Solitary Dark

Seaside Town

5643082519_0ef29fa8f6.jpg

Seaside WIP by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

For a while now I've been building sections that have now combined to form a seaside town - it's not finished - there's quite a bit to do - but today was the first day I've had all 7 baseplates together.

Here's a close up of one of the buildings:

5643347530_5b727ef6d4.jpg

Diner Building by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

It's all open back so my kids will be able to play with it and I plan to add a Fish'n'chip shop, art gallery, arcade, Karate Dojo,2nd house and a coast guard station. More than anything it will be a home for my rapidly expanding collection of minifigures!

Hello mookage!

Great start to your seaside town! I love all the raised levels, steps and fishing pier - the sea looks good also! keep us updated on your progress! :classic:

Looking good 'mookage', is that red and yellow building a fish'n'chip shop and I notice a building you have started.....maybe you could make that into a fishing tackle store or ship chandler ?

Keep on going and Brick On 'mookage' ! :grin:

Looking good 'mookage', is that red and yellow building a fish'n'chip shop and I notice a building you have started.....maybe you could make that into a fishing tackle store or ship chandler ?

Keep on going and Brick On 'mookage' ! :grin:

The red and yellow building is a Diner - the 'started' building will be an arcade on the ground floor and a Karate Dojo upstairs. Then the last building in the parade will be an Art gallery upstairs and a Fish and chip shop downstairs. At least that's the plan!

A lot of this is based on my holiday in Devon from 2 weeks ago although I'd started the elevated roads already. Seeing some of the colours in the town of Brixham in Devon were just perfect for recreation.

I've already built one fishing boat and theres another one on the drawing board, plus a coastguard dinghy to be added!

Very nice Seaside Town mookage! The colorful Diner Building is very well done as well as the trans-built water. This is indeed a great start and looking forward how this one will progress.

I've spent today shifting the orientation so that it has more harbour less beach - my son complained that the road sections werent long enough and that there was not enough actual space to do anything - then I realiosed I had nowhere to store such a long layout.

So it's now rectangular - still on several levels - but there are 2 48 stud long road sections now and a perdestrian bridge will join the two.

I'll add some more pictures as soon as it's presentable. Plus I ended up on cracklink ordering brown and tan!

Edited by mookage

I've added a second building and started adding pavements to the layout - this is the first section to have such treatment:

5663706480_168211516a.jpg

Privateer + Diner by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

The brown and white building is a Pub called 'The Privateer'. Neither building has interiors yet - I'll be doing those last. I know have the opposite side of the harbour to build - that's on a higher level (which is built) and will be a Fish'N'Chip shop with Art gallery above, and Arcade with a Karate Dojo above and finally a Theatre. Then I just need to join the two sides together with a footbridge.