Sign in to follow this  
Demolisher 2

Gray and Bley

I built my 10030 UCS ISD yesterday

*sweet* *y* :'-) :-) :-D :-P X-D , and it took me 13 hours. Now, everything was bley except for the binocular pieces that comprise the barrels of the cruiser's guns. They were in the 'old' grey colour. Has anyone else found this kind of bley-grey mixing on any of their sets? BTW I think bley is better looking on the ISD than grey. It looks cleaner. Old grey's fine on the battlescarred and yellowing rebel ships.

I built my 10030 UCS ISD yesterday

*sweet* *y* :'-) :-) :-D :-P X-D , and it took me 13 hours. Now, everything was bley except for the binocular pieces that comprise the barrels of the cruiser's guns. They were in the 'old' grey colour. Has anyone else found this kind of bley-grey mixing on any of their sets? BTW I think bley is better looking on the ISD than grey. It looks cleaner. Old grey's fine on the battlescarred and yellowing rebel ships.

lego announced a while back that sets will have mixed colours because they're running out of old gray

[zombie-thread]

Well, I bought the UCS AT-ST last Friday, and amongst all the new gray goodness, there was one old grey part - and not a small one: a 4x12 plate!

There's more than one of these in the set, but only one is affected.

Is this bad quality control?

[/zombie-thread]

well, in my UCS Y-Wing, everything was bley ecxept for all the 1x2 grid tiles which were in old grey... But I don't really mind, sice it's supposed to be a battered ship full of different mod made by the alliance, so it adds a bit of "trueness" to the colors of the greeble... X-D

but there are other color changes that do annoy me, on the other hand... Like in the CTT, they changed all the 1x2 translucent blue grids with sand blue ones... which is rather useless, considering that in most cases, thoses grids were supposed to represent the light from the engines (on the bark speeder, for instance...)