Solscud007

Fire elements at Lego Store PAB

So I guess it might be old news but since I have only started collecting Lego since last Sept, this is new to me.

I remember my old dragon knight set coming with fire. I have seen people clip fire together to make larger blasts of fire. Those fire pieces have small stems that come out of the post.

However I grabbed a fist full of fire at Lego PAB, hoping to make some cool fire effects in some of my MOCs. But they are missing the side stems.

I am dissapointed.

So I guess it might be old news but since I have only started collecting Lego since last Sept, this is new to me.

I remember my old dragon knight set coming with fire. I have seen people clip fire together to make larger blasts of fire. Those fire pieces have small stems that come out of the post.

However I grabbed a fist full of fire at Lego PAB, hoping to make some cool fire effects in some of my MOCs. But they are missing the side stems.

I am dissapointed.

I thought this was a post about melted plastic bricks, and little kids crying :laugh:

Thats weird, I havn't heard of this happening, it may be something new.

Not particularly new, I have flame parts from sets I got at least 6 months ago that don't have the stem thingies on the end. I like the new ones better myself, since the stems just got in the way, and I could never get the flames to connect together.

May be a good idea to change the title. And can someone post an image? I don't really remember the last time I got a set w/ the flame piece, not counting the fireplace in the 2010 advent.

And there was fire in the PAB? the wall or the BAM bin? I was just at one about 5 days ago but I didn't see any at that store. There were series 1 parts in the BAM bin and hero factory(about 6 bins) parts on the wall(no joke) but I didn't see flames. Though maybe if they were in the BAM section, I just didn't see them. I choose a hat for the 5th piece instead of an accessory.

hmm I cant seem to edit the Topic title.

Im talking about the flame pieces. The Advent Calendar flame is a trans orange feather used in Knights' helmets.

Im talking about dragon fire.

Got these off bricklink.

Here is the original dragon fire. See the stems that stick out the sides?

6126.jpg

Here is the new one. Just pretend it is trans orange)

6126bo.jpg

Anyway I found these in the Pick a Brick Wall. Hence I said PAB. Not BAM (build a mini figure)

on a side tangent, are PAB walls the same in all stores? Or are they different?

Edited by Solscud007

I read it's because the pegs were originally for attaching the flames to the insides of the mouths of dragons, but since the dragon is no longer in production, there's no need for the pegs. These pegs are not considered standard connections, and each instance of these pegs is supposedly for a specific use (ARC gear for SW helmets, plumes to historic headgear, flowers to stems, etc.), so since the female end of this particular connection no longer exists (despite the fact that the pegs are still usable with other holes of similar size), TLG decided to remove the male end from the flame.

I hope that made sense, I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find where.

They tend to vary, even in areas with multiple stores. But generally, they reflect LEGO.com's pick-a-brick selection, with whatever chosen sampling being offered in any given store.

I read it's because the pegs were originally for attaching the flames to the insides of the mouths of dragons, but since the dragon is no longer in production, there's no need for the pegs. These pegs are not considered standard connections, and each instance of these pegs is supposedly for a specific use (ARC gear for SW helmets, plumes to historic headgear, flowers to stems, etc.), so since the female end of this particular connection no longer exists (despite the fact that the pegs are still usable with other holes of similar size), TLG decided to remove the male end from the flame.

I hope that made sense, I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find where.

But those little pegs were so useful for connecting flame parts to flame parts... :cry_sad:

They will be missed. At least we can still find the old parts in the parallel market :classic:

The new less "neon" orange color is great, more realistic, by the way.

hmm I cant seem to edit the Topic title.

Im talking about the flame pieces. The Advent Calendar flame is a trans orange feather used in Knights' helmets.

Im talking about dragon fire.

Got these off bricklink.

Here is the original dragon fire. See the stems that stick out the sides?

6126.jpg

Here is the new one. Just pretend it is trans orange)

6126bo.jpg

I've noticed these for a little while now, but this is the first time I can remember seeing them discussed here. I was meaning to bring it up myself, but hadn't gotten around to it.

I think I first saw the revised piece (without the little pins) in the Indiana Jones set 7196 - Chauchilla Cemetery Battle, which was released in August of '09, though I didn't get my first copies of it until months later (I mention this because for a small part detail like the one at hand, it's possible some copies of a set might contain different versions of the element). I've noticed that the instructions for not only this set, but also some later sets that also include the piece, depict it with the old pins, even though the actual parts included are the newer style without pins.

Anyway I found these in the Pick a Brick Wall. Hence I said PAB. Not BAM (build a mini figure)

The PAB wall isn't even the same in a given store from week to week, much less from store to store. I believe they do tend to draw largely upon the same "pools" of elements and there should be plenty of overlap from one store's PAB inventory to another, but they're certainly not really identical.

At my store, the flames are in with the BAM parts. What store is near you solscud where they put the flames into the PAB wall?

At my store, the flames are in with the BAM parts. What store is near you solscud where they put the flames into the PAB wall?

It is in the Nanuet/Nyack, NY store in the Palisades Mall. North of New Jersey and west of NYC.

To add insult to injury, I ordered 50 pcs of the older flame pcs with base pins. It clearly showed the BL picture of the right piece. I get the pieces and they are the new type. I emailed the seller and no response until I send him a message via BL. He says that is all he has in terms of pieces. What to do? Should I really bother shipping the parts back? Should I ask for a refund for $.95? Doesnt seem worth it. It is just annoying that I thought I was getting the pieces I wanted but nope.

Sadly, the old fire element was one of several 2010/11 redesigns along with the round canopy. THe only way to get them now is through BL, but luckily I have amassed around 60 of them, so I'm safe :grin:

~Bayonet

Sadly, the old fire element was one of several 2010/11 redesigns along with the round canopy. THe only way to get them now is through BL, but luckily I have amassed around 60 of them, so I'm safe :grin:

~Bayonet

Actually, the new fire piece debuted in 2009 in some Power Miners sets. In 2010 it started to become more standard, though.