Sheriff von Snottingham

MOC: Rapid Transit Underground Train

Hello,

for an event in Berlin 2010 I built a local underground 4-unit-train set, type HK. As MetroiD supposed before, it is serving the line 1 and 2 of the Berlin Underground system. At the event, my train ran both days continuously for 8 hours, although the 9V-motor seems a little bit weak.

Not spectacular, but worth showing here:

U_Bahn_Berlin_HK_7.sized.jpgU_Bahn_Berlin_Baureihe_HK_1.jpg

More pictures are here. Enjoy, Christian

Hello, That train looks awesome. How many cheese slopes did you use for the top on the train? My favorite part is the doors. Impressive SNOT work.

Keep Bricking!

EverettYA

I was very much looking forward to this MOC of yours - and bring back memories, it surely does! Everyone was so eager to ride this train when it was first launched on the U1 and U2 lines; even the drunkards tried their best to keep it neat and clean :grin:

You've really captured the essence of the HK with the great SNOT side doors, and the front is also rather accurate! Any chance of some videos of it running? :sweet:

Excellent looking train 'Sheriff von Snottingham', though trans-smoke windscreen would look like the real one pictured under your MOC ! :thumbup:

In any case great work and K.O.B. 'Sheriff von Snottingham' ! :grin:

I don't normally comment on the good work displayed on the forum, but am quite impressed how close the model is to the full-size. Glancing between photos, it is more like spot-the-difference, as most attributes have been incorporated into the model, as features have been faithfully reproduced.

I Make/fly Scale Model RC planes, as well, and trying to emulate the full-scale is not always easy.

It would make a good next model for TLG, being easy construction, but having presence.

Hello all readers,

thanks for the comments!

I used 216 regular cheesies and 16 2-wide cheesies above the doors (to connect the yellow plates below them). Did anyone notice the engineer has a full-house? :laugh:

Comparing the original with my moc, I recognized a bad mistake I eliminated today. Here's the modificated version of the front:

Bilder_Hamburg_398.sized.jpgU_Bahn_Berlin_Baureihe_HK_1.sized.jpg

Yes, You are right: no buffers anymore.

Bye, Christian

This is very good MOC of a train with awesome SNOT work. If I were you, I'd add a PF motor as well, so 9V runs for a little while, and then run the PF.

Keep up the great work!!!!