat making Sand castle made me smile. I only dont like at there is only two cannons and i thik at even it is very beatifully decorated, its too much for a fortress. And the fact at you wanted to honour Our Admiral Zorro by putting him into Bluecoats coat is very nicely done. Great MOC, great fortress and darn good job whit this.

Captain Becker

Just outstanding.

I love the many details and how you did the walls, especially the round ones. :thumbup:

Really, really nice, are you going to show it at some event as well?

I think the other blog-pirates will envy you for doin' this.

Sure thing!

Where to start...This MOC has the typical clever use of techniques as we're used to in your MOC's.

I like the water technique, although I also wonder how it would look without the trans-clear pieces.

The fort looks quite modern or fantasy like, but that doesn't make the fort itself look any worse.

The use of legs for building purposes looks great, and I also like the use of the cape. That was new to me.

Some other nice features are the weapon and uniforms room, and the modularity of course.

My only question is why that man is standing in a crate? (or is there no reason for it?)

It's a piece of art. The Redcoats can be proud of this :thumbup:

Absolutely fantastic!!!

congratulations! the way you built the sea is amazing!

Wow this really is a great moc. The fortress, the trees, the size, everything is perfect. I especially love the way you made the water. It really looks realistic!

Keep up the good work.

Awesome! There is so much NPU in this, like the red cape over the window and the islander headgear as a lantern.

This is simply epic. The colors look brilliant together and the smoothness is what draws me to it. Even though the water is not tile smooth, it's still studless smooth, and the deck, and then the wall to the building is curved yet smooth.

I am a sucker for tiles and smooooothness. This is just truly amazing, I hope you plan on keeping this around for a while.

Incredible! All the detail is amazing! I love the whole thing - it has this brilliant Legoey feel too it, pure fun. The islander hairpiece as the lantern is great, and the dark tan sandcastle is a lovely touch.

I’m not sure how to start this, without the danger of sounding wrong. First of all, it’s really a great MOC in total, with a lot of thinks I really like and one think which I didn’t. So personally, I’m with the Admiral at the point of saying that the Fort is quite fantasylike in the colorsheme. For my personal taste, it would have been better with less red and gold and still the tons of lovely details, like the legs and all the smoth SNOT technics on the fortwalls.

Starting from the overall shape, nothing square, a dynamic form, really nice work!! But from the water to the Fort it get’s “worse”, “worse” but still really really awesome…

I really like the ideas behind the water. :pir-wub: I have never seen that much blue roof tops before, quite an interesting choice, better than SNOT water, from my point of view. The dock area, with the small huts is quite nice too! Lovely little details in them, nice roofs, too. And the “customs gate” brings a smile to my face. “How much rum do you like to bring with you?” :pir_laugh2:

The use of the green “casting frames“ in the palms is really a nice idea, too!

The soldier playing in the sand!!! NICE… the redcoats must be quite desperate if they draft children :pir-devil:

The Fort:

+ great design

+ tons of decorations

+ lot of lovely details in the rooms, except the mess.

The mess could have had some more furniture or other details beside the tables and chairs, but since it will be mostly covered when you present it, it’s a small thing…

The Islander-hairpiece-lamp is a nice design! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But as I said before, for my taste there is too much red. I guess I would have liked a red “old school” roof, some gold ornaments and the rest in white and tan (With all the colored SNOT details as well)… but not red at all, but that’s only my personal taste. So it’s too colourful for my eye and that’s the only little “but”. I really appreciate the tons of work you have put into it!!! Everyone can see that!

So I would give you 4,75 of 5 stars. GREAT WORK, You can see the dedication and effort you put into this project(and money :pir-grin: )… Fantastic work, I’m not sure If I could have had the nerve and the will to create something like that great MOC (in form and size, as well as in design) over such a long periode.

NICE WORK!

first of all... WOW! :pir-oh:

that's says everything ... :thumbup:

Our Admiral. Zorro gave me this bluecoat a while back, so I thought I would use it to honor him.

5661094309_a0d127a621_b.jpg

great way to honor him