lightningtiger

MOC - New Mannum Ford

Thanks 'Tan Tile' and 'DJ Force' for your comments.

First, 'DJ Force' please do forward the file to me either it will go in the lot or the gug with glasses will be the owner.

Second, 'Tan Tile' pixelated prints can not be helped, the customs are templates from the EB customs area and MS paint the designs in as you can see.

Anyway, some service gear goes in tomorrow.....so keep on watching ! :wink:

0000_ford_dealer_73.jpg

This guy must have had a few tinnies last night. He obviously wasn't looking in the mirror when he applied his lipstick this morning. :sadnew:

Apart from that- you're making fantastic progress LT :thumbup:

This guy must have had a few tinnies last night. He obviously wasn't looking in the mirror when he applied his lipstick this morning. :sadnew:

Apart from that- you're making fantastic progress LT :thumbup:

Oh, that's funny.....that's his beard not lippy.....he doesn't go to Kings Cross ! :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the comments 'Legoless'.....oh, I have just designed an oil drain pan and tension wrench on LDD, but I'm having a little trouble designing an engine crane....small enough but also realistic enough too ! :wink:

Keep on watching because updates in a few hours after I've replaced a customers TV antenna.

Brick On ! :grin:

Well it has been a while for this one eh ? :grin:

I have decided to redesign this so the showroom will sit along side the IGA grocery store....I know that is where the pub is mean't to but dollars and cents are running low so changes must be made. :blush:

Tomorrow, while still work on the Shell, I'll start on the Ford dealer too ! :classic:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

I'm going to fuse my present design of NMF with some other real life Ford dealers in the country.

bs4.jpg

BostonFordDealership1.jpg

The showroom will be more of a shop front still with it's slanted windows and mainly white features plus the same old school Ford dealer signage.....the A-1 used cars sign...might go to a seperate lot possibly next to the tyre store.

Suggestions and ideas please .....welcome as always ! :sweet:

Keep on watching ! :grin:

That dealership is amazing! Great detail. You just need a Falcon GT on the showroom floor. :tongue:

2011-Ford-Falcon-GT.jpg

Edited by bootz

That dealership is amazing! Great detail. You just need a Falcon GT on the showroom floor. :tongue:

2011-Ford-Falcon-GT.jpg

'bootz' you lay down a challenge eh ? Okay, I'll look into a Falcon and not a ute ! :grin:

And if you think you have seen the best of this yet......wait for in three days....pedal to the metal.....so to speak....keep on watching (suggestions still welcome too :classic: ) :grin:

'bootz' you lay down a challenge eh ? Okay, I'll look into a Falcon and not a ute ! :grin:

And if you think you have seen the best of this yet......wait for in three days....pedal to the metal.....so to speak....keep on watching (suggestions still welcome too :classic: ) :grin:

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing how you'd do a Fiesta, but I noticed you said cars aren't your string suit. being a Ford guy though I'll definitely be following this. :grin:

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing how you'd do a Fiesta, but I noticed you said cars aren't your string suit. being a Ford guy though I'll definitely be following this. :grin:

A 'Fiesta' eh, it would have to be 5 wide, up to 6 wide on particular parts of the body work to try and get the shape. I found the Ranger easy to do, a standard car with it's modern curves a little tough in Lego to do - I'll keep trying !

Keep on watching ! :grin:

you've done a very good job but i think you should work on it an put cars in it

you've done a very good job but i think you should work on it an put cars in it

Thank you 'nic' for your feedback, the showroom will only have room for one car....like many small dealers in my home state.....actually found one with just a Ranger in it's the front window.

Keep on waiting, watching and commenting ! :grin:

post-7997-131210481559.jpg

post-7997-131210484629.jpg

Hard to find any images of small car dealers in South Australia.

These among others will be the inspiration for the re-positioning - keep on watching.....tomorrow is the day ! :grin:

The rebuild has started.....

0000_1_rebuilt_ford_97.jpg0000_1_rebuilt_ford_98.jpg0000_1_rebuilt_ford_99.jpg

The interior floor is next, and hopefully I might knock out a small hatchback - but I like things almost perfect looking ! :wink:

Comments, suggestions, etc., welcome still as always.....keep on watching ! :grin:

You inspired me to rebuild my town starting with a car dealership. Pics to come, I'm not done yet. Unfortunately, I'm missing the track pieces for the garage door and I refuse to take pictures of it without them. I'm also trying to figure out how to make a working car lift. Right now I have ramps the car can drive up on and a mechanic can slid underneath to change oil, etc.. I hope you don't mind if I borrow ideas from your lift.

Thanks for the comments 'bootz' :sweet: and go right ahead - copy the hoist if you like......ask questions too if you require.....the floor is 40% completed. Tomorrow hopefully I set the town up with this sitting next to the grocery store.

Keep those comments comming and keep on watching ! :grin:

Oh, a new mechanic will be joining the dealership sometime NEXT year......

CarMechanic.png

“Aaaaeeeyyy!”

Edited by lightningtiger

I ended up using the forklift piece for the lift instead, much simpler and more space efficient.

I'll be done as soon as I can find the other pieces for the garage door track. You would happen to have any for sale, would you? Or do you at least know the proper name for the piece so I could find it on ebay?

I ended up using the forklift piece for the lift instead, much simpler and more space efficient.

I'll be done as soon as I can find the other pieces for the garage door track. You would happen to have any for sale, would you? Or do you at least know the proper name for the piece so I could find it on ebay?

Your solution for the hoist is very Lego-ish, just like them using a seat/chair piece and a mod plate with handles and a hinge - hey pesto a vehicle jack that works.

That brick is a 2x1 modified brick with groove - mainly available in red and white.

Bricklink

My flooring will be finished in the next 12 hours.....I look forward 'bootz' to seeing your MOC......keep on watching everyone ! :grin:

Your solution for the hoist is very Lego-ish, just like them using a seat/chair piece and a mod plate with handles and a hinge - hey pesto a vehicle jack that works.

That brick is a 2x1 modified brick with groove - mainly available in red and white.

Bricklink

My flooring will be finished in the next 12 hours.....I look forward 'bootz' to seeing your MOC......keep on watching everyone ! :grin:

I was just surprised that it could handle the weight of a car and still remain in the top position. I have the real legit vehicle jack somewhere as well, but my brother stole it from me and I haven't found it yet. He may have taken the grooved bricks too. If I can't find them ill have to order some I guess. Such a shame, I only need 5 white and one blue.

I was just surprised that it could handle the weight of a car and still remain in the top position. I have the real legit vehicle jack somewhere as well, but my brother stole it from me and I haven't found it yet. He may have taken the grooved bricks too. If I can't find them ill have to order some I guess. Such a shame, I only need 5 white and one blue.

Oh, I have at least one of those blue jacks......note to self - find it & add to blue tyre store. :wink:

Back online again, wife being a huge pain....wished I lived in Reno ! :laugh:

Keep watching today for those fresh images. :wink:

Sadly the flooring isn't finished yet :cry_sad: ......well the workshop area is done....only the reception/showroom floor needs to be completed.

Keep on watching ! :blush:

Now it being a while for this MOC, now a question for everyone to answer....my rebuild should it stay a corner showroom or straight along the street front - with the workshop along side the showroom ?

I'll be working on the rebuild either Monday or Tuesday.

Comment On everyone ! :wink:

Now it being a while for this MOC, now a question for everyone to answer....my rebuild should it stay a corner showroom or straight along the street front - with the workshop along side the showroom ?

I'll be working on the rebuild either Monday or Tuesday.

Comment On everyone ! :wink:

The first one I did was like your second option. I liked the way it looked but I like my new one more. Which way are you leaning?

The first one I did was like your second option. I liked the way it looked but I like my new one more. Which way are you leaning?

Thanks 'bootz' for your reply, yeah...well I'm thinking straight along the Main Street...no yard, just a wide showroom with the Ranger on display and parts counter behind it..then to one side (it's left) will be the workshop/service bay entrance (tyre place will go next to that). :wink:

What does everyone think ? :classic:

I used one baseplate for the showroom and one for the shop, divided by the service/parts counter.

I haven't measured out the new design yet, but it's still going next to the IGA store....you may have noticed a T-junction along Main Street that's for the service bay and tyre fitting bay.

Now to get the camera fixed so I can update stuff (plus my first medieval MOC) ! :blush:

Comments and suggestions - feel free still to speak you mind ! :wink: