Sign in to follow this  
Gregorovich

Review: 2172 Nya

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I know that this isn't a very big or interesting set, but seeing as this is my first review I decided to do something small and simple. The photos are pretty poor, but hopefully you can still see the things in them clearly enough.

Set Number: 2172

Set Name: Nya

Pieces: 12

Minifigures: 1

Price: UK £7.49, US $9.99

Year of Release: 2011

Box

lego12.jpg

I've already binned the packaging, so here's he official image. I think it's a nice and eye-catching design.

lego1.jpg

All the contents of the box. 1 bag of parts (I've sorted them out), 1 information leaflet, 5 cards and 1 spinner.

Parts

lego6.jpg

There's quite a nice selection of parts. The pearl gold blades are made of a softer plastic, and are exclusive to this set.

lego4.jpg

The more interesting parts are used for the weapons. There's two golden daggers and a brown staff.

lego5.jpg

It also comes with a few bricks. The red tile and one of the 2x1 bricks make a stand for the cards. I'm not sure what the other parts are for, but I'm sure they'll come in handy.

Minifigures

lego2.jpg

Seeing as it's such a small set, it comes with just one minifig. It's a very nice minifigure, though. She has only appeared in one other set (Garmadon's Dark Fortress). I really like her sceptical facial expression, and her outfit is nice, too.

lego3.jpg

She even comes with a dual-sided head. This one has a veil, which will be good for Arabian Dancers and ancient Asian princesses.

Spinner

lego10.jpg

The main part of the set (but not the thing I'm interested in). I'd post a video demonstrating it, but I don't know how to make it spin :blush: .

Add-on's

lego11.jpg

The cards are something that some people are interested in collecting, but I don't really care for them. I've kept them in their sealed plastic bag so that I can trade them. There is 5 cards, and the Nya character card is shown here.

lego8.jpg

There's also a leaflet with information on how to play the Spinnitzu game, and some pictures of the figure.

Ratings

Build - 1/10. There wasn't really any build.

Parts - 8/10. For a set this small, there's a lot of great parts. The female minifig parts,the golden blades and the black lightsabre hilts are all fantastic. However, I'd have liked it if the bricks were in rarer colours than red and black.

Minifigures - 9/10. I love the minifigure a lot. Her hair, face and torso are all great. I took 1 Mark off though, because I want Oriental styled clothing in a colour other than red.

Playability - 7/10. Although I myself don't know how to work the spinners, I'm guessing that they are quite fun. Some sort of actual build would make it a lot more fun, though.

Overall - 3/5. It's a great set for it's size, target audience and price, but it's not exactly for AFOL's. I got it mainly for the great figure and parts.

I hope that you found this review useful, and that I did everything right. Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Peppermint_M

Thanks for the mini review 'Gregorovich' of an interesting character because what power does she have ? :wink:

Looking hot ? :devil:

Those extra parts, i.e. 1x1 clip plate and spare 1x2 brick....a poorly designed weapon rack ? :wacko:

I'll be adding this one to the collection, actually I'll buy it for my wife and she can join me and the lad in some battling.....might be the only way I can top her in something ! :laugh:

Keep on spinning everyone ! :grin:

Thanks for the mini review 'Gregorovich' of an interesting character because what power does she have ? :wink:

Looking hot ? :devil:

Those extra parts, i.e. 1x1 clip plate and spare 1x2 brick....a poorly designed weapon rack ? :wacko:

I'll be adding this one to the collection, actually I'll buy it for my wife and she can join me and the lad in some battling.....might be the only way I can top her in something ! :laugh:

Keep on spinning everyone ! :grin:

:laugh: I never actually realised she has no powers. I'm guessing she has fire though, because her spinner has flames on it. Thanks for this rather funny comment, though.

Those extra pieces are for the game. Some of the new cards call for those pieces to be built on to the spinner.

Would it be possible to see the cards that Nya comes with?

I see someone has gotten around to review this. I've already picked one up for myself and I must admit that I'm quite happy with her. Nice work on the review too. :thumbup:

Those extra pieces are for the game. Some of the new cards call for those pieces to be built on to the spinner.

Would it be possible to see the cards that Nya comes with?

I was keeping them sealed so that I could trade them for actual LEGO, but if you want I'll post pictures of them later today.

I see someone has gotten around to review this. I've already picked one up for myself and I must admit that I'm quite happy with her. Nice work on the review too. :thumbup:

Thanks. I agree, I really like this little set. It's a nice little parts pack.

Thanks for this review Gregorovich! It seems like an interesting figure and this is a 'cheap' way of picking her up.

I was wondering whether you have some larger pictures? The ones I see are a wee bit too small to figure out all the details. (or is this just my computer fooling me?)

Thanks for this review Gregorovich! It seems like an interesting figure and this is a 'cheap' way of picking her up.

I was wondering whether you have some larger pictures? The ones I see are a wee bit too small to figure out all the details. (or is this just my computer fooling me?)

Sorry, but the pictures I've taken are quite small. I don't have a proper camera, so my photos are quite small and poor quality. I don't have any larger images, and if I made them bigger they'd probably just get really pixelated. Sorry again for the poor photos.

Thanks for posting that image, SilentMode! Your photos are much clearer than mine, so I'm sure whoever's interested in the cards will be happier that you photographed them instead of me :grin: .

I'd like to snag this figure, but $10 is way too expensive...

Steve

I'd like to snag this figure, but $10 is way too expensive...

Steve

I actually got it for £5, so I'm happy with the price I paid for it. But I agree, $10 is a bit much for a figure, a spinner, some weapons and some common parts.

Thanks for posting the cards. Wish they were a little bigger so I could read the descriptions. default_laugh2.gif

I have an extra Zane DX if you want to swap for the cards unless you're looking for something else.

Thanks for posting the cards. Wish they were a little bigger so I could read the descriptions. default_laugh2.gif

I have an extra Zane DX if you want to swap for the cards unless you're looking for something else.

Do you mean me or SilentMode? I don't trade outside the UK, anyway. Sorry, but thanks for the offer (if it was for me).

Do you mean me or SilentMode? I don't trade outside the UK, anyway. Sorry, but thanks for the offer (if it was for me).

It was meant for me :classic:

Thanks for the mini review 'Gregorovich' of an interesting character because what power does she have ? Looking hot ?

According to the official blurb, she has "special psychic powers". The Universal Cynic's Translator says that means "the special ability to get kidnapped by bad-guys, and the ability to not actually be a ninja like all the boys." Just like the sole female in Atlantis owned one of the subs but was not actually an Atlantis team member.

Nice little figure, but I gotta ask:

In the official catalog there are the new handles instead of the lightsaber hilts.....

Is that a missprint in the catalog or a packaging error? :sceptic:

Here: Prove

Edited by zero1312

Mine came with the old lightsaber hilts, despite having new ones printed on the packaging.

Mine came with the old lightsabre hilts. Seeing as everyone's came with the old ones, I think it was a packaging mistake.

Oh and by the way, the quality is not too much different to boxed sets, BELIEVE ME!!!!!! :angry:

(the clip on one arm from Samukai snapped upon holding a weapon :angry: )

I'm totally in love with Nya minifigure! She looks even better than on the boxart. Her double-sided face is very pretty and I like the chinese dress printing on her legs and torso.

I'm not sure what the daggers are meant to be - lego.com says they are sai, but they look more like ridiculously oversized kunai. If they had put the new hilts instead of the old ones, the daggers would have been 100% oversized kunai.