stark mark 5

TIE/ln starfighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The TIE/ln starfighter or TIE/line, simply known as the TIE Fighter, was the standard Imperial starfighter seen in massive numbers throughout most of the Galactic Civil War and afterwards.

lddscreenshot20.png

as always more pics in my brickshelf folder

My link

tie fighter lxf

I see you differed from Lego's usual blue and black color scheme here. And I also see that the arms that hold the wings on are a bit shorter too. I'll let Brickdoctor critique the rest of it. Great MOC though!

Looks good stark mark 5, glad to see the colour grey not blue, but maybe if people didn't use the standard TIE canopy it would look more realistic, the standard one is a bit misshapen and just looks wrong.

Over all though ignoring the canopy, the ship looks great, the wings look about the right size, and the with is good, the cockpit ball is a little angled.

Good job though (I preferred you Nantex TBH).

I agree the grey collour is much better on the tiefighters, then the old blue TLC made. Though in rotj the tie intercepters had a bit of a mix between blue and grey. I also think the canopy isnt great, but at this scale it is the best you can do. I love to see more tie variations made by you.

I'll let Brickdoctor critique the rest of it.

And DobbyClone, and Fallen, right? :wink:

Anyway. on to the MOC...

I can see some good things as well as some points that could be improved. The use of dark gray as a base color is great, and the wings appear to be a good size.

1.I would agree with Mr Man that the TIE cockpit could be done away with - it's just too clunky. The use of 4285b.png would be greatly preferred. SNOTing the cockpit to better approxmiate a sphere is also recommended, as seen on Robo Man's MOC.

2. What you've done with the wing pylons is good, but they make the fighter look a little too chubby. Using 33 slopes rather than 45 slope would help the look there, and replacing the Technic bricks with 2x2 bricks (or Technic wheels, or something of the sort) would help round out the pylons. Losing the large inverted slope pieces would help as well - in my opinion they don't look very good, nor are they accurate.

3. I see what you're trying to do with the wings, but it's a tad thick. Perhaps something like this? Also, some steering wheels for the central hubs would make for good greebling.

Oh, and I'm sorry if this sounds too nitpicky, but... Anio's UCS demonstrates that 2x4 wing plates are closer to the actual angle. It just looks better to me.

the lxf file is now up i would be very grateful if someone could modify it for me because im going away for a few days and i cant take my computer :(

1.I would agree with Mr Man that the TIE cockpit could be done away with - it's just too clunky. The use of 4285b.png would be greatly preferred. SNOTing the cockpit to better approxmiate a sphere is also recommended, as seen on Robo Man's MOC.

Yeah that's the piece I was looking for to suggest.

This is a nice start, but I totally agree with what fallenangel suggested. My main dislike is the 'wings'; they just look wrong without the iconic shape and grey outline. It definitely needs the grey outline; you're missing the outer diagonal lines and middle horizontal ones; and the straight vertical edges don't really work.

I think we nitpickers have given quite a hefty list of stuff to do, so I'll stop now and just say I really hope you improve this, because it has potential.

i would be very grateful if someone could modify it for me because im going away for a few days and i cant take my computer :(

Nice MOC, but... I see no mayor difference (except the color on the wings) with this one and the official model.

You should listen to the advices that others gave you and it will be much better then.

I'm no tie expert so I'll just comment on the ship as a MOC.

The colors work well and are an improvement over the blue. The cockpit does seem small but I kind of like it.

Overall I think it's similar to the existing tie just better colors, at first glance I thought it was vader's tie advance.

...at first glance I thought it was Vader's tie advance.

How they look nothing alike :laugh:.

My issue is the shaping around the cockpit, the part usage makes it look a bit blocky.

TIE-In.jpg

Which is both an aesthetic, and accuracy criticism.

Also the method of representing the diagonal grey stripes on the wing could be improved. I'd recommend slicing a plate thickness of the wings, tiling over that, then using studs to angle Grey 1x8 plates to approximate that angle. Good luck developing you model! :sweet: