How do you rate this set?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

@Zeya: one of my hats has the same misprinting. The other is perfectly fine.

@JimButcher: both torso printings. My Kingdoms soldiers sometimes also had the problem, but I actually was not expecting it to happen here.

Obviously, I will just talk to the Lego costumer service and ask for replacements, which will most likely be no problem at all.

Edited by KristofBD

I actually haven't noticed any misprint hat's for my redcoats, anyway another great build this one was....with the coal cart up there with my favorite parts of POTC. Oh, I want to see this movie now ! :pir_laugh2:

Keep on sailing and drink that rum ! :pir_laugh2:

Just bought this set today (my first potc set) and cannot wait to build it!

Im thinking about buying the QAR as well because target have got it for 150AUD which is still might expensive but i'd hate to miss out and have to buy it for RRP which is 200AUD.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought this on sale at Fred Meyer (western US) and found that the gold coins and gold bar are now the metallic chrome that everyone was complaining about. Nice set.

This is a very good review, atleast very useful for a builder like me, the presence of rare colored parts is an important factor when I decide to buy a set.

5647197322_4962a0ac3f_z.jpg

Moving on, Bag 2 only contains one interesting piece that hasn't been mentioned before. Shown above, there's one of those "wall" pieces as I like to call them, except this is what I think is a new mold. The new version of this piece has ridges on the inside, for whatever reason.

Well, the old (current?) wall pieces don't have support on the sides. I notice when I stack several of those pieces (I do that for storage), that they tend to bend backwards in a curve, if you know what I mean. I think kids probably have a tendency to break the old ones since there's so little support. So I guess Lego is perhaps re-doing those molds to make them stronger.

I agree, it's probably to make them stronger, I have a lot of the old ones, neither of them is broken but some of them are deformed, so much they are not usable anylonger. they also tend to warp a little bit on themselves. Yet I think the ridges reduce the range of applications for this part. :pir-sceptic:

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought this on sale at Fred Meyer (western US) and found that the gold coins and gold bar are now the metallic chrome that everyone was complaining about. Nice set.

Back in the day when we all started buying these, we were told that LEGO was going to make this switch. It's good to know they held up their part of the deal. :pir-classic:

I picked it up on clearance, and it was definitely worth it. The whole set drops right into the port I'm working on, and I actually really like that carriage.

Sorry for the double post. My computer glitched a bit there.

Edited by Huntleyfx