Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

Brickshelf find: High-sky fighter

I don't know if this plane is the minifig version of a real WW2 plane or just a plane based on WW2 aircrafts. I think it looks quite good, it really gives me the feeling of a real WW2 plane. I like the solution the builder found for creating the Allied Airforce logo, without using stickers. Anyway, here's the gallery.

1box.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps it's a new theme. I'm not sure if I like it. Might make a good adventure plane though.

Astonished!!! Can we talk about a possibility of having a new historic theme for 2007??

Since the gangsters-like guns appeared in the Batman sets, long discussions have been there about a possible 30's theme (spies or gangsters) and there are even those who talked about a WW2 theme. As long as even we're about to see a torture chamber in the 10176 set......could this be true??

Don't like how fragile the design seems to me, but, what the hell?? It's an awesome airplane!!

*wub*

has the idea of a good photoshop work ever hit your mind ? ;-)

I know it's photoshopped. I should've mentioned it in my first post. But it's a bloody good photoshopped picture.

I know it's photoshopped. I should've mentioned it in my first post.

gus didn't seem to notice ;-)

But it's a bloody good photoshopped picture.

It's pretty good, just too obvious a fake (the set number, the background). And "official" LEGO designers would definitely use stickers for the Allied Airforces logo. Why would they think of using plates? That'd be using a LEGO part in an "unconventional way"... or would it... |-/

When the Lego logo is printed on something, it usually has the Copyright symbol(The circle with a C in it.)

This one doesn't , so it's a fake...but a very good fake.

It does look like something coming out from Lego...'cept The Lego Group would have probably used Click hinges...they're obsessed with using them.

Also, it's missing a real propeller.

In the box art yup, but there is a pretty simple but nice looking one in the BS gallery.

to be honest, i like his box art more than the models. in my experience, in the case of airplanes, including old warbirds, you better select the model you want to build based on what is possible with the given lego bricks, instead of trying to build your favourite plane with lego, only to find that the available bricks just can't handle the lines. that's especially dramatic for canopies, because a good canopy is vital if you want a plane to look good. i only see two options here:

1) build a plane with lego technic. hoses do handle curves pretty well.

2) build a UCS , large scale model, use transparent plates and bricks to build the canopy

to be honest, i like his box art more than the models.

I tend to agree with you Snefroe. The planes aren't that good.