Sign in to follow this  
jaredchan

MOC: Arc de Triomphe

Dear all,

I didn't plan to build a block of brand name fashion stores when I started working on a Tommy Hilfiger Store back in 2009. I am very thankful for all the appreciation, compliments and sense of achievement that I have received for it and its successors. Now that I have built six of them and I feel that its time for me to take a break and move forward to building something else. While my buildings are not designed to be Parisan, I think the Arc de Triomphe should be the perfect departure gift to close the project for now and I hope you would like it (It's currently on display at Cityplaza Hong Kong along with many other fabulous creations by local AFOLs, I hope you guys won't mind that we are sharing them here as well):

sn205627.jpg

The Arc is now sitting next to the Seine to accommodate the layout, and I think it looks good.

sn205632.jpg

Together with the Eiffel Tower, a MOD by William (a fellow AFOL).

with_the_lights_on.jpg

Lighting is installed around and underneath the Arc (Thanks to William!). While the real Arc projects light onto the exterior from the outside, I am very satisfied how this modification turns out.

While we are underneath the Arc, here's a picture of how it looks like:

underneath_the_arc.jpg

sn205630.jpg

Tomb of the unknown solider

sn205641.jpg

Could this be Napolean Bonaparte?!

sn205634.jpg

View from Champs-Élysées

As many of you should have probably noticed, I have deliberately changed the pure-tan / grey color scheme of the monument to include dark tan, light bley, dark bley and white, I hope this won't offend anybody. :grin:

Thanks for watching, C&C are always welcome!

This is excellent. Detailing is great, and I think the additional colors really bring out the shaping of this MOC. :thumbup:

Fantastic work on the Arc! Noting about it is boring, texture in the walls, great details, great building techniques for the inner arc ceiling, etc.

Love it :wub:

Mind-blowing creation 'jaredchan', such detail is fantastic and the word AWESOME is not enough to describe it, excellent work and totally K.O.B. 'jaredchan' ! :grin:

Fab! It's instantly recognizable, and the way you've done that arch is great. But in my opinion, the details that really make it stand out are a) the use of dark tan to bring life to the walls and b) those fantastic sculptures on the sides, which you've done a superb job with!

My mouth is literally agape when I was browsing through the photos of this magnificent creation. It's truly enjoyable to look at every inch of detail this lovely Arc. Simply a marvelous job jaredchan! :thumbup:

On a side note, the level of building expertise you AFOLs have there in HK is simply impressive. I've seen your work here in EB, as well as andybear's and alanboar's, and I must say you're all really very talented builders. :thumbup:

Amazing work again JaredChan! I am always excited to see your MOCs. In particular the way the essence of a place is captured in your work. :thumbup:

WOW! jaredchan This is just gorgeous job you have done. It really does have a nice affect with the lights. I like how you did the tome with the black metal rails. The Bonaparte :bonaparte: is very good laugh too. :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

Great MOC - and a stunning event too! Legend Bricks, you guys rule!

This is a fantastic MOC, jaredchan! It captures the look and feel of the Arc de Triomphe perfectly! :thumbup:

jaredchan, that is absolutely stunning! :wub: Fantastic little details, and the overall design is superb. I love how you've done the interior of the arch - I'm sure many wouldn't have bothered with something that can't be seen easily from outside. And I agree with Boney: the use of dark tan really sets it off. :thumbup:

The first thing that came to my mouth when I saw this was "Holy Crap" This is seriously impressive. I'm stunned with the attention to details. Having never seen this in person, I can only assume this is the next best view.

Really impressive.

Wow, just wow. It's so beautiful, especially with all the details on the outside. You really know your Lego :)

Magnifique! :wub: The real Arc de Triomphe is such an impressive structure, and your version really does it justice. I'm amazed at how you cram all those details into it :thumbup:. Loving it :sweet:.

Dear guys,

Thanks so much for all the compliments and praise, and of course for blogging the Arc and other fabulous creations on Classic-Town, the creators and I are all very grateful! What you guys have said really give us the momentum to keep on brickingt!!

I am really sorry for such a late late reply and I am even more sorry to make it a short one. Many of us, in particular Andybear, the creator of the Tiananmen Gate (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54261), are busy perfecting the layout even though the show is already running. Thank you all for your support and I hope you enjoy what we have posted so far!

Warm regards,

Jared

Edited by jaredchan