Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Conclusion

Anyone can post in this thread. Excellent game, everyone!

:sweet:

001.jpg

The villagers of Spring Haven had reached a conviction quite early and they were ready to get on with the lynching. Kaley Cat's accusers brought her forward but, without the gallows, they were not sure what to do.

002.jpg

"Oh dear." Kaley Cat said, "How sad that my life has come to an end. I do not deserve such a cruel fate."

003.jpg

Suddenly, fire burst out of her hands.

004.jpg

"Now you will all pay for your treachery." Kaley bellowed in the voice of a devil.

005.jpg

A bucket of water came flying from behind her and the flames were extinguished.

006.jpg

Edgar Elephant had returned to help save them from the final member of The Demon Legion.

007.jpg

"Edgar, be careful!" Portia cried.

008.jpg

But, it was too late. The loyal elephant was knocked off of his feet by a burst of flames.

009.jpg

Marcus Monkey suddenly felt sick.

010.jpg

After a couple of burps, he regurgitated an apple. It had been given to him by The Baker and his wife. He had accidentally left it with his stock of apples and eaten it. He assumed its reappearance meant it was time to use it.

011.jpg

He threw it at Kaley Cat...

012.jpg

...and the explosion momentarily knocked her off her feet.

013.jpg

Cameron Crocodile brought out his magic gift he had received from The Baker and his wife. It was a special box that could invent objects to use to fight evil.

014.jpg

Cameron produced a chain from the box and threw it at Kaley, wrapping her up.

015.jpg

Cameron then produced a knife from the box and went to slit Kaley's throat but Kaley Cat was an evil ninja and a simple knife wasn't enough to kill her. She shot fire at Cameron Crocodile.

016.jpg

The fire scorched his hand and he dropped the knife.

017.jpg

Cameron Crocodile produced another gift The Baker's wife had given him after Booker Bear died...the first time. The bright blue orb actually megablocking worked and created a protective field around the remaining villagers.

018.jpg

Gilbert Goat finally got over his fear of the wand he had received and aimed it at Kaley Cat...

019.jpg

...and blew her scummy megablocks to bits!

020.jpg

All that was left of Kaley Cat was a scummy pile of bones!

021.jpg

The demon creature appeared and extracted Kaley's soul.

022.jpg

"We're free!" Marcellus the Monk cried! "The Book of the Demon Legion said the blood of the evil would satisfy the creature and free our town from its evil!"

023.jpg

The demon creature responded by roaring a stench-filled howl that emanated from the very depths of hell. It didn't seem very likely that it was satisfied.

024.jpg

In a flash of light, Daxia appeared. She wasn't very happy, although she looked, at least, slightly happy.

"Noooooo!!!!" She cried, "My precious Demon Legion!"

"You hideously happy and adorable nuisances will pay for this!" Daxia sneered at them.

025.jpg

Daxia brought lightning down from the skies and wrapped it around Cameron Crocodile's blue orb. She couldn't destroy it...

026.jpg

...but she temporarily moved it out of Cameron Crocodile's reach.

027.jpg

"You cannot harm us..." Marcellus the Monk began, holding up the vial he had received from The Baker and his wife, but he was cut short.

028.jpg

Daxia brought another bolt of lightning down and shocked Marcellus the Monk, knocking the vial out of his hands.

029.jpg

Daxia threw Marcellus's body across the village square, heaving him directly into the trash can.

030.jpg

"Cameron, we need that orb!" Portia cried.

"Crocodiles can't climb trees." Cameron explained.

"Neither can poodles." Portia stated.

031.jpg

"Elephants can't." Edgar said.

"Goats might be able to but I doubt it." Gilbert said.

032.jpg

"Look at me!" Marcus cried, "I get to be useful!"

033.jpg

As Marcus began climbing the tree, Portia retrieved the magic vial.

034.jpg

Daxia sent a lightning bolt knocking Portia into Marcus's apple cart.

035.jpg

Edgar Elephant grabbed the vial and ran.

036.jpg

Daxia sent another bolt after him, slamming him into the door of the bakery.

037.jpg

Gilbert Goat went to grab the vial and was instantly enveloped in lightning.

038.jpg

Daxia threw him into the founatin.

039.jpg

Marcus Monkey jumped out of the tree, using the demon creature to break his fall. But, Daxia was on him quickly...

040.jpg

...and slammed him through the front door of Portia's General Store.

041.jpg

"The Baker and his wife made a sacrifice for you sniveling, creepy little animals and you didn't even know how to use it." Daxia laughed, "What a shame that their sacrifice will be for nothing."

042.jpg

Daxia was momentarily distracted by an odd glowing powder that was riding the gentle breezes into the village square.

043.jpg

Daxia found herself surrounded by the odd glowing powder. It soon overcame her.

044.jpg

She began to vanish before their eyes!

And as she did, someone else began to appear.

It was Wendell Walrus! The gift of his life and his love for The Village had saved them all from Daxia's evil!

045.jpg

By the time Wendell Walrus had completely returned, there was no trace of the evil Daxia.

046.jpg

The surviving members of the town took a moment to take in the fact that they had defeated the evil.

Congratulations, survivors! (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock, WhiteFang, Inconspicuous, Fugazi and Stash2Sixx)

047.jpg

That moment was interrupted by another roar from the demon creature.

048.jpg

Marcellus the Monk woke up just in time to see the demon creature attacking again. He grabbed the vial The Baker and his wife had left...

049.jpg

...and threw it into the demon creature's gaping maw. The demon creature froze and a bright white light came from deep within it.

050.jpg

Strange ethereal figures danced out of the demon creature's mouth.

051.jpg

They were the souls of the dead villagers, and they were free from the clutches of hell!

052.jpg

The entire village had won the battle against evil!

053.jpg

Even all of Shadows's dead characters and the people from the confirmation thread were restored to life!

069.jpg

The souls of the members of The Demon Legion were dark and greedy. Although influenced by the evil Daxia, they had chose their path towards evil ...

070.jpg

... and subsequently went to hell.

054.jpg

The souls of The Baker and his wife appeared for a moment to say goodbye to their happy and adorable friends.

"We couldn't let our battle with Daxia ensare the innocent souls of you happy and adorable creatures." The Baker's wife explained.

"We had a wonderful life," The Baker continued, "Most of it revolved around stopping Daxia from taking over the world. But we experienced true happiness in our experiences with you, the villagers of Spring Haven."

055.jpg

The villagers thanked The Baker and his wife and tried to hug them...

...but they couldn't quite figure out how.

The Baker and his wife disappeared as they continued on life's next great journey.

056.jpg

Congratulations Town! Winners of the first EB Mafia All-Stars game!

Epilogue

057.jpg

It had been several weeks since the horrors of The Demon Legion had ended. Everyone was excited because Cameron Crocodile was unveiling a monument to honor a true hero of their brush with evil.

058.jpg

The village of Spring Haven wouldn't forget it's true heroes. They had erected a statue to the towniest of town...

059.jpg

...The Spontaneous Combustion Tree Stump!!

060.jpg

"Hooray!" Shouted the crowd.

061.jpg

That night Mindy Mouse and Bristol Bunny were at Marcus Monkey's apple cart, discussing the fine art of applesauce and the intricacies of being sluts...

062.jpg

...when a terrible scream rang throughout the square.

063.jpg

But, it was only the pleasured screams of Kenda Cat and Portia Poodle as Cameron Crocodile and Horace Horse compared the size of their wieners. The silence was soon broken again by a piercing shriek.

064.jpg

But it was only the offended shriek of Brigit Bunny after Edgar Elephant had gotten his long trunk too close to her flower. Benji Bulldog had spent a long stint being dead and was determined to make up for it by sniffing as much megablocks as he could. But, then a great moan filled the town square...

065.jpg

...but it was only Booker Bear and Becka Bulldog making love. Suddenly a chilling scream pierced the night air...

066.jpg

...but it was only the terror screams of Helen Hippo...

067.jpg

...as her home was, once again, burned to the ground by the Shadowy demon spirit of Felix Fox...

068.jpg

The Winners

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

Mason Role: 2nd Head monk, Inventor

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

Mason Role: Firefighter

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

Mason Role: Treacherous lover paranoid bodyguard, Vigilante (tile) killer

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

Role: Bomb

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

Mason

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - The Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

Win condition: use night action Role: One shot suicidal reviver

The Deceased Villagers

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - The Village - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - The Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

Role: Bodyguard

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher - The Village - died mysteriously on Day 4.

played by TinyPiesRUs

Role: Role-blocker

benji_dead.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Walter Kovacs

Role: Vigilante killer

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Eskallon

Role: Protector

kenda_dead.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker - The Village - murdered on Night 5.

played by I Scream Clone

Role: Tracker

helen_dead1.jpghelen_dead.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook - The Village - murdered on night 2 and convicted on Day 6.

played by def

Role: Watcher

booker_dead1.jpgbooker_dead.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man - The Village - murdered on Nights 1 & 7.

played by Dragonator

Role: 1st head monk

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician - The Village - murdered on Night 7.

played by Rick

Role: Two shot reviver

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 8.

played by Professor Flitwick

horace_dead.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by iamded

gabby_dead.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by Ricecracker

The Demon Legion

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

Role: Roleblocker

sheldon_dead.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 5.

played by Quarryman

Role: Night killer (Obliteration Curse)

cara_dead.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 7.

played by badboytje88

Role: Godfather, Night killer (poisoner)

bruno_dead.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 9.

played by Scouts

Role: Night killer (Shapeshifter crow with sickle)

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 10

played by Lord Arjay

Role: Ninja Jack-of-all-trades Usurper

Third-party

felix_dead.jpgtree_stump_dead.jpgpetey_dead.jpgbakers_bro_dead.jpgpancho_dead.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer - Third-party- murdered on Night 3 and convicted on Day 4.

played by Shadows

Role: The Arsonist, later converted to Demon Legion

A worthy ending for a fantastic game! Great ending Hinck, the sets and story were great! Good work winners, you all deserved it!

Except for suicidal Stash. He just had to kill himself. :grin:

Well, I can't say much more until the players decide to unravel Hinckley's insanity through night actions. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

A wonderful conclusion to an awesome game, Hinck! Congratulations to the winners, you all played a fantastic game from what I can see, and you all deserve the win. :sweet: I thoroughly enjoyed following this, even when activity slowed down during the later days.

I have a load of questions about the game's mechanics, but I'm sure they'll all be answered soon enough. :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

Woooo! That was one hell of a game!

First off, excellent game to all players. I wasn't following too closely until about Day 7, due to a two week trip abroad, but I at least read all of the narrative and some of the posts before that. That trip was also why I wasn't able to participate.

The two players I was extremely impressed with were Rufus and Arjay. Their skill became especially apparent on Day 10. I have to admit that Arjay had me going there, believing that Cornelius Murdock was scum, but Rufus' and the villagers' perseverance came through. I also enjoyed Zepher's style of play, which reminded me of Mystical Castle when he duped everyone to vote off both Shadows and Hinckley.

Everyone else played a wonderful game too though. I hope this isn't the last All-Star game we'll ever see.

Also, a round of applesauce for Hinckley. You did a great job hosting. Everything was excellent, from the photos and editing to the hilarious narrative to the variety of night actions. Even though you made it confusing as hell. :tongue: Yep, you have a lot of explaining to do, especially about why Stash wins, but first take a nice, long well-deserved rest.

Now if only there was a "Mafia Deaths" scoreboard next to the "Wins" one. Then Shadows could be at the top of both. :grin:

Edit: BTW, I think you forgot Shadows from the Demon Legion picture. Unless something else happened that I'm not aware of...

Well, losing sucks.

Congratulations, Townies :classic: !

I have a bit to say, but that's for later.

The conculsion???? The victory of the mighty Masonic villagers!!! :wub:

I thought we still had one more scummy player to worry about and it looks like everything has paid off but with a great deal of sacrifice.

I am so thrilled and it have been so hard to keep my mouth shut during this game on the last day!!

I will like to thanks my fellow masonic players, which includes Rufus, Draggy, Rick, Fugazi and CorneliusMurdock for our team work even though the both of you came in very much later.

There are so much thoughts and comments in my head and this is definitely one of the most intensive mafia game which I have participated and I am glad this game really made me learnt a lot from it in this different gameplay.

And, yes before I forget, don't ever metagame me on the first day!!!

Thank you Hinck, for hosting this outstanding all-star games. :thumbup:

We have plently of questions for you and I need time to compose my thoughts better.

Hooray! We won! I'd like to congratulate my fellow survivors. Especially Rufus, who worked so hard to make the win possible, and Whitefang, who chose to believe in me as well. :thumbup:

I'll admit I had very little clue of what was going on most of the game. It wasn't until I became a Monk that it started to make sense. And then it almost ended for me immediately. So glad that Rufus saw the true traitor in time. Well played, Lord Arjay, you almost got me.

Spectacular game, Hinckley! It was truly awesome. Thanks for letting me play in it. Can't wait for you to let us in on everything that was happening.

Woo! What a conclusion! Thanks for an awesome game everyone, and of course a special thanks to Hinckley for being a fantastic host. I really liked the riddles, even if I didn't get them first. :thumbup:

I have to say, it was hard for me to be of much use. I had no night action, and I felt like I was left out of all the PM discussions too. I think the fact that I was never inducted into the Masons had a lot to do with this, considering (if I'm not misreading) I was the only non-Mason town in the end, apart from Edgar, who had gained trust early in the game.

I'm still confused about the magic apple. Was it a one-time-use protection, or was it a paranoid-apple-owner sort of thing? I guess I'll have to wait for the Roles and Night Actions and everything else to be published.

In the meantime, my role:

Inconspicuous - Marcus Monkey – Village

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Marcus Monkey, the Spring Haven Apple Seller. Everyone in town knows you. They see you everyday with your apple cart and a bright smile on your face. People trust you to be the good citizen you appear to be.

You have been given a magical power, but you’re not sure what it is. The Baker and his wife gave you a Magic Apple and specific instructions, but you couldn’t remember what you were supposed to do with it. As you are an apple seller, there are many apples around the house. You have accidentally eaten the Magic Apple from The Baker and his wife. You're not sure what it will do, but so far, it doesn’t seem to be affecting you at all…

My request for the end was not satisfied. :tongue:

SUPER FANTASTIC GAME HINCKLEY. I praised you along the way for so many story telling elements, and there are so many more to praise, and I promise I will always look back at this game really fondly. Also, i'm not sure if I started the trend of requesting how to die, but I'm happy you honored my request, it was ridiculous and fun and I loved it.

To my fellow players, extremely well played, all of you (mostly). Both sides had some slip-ups, (including myself of course), some of which I exploited, and some of which I was not too pleased with (namely, CARA MENTIONING THE MASONS, yes, I caught that too!!!!). But seriously all, this really showed that the All-Stars bring the A-Game. I'm impressed with everyone. Def, you played awesomely all things considered. I praise you. Arjay, you were a fantastic ally, it is no mistake you were the last to die, and to all my scum, thank you so much for being a fantastic team. And of course, Rufus and Rick and the other masons who cracked us in the end, fantastic job!

As for game mechanics... the Masons plus the resurrections were a LITTLE too much I think. Especially since those brought back were basically confirmed town... I don't know. I may just be saying that because I was on the bad side of the stick.

Anywho, thanks so much to everyone, I honestly love these games and this was one of my very favorites!

What can I say, the story was hilarious and presentation was (mostly - the crow's appearance was foreshadowed, pun not intended :tongue: ) flawless. Great game everyone; now I just want to see roles and explanations of game mechanics.

Thoughts are now flying in and out of my mind. :wacko:

I got more than 300 PMs solely catered for this game and practically interacted almost 80% of the players via PM approach. A lot of things are happening behind the scenes.

First of all, I owe def an apology. :cry_sad:

We couldn't convert you over and we never knew why the action failed, and at that very same day, you are actually framed.. Now we understands why and I really think you have done well to pull all of us together at the early start.

By the way, this is my character's bio!

WhiteFang - Edgar Elephant – Village – The Firefighter

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Edgar Elephant, the Spring Haven Fisherman. You love providing food for people. As the Village’s best fisherman you are quite popular and outgoing.

You have been given no magical powers. However, when a house burned down last week, you were very suspicious about how it was caused. You conducted your own investigation and have concluded that there is an Arsonist loose in Spring Haven. You may choose one person a night to protect from The Arsonist.

Remember that if your character is lynched or killed during the night, you should not assume your game is over and do not discuss the game with anyone until the conclusion is reached.

That's actually an explanation I want. I am probably being really really stupid, but I wasn't aware that the Demon Legion HAD a framing power...

<A round of virtual standing ovation to everybody>

Fantastic game guys! Congratulations to all the winners! It sure has been a great pleasure watching from the sidelines Mafia "All-Stars" burn the hell out of each other. :grin:

My hats off to Hinck too for a superb job at hosting this game. His wonderfully hilarious story-telling alone makes up for half of the total entertainment of this game. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward playing with you guys in future mafia games. :wink:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, special congrats to the "Comeback player of the Game" - Stash! That was totally unexpected!

That's actually an explanation I want. I am probably being really really stupid, but I wasn't aware that the Demon Legion HAD a framing power...

As I recall, the kidnapping action also acted as a framing action, but only if the person kidnapped was being investigated that same night. We were told that when it worked successfully on def.

Here's my character info.

Scouts - Bruno Bear – Demon Legion – Night Killer

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Bruno Bear, the Spring Haven Watchmaker. You love making watches, but you love evil more. If evil were a women, you would totally do her.

You have been given the magical power of Metamorphosis. You have been given an evil magical orb that allows you to transform into a black crow every night. You carry a sickle and kill one other citizen of Spring Haven a night. Only one Demon Legion Night Killer may kill each night.

More info will come to you as a group shortly.

Remember that if your character is lynched or killed during the night, you should not assume your game is over and do not discuss the game with anyone until the conclusion is reached.

Best of luck!

Oh, here's my character bio:

Cornelius Murdock - Portia Poodle – Village

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Portia Poodle, the Spring Haven General Store Owner. You are incredibly witty and strong-willed. Running your own business intimidates the men folk and you find it hard to find a husband, despite the fact that you are housebroken and can fetch.

You have been given no magical powers. However, you know you can help defeat the evil with your keen wit and intellect.

Well, this was an outstanding game! Fantastic job hosting this one, Hinck! Congratulations to the winners, and props to all the other players. :thumbup: :thumbup:

My one big question that plagued me throughout this thing was all about the crow, but now that's been solved I'm pretty happy. :grin:

And now, my role PM:

horace.jpg

iamded - Horace Horse – Village

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Horace Horse, the Spring Haven Blacksmith. You are in constant competition with that pesky Cameron Crocodile for the Village’s ladies. You swear your cock is longer, but he must use it better or something. Come on, what’s sexier than a Blacksmith?

You were given a bag containing a magical substance. However, magic scares you too much to learn how to use it. You don’t trust yourself with it. Therefore, you leave it by your bedside, all too happy to not know what it does.

Best of luck!

Great game Hinckley. :sweet: I enjoyed playing it and following it closely after I was killed. It was awesome both in terms of presentation and setup. The scum were insanely powerful, but the town balanced that by three shots at revival and the masons who got a 50% chance at protection from night kills (which didn't save Draggy or me) and the ability to swap around night actions . But both instruments caused quite some paranoia as we knew the masons could be (and were) infiltrated and we were never sure that the revivals didn't also convert or offered the revived the choice of siding with the scum or something. As always, paranoia struck big time on the town side.

Rufus, you played a great game and I know it has caused you some stress and insomnia. :grin: I really enjoyed playing alongside you and the rest of the mason group for a short time. Arjay, great performance right up 'til the end, but 'unfortunately' it became too obvious you had to be the infiltrator, especially with badboytje mentioning the masons and there not being a successful mason recruitment on night 7. If the scum hadn't blocked Rufus then, with hindsight, you would have had a much better case against CorneliusMurdock, who we already tried to recruit back then.

As became publicly known already I was a two-shot reviver. I revived def and my remaining revival was stolen and used on Shadows the night I was kidnapped. Rufus tried to recruit me to the masons that night but I was nowhere to be found, the night after that I was recruited successfully.

becka.jpg

Rick - Becka Bulldog – Village – Reviver

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Becka Bulldog, the Spring Haven Beautician. You love the village and you love making them all look beautiful. However, if someone mistakes you for a man one more time, you’re going to punch their lights out. Why is it so megablocking hard for them to understand that there are female bulldogs??

You have been given the magical power of Resurrection. You have been given a jar of Resurrecting Balm. Applying the balm to a dead or lynched player will bring them back to life. You only have enough balm to use it twice. Your only opportunity to resurrect a fallen player and not get caught by the Demon Legion will be before the morning when the player’s allegiance is revealed. Each night you will be contacted about who was killed and given the opportunity to revive them.

Best of luck!

Hinck, I'm looking forward to your evaluation of the game.

Right, congratulations to all the winners, a well deserved win. :thumbup:

As usual I'm not too happy about my own performance, especially panicking on the Day I was convicted, it could perhaps have ended differently if I had stayed calm. Oh well, at least here's my bio:

Quarryman - Sheldon Sheepdog – Demon Legion – Night Killer

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Sheldon Sheepdog, the Spring Haven Toy Maker. You are an incredibly talkative man. Everyone in town knows you for your long conversations and interesting stories. However, you hate them all. You want nothing more than eternal life and power and will stop at nothing to get it. You also make whimsical toys.

You have been given the magical power of Obliteration. You have been given a black wand that dispels an Obliteration Curse that dismembers your target, leaving them dead. You may target one citizen per night, but only one Demon Legion Night Killer may kill each night.

And for now I'll just point out the two things I really disliked about the game:

a) Revivals suck, badly.

b) Riddles have no place in a mafia game.

I would rather have been a less powerful scum faction than had to deal with those stupid revivals, they ruin way too many plans. And the riddles were just silly. There, got it out. :laugh:

But apart from that the game was very, very good, the usual Hinckley quality, you really are a great story teller Hinck. :wub:

I'm loving all these character bios. :laugh: :laugh:

I've never died so much for the amusement of so many. It was a noble and honourable game that shall be long remembered. Or quickly forgotten. I haven't decided yet. :laugh:

I'm sure I'll have more comments later. Oh yeah. :devil:

My Character:

(I can't believe I drew this character for you. It's completely random selection... )

felix.jpg

Shadows - Felix Fox – neutral – The Arsonist

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Felix Fox the Spring Haven Farmer. You love tending your farm, as you are particularly fascinated with the ecosystem. You love watching things grow and tending to them and making them thrive is a great passion of yours. You have always been shunned by other foxes for being a vegetarian.

You have been given no magical powers. However, you hate cute little animals and you don’t care about whatever drama it is that they’ve concocted about demons and such. Screw all of them. It’s time to start burning down houses. You may burn down one house a night.

As a neutral character, you win when you kill every member of the scum and town. (This will be a win if you survive down to four players.)

Told you I was converted. :laugh:

Well done Town for doing well in this game, a special well done to Edgar, Helen and in the last day especially Rufus who all played excellently. To the scum, bad luck, if only you still had Zepher. :laugh: I can't wait to hear more about what went on with Stash, Here is my character bio: (Not as funny as the other's though)

pennie.jpg

Eskallon - Pennie Pig – Village – Cowardly Protector

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Pennie Pig, the Spring Haven Mayor. You act as Police Chief, Fire Chief, Judge and the Department of Motor Vehicles. You love Spring Haven and would do anything in your power to keep it’s citizens safe from the encroaching evil.

You have been given the magical power of Transference. The Baker and his wife have given you a Magic Hoop that, once passed over your target, will transfer them to another dimension where they will be peaceful and safe for the night. You may also pass yourself through the hoop if you think you need protection. However, you may not use the hoop on yourself for two nights in a row. At most, you can protect yourself every other night.

Best of luck!

I was happy with my role which was indeed useful and it was a shame that later on in the game I was told that it would only work on magic attacks. Oh well. Anyway up until the night that I died I was fairly certain that this was also a hidden Jaildetractkeeper role and that it also blocked my targets which would make sense considering that once someone is far off in a parallel universe they cannot protect someone here, however with the help of Edgar I managed to find out the truth.

I don't have much to comment on the game day wise, it fell into sort of a pattern with everyone: Say Hello, talk about what we are going to do, decide against that, wait for someone to bring some evidence to the table, vote. Also I saw loads of boring long-winded posts which could have made a stronger point in just two lines, why say so much crap which will just detract people from your main point? :look: There seems to have been a lot pf people who used PM's as their main form of communication, me included, and I was trying to learn more and form alliances but it ended up me giving away information and not receiving much. So by the time I died I was getting suspicious of my two main allies Edgar and Helen, but what could I have done. Edgar was starting to give me some information but I just didn't feel like I was a part of the conversations going on.

I enjoyed the riddles throughout the game and these are something that really appealed to me, but I do believe they should have been more focused towards the game and if a host includes riddles then he/she should do it properly and make them a significant part of the game which I just don't think they were seen as important enough. Nevertheless they were fun so I shouldn't be complaining.

Now despite those two paragraphs full of the bad things I did enjoy this game, it was fun which is something which should be a part of every game, but I mean it was really fun to not just play, but sit and watch it progress. It was well thought out and some of the roles were more interesting than in other games. Hinckley did a great job with all the pictures and when there was not much to show us, he threw in some story lines which were funny and ingenious.

Overall I can say this was a great game which I really enjoyed, so I would like to thank our amazing Host and all the other players who made this a good game.

Edited by Eskallon

I can honestly say that this was the least fun mafia game I've ever played...though it's not the host's fault. :tongue: on top of that, that was about my most unsatisfactory death since I started playing. Killed at night, sure, but betrayed by my own teammates? Looking at those early days, you'd have to question why they would even want to recruit me :wacko: The guy having an online meltdown is not a good choice of a recruit. I've already apologized to most of those I need to, and can't remember who else I need to... Luckily, I deleted the furious PM I was going to send to Cornelius Murdock... Murdock, you were driving me crazy with your PMs. Also, I was happy to see Rick and Draggy die, since they lynched me. Maybe if I had been still alive, scum would've had to adjust their strategy :sadnew:

I liked:

-the depth of the photos, they filled out the story nicely.

-there was/is lot's of confusion about the killers. For whatever reason, we assumed the arsonist was the serial killer, but he wasn't? Still don't know what was up.

I didn't like:

-revivals, not my thing

-the janitor role. It took away a lot from town's ability to sort things out by not knowing if a conviction was successful. I should read up more on how and why that's used, but as is, it's not my thing.

-two bakers. I initially contacted ISC thinking I worked for him. He didn't have any clue what I was talking about.

-no Helen statue. She deserved one

So, it was a good 'all-star' game, but bad timing for me.

helen.jpg

def - Helen Hippo – Village – Tracker

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Helen Hippo, the Spring Haven Cook. You love cooking for people. Nothing makes you happier. As the person who keeps the citizens of Spring Haven fat and happy, you are quite popular. But, you have a horrible gas problem, and love to roll in mud. This has made it hard for you to find a husband.

You have been given the magical power of Lithomancy. The Baker and his wife have given you a magic gem in which you can watch one person a night and see who targeted them.

Best of luck!

Two more things. I like riddles for hints, but most of them were simply a matter of a Google search, which isn't so good. I think Hinck was trying to adjust the difficulty each day, but...

And the number of times I had to write "blame Hinck" in PMs... Why was I allowed to watch myself? Don't know, blame Hinck. Why did my results change halfway in the day? Blame Hinck. There were a few more. I was exasperated. It's his damn game, why would I know what he's thinking :wacko:

I look forward to the big recap, and get some rest, Hinck :thumbup:

Well, that must of been one of my worst mafia performances since I began; my voting pattern was terrible! I didn't really do much in the way of PM's, either; I thought people hearing reading me saying "I'm Town, but I've only a few leads, and no Night Action to back them up" would likely raise some alarm bells.

Congratulations winners (Save Rufus, how could you lead the lynch of a poor, defenseless Mouse? :devil::laugh: )! And a big 'thank you' to Hinckley for letting me play! I really enjoyed the riddles during the days, and enjoyed the ensuing heading each one brought! :laugh:

I throughly enjoyed how my execution was executed ( :grin: ), and found all of Shadows' deaths hilarious.

mindy.jpg

professor flitwick - Mindy Mouse – Village

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Mindy Mouse, the Spring Haven Accountant. You are quiet and mousey, but very intelligent and know you can be incredibly helpful on this quest to rid Spring Haven of evil.

You have been given no magical powers.

Best of luck!

Lower case P's on my username? Bad grammar indeed, Hink. :sadnew::tongue:

Fugazi - Gilbert Goat – Village – Bodyguard

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Gilbert Goat, the Spring Haven Schoolteacher. You are very wise and trusted by all members of the town. You have been in love with Cara Cow since you were a little kid. She is beautiful and amazing with those sexy horns and big snout. You believe she could do no wrong.

You have been given the magical power of Shielding. The Baker and his wife have given you a magical orb that enables you to protect the person whose house you wait outside at night. Due to your lifelong love for Cara Cow and your belief that she could do no evil, you have decided to protect her every night. The Orb is a bit on the ancient side, however and there is a 50% chance an attacker that comes after Cara will kill you instead. However, if you survive the attack, the identity of the attacker will be revealed to you.

Best of luck!

There you have it. What more can I say? I'm not an experienced mafia player, but I found this game to be thoroughly exhilarating in every way. The messed up night actions that still (mostly) made perfect sense in the end, the riddles that allowed me to help the town beyond my limited night action, the beautiful storytelling, the stunning photography, everything made this a memorable game for me. :thumbup:

I do have a few questions:

- How come that I saw Rufus investigate Badboytje? I wasn't made aware of the first investigation on Badboytje, and this made me mistrust Rufus almost until the end. That, and Dragonator's orb -- which brings me to my next question:

- Was I the only one asked by Daxia to choose between Village and Demon Legion? I figured that the person inheriting Dragonator's orb (Rufus) would also be asked the question, which only added to my mistrust.

- What would have happened if I had used the cursed Vigilante wand and failed? I never did, mainly because of fear of the consequences. But if I had, Rufus might have been my first target! :blush:

- Could the Demon Legion also attempt to solve the riddles, or was it just a Village contest?

- Was Prof Flitwick scum after all? I never believed it, so I'm curious. Now I know!

Lastly, I have to thank the other players for making this such a great game. Scum play was especially top notch! :thumbup:

Edited by Fugazi

Whew. I'm so glad it's over. Right to the very end I was expecting a last-minute unvote. I even woke up this morning paranoid that I'd got it wrong. Playing town is so much harder work than playing scum - you really have to keep your wits about you, and fully trust no-one. I've done nothing but mafia for the past two weeks, and it's been a long time since I've had a decent night's sleep.

Arjay, you are a formidable enemy. Right to the end you fought hard, even though by then the odds were stacked against you. You nearly convinced me on that last day; you were right that my argument was pretty weak, but I just needed to keep you from convincing one of the others.

This is a testament to Arjay's strength - on day 9, before the vote started, he sent me a massive in-depth analysis of Cornelius's and Scouts's comments and voting habits through the entire game. It really did make Cornelius look rather scummy. And he did indeed point out the clues pointing at scum infiltrating the masons. Arjay is a mafia master. :thumbup: The idea of framing Scouts to make him look innocent was inspired, and it would have worked had you not made the mistake of overestimating your enemy :blush:

Inky, I guess your magic apple was a bomb. Once again we are denied the big KABOOM! Unless you count Shadows, that is :grin:

I have to say a few thanks, and a few apologies.

Thanks must go to my fellow masons, in order of recruitment: Fangy and Draggy, Rick, Arjay, Cornelius, and Fugazi. I'm sorry, guys, for the lack of trust, and for abandoning the writeboard which was just too difficult to organise. I realised that in order to maintain security I had to keep everyone's comments separate, and act as coordinator. This put a lot of pressure on me, and probably spoiled some of Hinck's fun. I even put fake night actions into a joint PM as I thought we had an infiltrator. Turned out I was right. And I wish I had trusted Fangy more early on - his instincts on who was trustworthy and who wasn't were spot-on :thumbup:

A special thanks here to Rick. Rick was my rock, when I was a nervous wreck. Together we wracked our brains to avoid many a ruck. Rick put at least as much into this game as I did. I was so upset when Rick and Draggy were killed. :cry_sad: But I guess I deserved that, after Werewolf.

I must apologise firstly to the spectators. The game must have looked dead in places. I guess everyone was waiting for my big revelation. Some of the pauses were due to frantic PM action, some due to the evil of time zones (a real problem in this game); however many were simply due to paranoid uncertainty.

Of course I must apologise to def. Sorry, def :cry_sad: We really did agonise over what to do about you for days. In case people didn't realise, I tried to recruit def to the masons on night 4, when he had been framed; I didn't believe that the mason recruitment could be fooled like that, and unfortunately I thought that the only way to test this was to lynch def. I'm sure it's no consolation, but a number of good things came from this: it proved that Rick's revival action didn't revive people as scum, which was one of our fears; it revealed the framing action, and the fact that the masonic recruitment could be fooled into mistaking villagers for scum, and therefore the other way round. And mostly, it showed what a true townie's defence looked like, which was invaluable later when Cornelius defended himself as doggedly as def had.

A big thanks to Hinck, for hosting this superbly presented confusing mindfuck of a game. :wub: And for taking ten years off my life expectancy! Who needs old age?? The narrative and pictures were top-notch, the humour priceless :thumbup: ... even though whilst Pandora was laughing at the hilarity of the Day Ten opening pics, I was staring at them in black despair...

Finally, a big special thanks to my long-suffering wife, Pandora :wub: . Not only did she tolerate my endless pacing, my insufferable self-doubt, and my inability to tear myself away from The Forest during what was meant to be a romantic weekend away; she was also an invaluable ally: helping me decide whom to trust, and plan actions, and she was pivotal in solving those near-impossible anagrams. And all this while she had her own mafia troubles to contend with!

My character role:

cameron.jpg

Rufus - Cameron Crocodile – Village – Inventor

In this game of wits and strategy you are playing the character of Cameron Crocodile, the Spring Haven Carpenter. You love building things and have constructed most of the buildings in town. You are quite popular with the ladies due to your exceedingly long cock.

You have been given the magical power of Creation. The Baker and his wife have given you a magic box that you can pull four items from: A knife, an orb, a chain, or a lock. You may gift one item to one citizen of Spring Haven each night. They cannot use the item on the night you give it to them. You may not gift to the same person two nights in a row and you may not give the same gift two nights in a row. Your inventions contain the following powers:

Knife: Allows the recipient to kill one other citizen-one time use only

Orb: Allows the recipient to investigate one other citizen and see their affiliation-one time use only

Chain: Allows the recipient to block one other citizen at night-one time use only

Lock: Allows the recipient to protect himself/herself at night-one time use only

Well, that must of been one of my worst mafia performances since I began; my voting pattern was terrible!

Your voting pattern really was exactly the same as scummy Scouts!

Congratulations winners (Save Rufus, how could you lead the lynch of a poor, defenseless Mouse? :devil::laugh: )!

You have Arjay to thank for that.

I do have a few questions:

- How come that I saw Rufus investigate Badboytje? I wasn't made aware of the first investigation on Badboytje, and this made me mistrust Rufus almost until the end. That, and Dragonator's orb -- which brings me to my next question:

This probably saved you, Foog: you launched into a long attack of me via PM on the Cara day; whilst my allies were all screaming that the bodyguard (who was obviously you) must be scum, I figured there was no way you'd have continued to question me like that if you were scum.

- Was I the only one asked by Daxia to choose between Village and Demon Legion? I figured that the person inheriting Dragonator's orb (Rufus) would also be asked the question, which only added to my mistrust.

I wasn't given a choice.

- What would have happened if I had used the cursed Vigilante wand and failed? I never did, mainly because of fear of the consequences. But if I had, Rufus might have been my first target! :blush:

Who knows (maybe you'd have turned me into a turkey? :grin: ) But you could have won the game on night 9, if you'd killed Arjay like I asked :wink:

Actually, I don't blame you. I even said to someone (it might have been Arjay :blush: ) that I wouldn't have used the wand if I'd been in your position.