Sign in to follow this  
CorneliusMurdock

D2C Contest: PQ Museum Raid

5655773921_c05706c0ed.jpg

This Exclusive can be the setting of a deadly confrontation with mummies or just a welcome addition to a Modular layout.

Amset-Ra Wants to resurrect his former bride to once again share his throne. But to do this he needs the Life Relic. Unfortunately for him, it is on display in Brickish Museum of History. He sends two of his flying mummies to retrieve the Relic. Jake and Helena set out to stop them by any means necessary. Includes 2 Flying Mummies, Jake Raines, Helena Tova Skvalling, Curator, Security Guard, and two display Mannequins.

5656346954_88020e5848.jpg

5659661907_c3998e3dae_z.jpg

Ground floor complete with Gift Shop and Security Desk

5659661539_4fc911afc2_z.jpg

Upper Floor with Egyptian Display. Relic of life is the chest with what I hope looks like an Ankh symbol.

5660232148_60019225f0_z.jpg

Another view of the upper floor.

5656352634_353ec10830_z.jpg

The civilians make a run for it.

The Flickr Set

Edit: Found time and pieces to tile floors.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I love the concept and backstory, and this MOC pulls it off perfectly. Personally I think I might've liked the interior floors to be tiled over, but that's my only gripe. Great work, CorneliusMurdock!

I'm loving the conservatively beautiful external design of this museum, so clean-looking and elegant. The interiors are well done too, though I'd echo Brickdoctor's sentiment that a tiled floor would've look much better. Still, this is a great entry and wishing you all the best in the voting! :thumbup:

My concern about tiling the floor was that tiling it would be too much for an official set. I'm not sure if I have enough of the right tiles to do it but if I have time before the deadline, I might try just to see how it looks.

My concern about tiling the floor was that tiling it would be too much for an official set. I'm not sure if I have enough of the right tiles to do it but if I have time before the deadline, I might try just to see how it looks.

I agree that it should be kept without tiles. It would probably look much better with tiles, but as you pointed out most official sets don't have tiled interiors. The interior is designed very nicely even without tiles, but I especially like the work on the front of the building. That window in the center is great!

Beautiful... Absolutely beautiful. And very nice use of the stained glass window piece and nice exhibits as well. on the whole, a very nice MOC.

Keep on Brickin'

~Bayonet

I've updated the first post with new pics. I tiled the floors. Since it looks awesome tiled (and was a pain in the butt to do, messing up at certain points and having to start over by pulling up tiles with the stinkin' tiny wrench) I've decided to make the change official. Those that want to see the original untiled-ness still can but in my Flickr stream.

It looks much much better now IMO, and I certainly don't think it's too much of an addition, it's actually quite subtle with significant improvements in overall aesthetics. And in a contest with ultra-competitive entries, it's a strategic move to keep up with the rest of the equally-great entries.

Looks great, Cornelius Murdoch! The tiled floors do look good, and I like the Greek columns on the front. I like the second floor a lot, but infeel the first floor is a little bare. Perhaps some more things in the gift shop and some more relics would make it a bit more interesting.

Well done, and good luck!

Looks great, Cornelius Murdoch! The tiled floors do look good, and I like the Greek columns on the front. I like the second floor a lot, but infeel the first floor is a little bare. Perhaps some more things in the gift shop and some more relics would make it a bit more interesting.

Well done, and good luck!

Thanks, Gregorovich. I was tempted to put more things on the first floor but it seemed whatever I came up with made it too cluttered. I wanted to leave space for a small crowd of people viewing the exhibits. Maybe before I break it down, I'll take a few pics of some kids kids in there on a field trip.