Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Republic Heroes (miniland-scale)

These are some really nice figures. They capture the cartoony style of the Clone Wars very nicely, and are completely reminiscent of the characters, even the way they are posed.

For whatever reason, these really remind me very much of the '03 Clone Wars series, perhaps because that series was far funnier and more cartoony than the new one (something that I like quite a lot).

The only suggestion I have is to try and make Anakin's hair seem longer and fuller. Right now, he seems to have short hair, while in the time period that these figures come from (I think) his hair should be long. Otherwise, if you're trying for an earlier period, than Obi-Wan should have the longer hair, but I really like Obi-Wan as he is right now.

These are some really nice figures. They capture the cartoony style of the Clone Wars very nicely, and are completely reminiscent of the characters, even the way they are posed.

For whatever reason, these really remind me very much of the '03 Clone Wars series, perhaps because that series was far funnier and more cartoony than the new one (something that I like quite a lot).

The only suggestion I have is to try and make Anakin's hair seem longer and fuller. Right now, he seems to have short hair, while in the time period that these figures come from (I think) his hair should be long. Otherwise, if you're trying for an earlier period, than Obi-Wan should have the longer hair, but I really like Obi-Wan as he is right now.

Thanks, man! I tried several techniques to give Ani "longish" hair, but he kept looking like ep3 Ani. I tried slopes, cheese slopes, and every plate in between...

I tried several techniques to give Ani "longish" hair, but he kept looking like ep3 Ani.

I think he should look like EpIII Ani, sort of. The outfit makes him distinctive as CW. Why not throw a test pic of it up?

I think he should look like EpIII Ani, sort of. The outfit makes him distinctive as CW. Why not throw a test pic of it up?

Okay! I'll post those tomorrow:)

Great work, Mood! I love the way you've done Obi-Wan's and Anakin's 'skirts'; fits in perfectly with the style of the figure. My main criticism would be that I think the B1 looks too fleshed out, not skeletal like it should be.

Personally the hair thing doesn't bother me that much; I think both 'figs look like they did in the first CW episodes. But that's coming from me, someone who really doesn't pay much attention to things like haridos when it comes to CW. :laugh:

Another lovely and unique creation Mood! You really captured the overall design and detailing of all three figs even at mini-land scale. Great job as always! :thumbup:

Personally the hair thing doesn't bother me that much; I think both 'figs look like they did in the first CW episodes. But that's coming from me, someone who really doesn't pay much attention to things like haridos when it comes to CW. :laugh:

Same here, I didn't even notice that Ani's got short hair, yeah, it's a bit inaccurate, but it really is no big deal and doesn't take away anything from the overall coolness of this MOC.

AWESOME 'mood' what a miniland `creation, the battle droid is just the bomb and our so well know Jedi too is fantastic ! :grin:

Great work and may the brick be with you...Roger, Roger ! :laugh:

Hello!

These are amazing miniland figures! :classic: It's fantastic how you can make a recognizable character with just little adjustments for the face. A few plates placed at the right position of the face makes a perfect face. Congratulations, these are outstanding! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great work, Mood! I love the way you've done Obi-Wan's and Anakin's 'skirts'; fits in perfectly with the style of the figure. My main criticism would be that I think the B1 looks too fleshed out, not skeletal like it should be.

Thanks! I agree with you about the BD design. If you check out my Mocpages post, I comment that the build is a work-in-progress. I want to order some more tan hinge plates so I can make the legs thinner and more skeletal. :classic: