page_1.jpg

Any comments, please? ) :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Those look really good. Decals?

Blasphemy! :hmpf_bad:

Never do I use decals for my custom figures! Thanks! :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Agreed, Anakin and Dooku are :thumbup: . The others are a definite improvement, but every single one of them could be improved more with all-black eyes, IMO.

These look really really good. I don't like the big eyes on the cartoon figs too much, but these figs really capture the perfect combo of CW and lego. Nice work.

These are great! Now Unduli actually fits in with her padawan. Just curious, if you didn't use decals, how did you do this? (unless you did use decals and I'm just a complete noob :laugh: )

These look great! :thumbup: A lot like the ones in Lego Star Wars III. Obi-wan is spot on. I have no idea how you did these but they're amazing!

*Packages up all his CW figs to mail to The Penguin for modification*

I kid. :tongue: But these do look really well done. Great job!

~G

Very well done The Penguin! They look much much better without those hideous CW eyes. Though I'm trying to figure out how you did these - it's either you carefully brassoed the eyes and printed new and better ones or it's photoshopped. Either way, these are definitely great subtle improvements.

but every single one of them could be improved more with all-black eyes, IMO.

Well IMO, the basic all-black eyes is too simple and will look out-of-place when coupled with the other highly-detailed facial features. I have always thought that the pupiled eyes of recent minifigs is the perfect middleground between the simplicity of the classic all-black eyes and the creepiness of the CW anime eyes.

Well IMO, the basic all-black eyes is too simple and will look out-of-place when coupled with the other highly-detailed facial features. I have always thought that the pupiled eyes of recent minifigs is the perfect middleground between the simplicity of the classic all-black eyes and the creepiness of the CW anime eyes.

Yeah, they are definitely better than CW eyes and a good compromise IMO; I just really like the classic LEGO look of the dot-eyes.

I don't know...

What you have done is great, and I'm sure a lot of people love those kind of faces, but I like CW faces more. :sceptic:

Anyway, it seems like a lot of hard work there and it looks good. It would be great if LEGO would use something like

that in non-CW sets, so t's possible to get CW faces in CW sets and half CW, half nonCW faces in non-CW sets, because

CW figs are much more detailed.

How did you do that?

Nice work, Penguin. :thumbup: The best ones, in my opinion, are Dooku and Anakin, though Luminara is pretty neat too.

However, I don't think modifying them really works in the other cases. Don't get me wrong, you did a good job with the eyes, but their other facial features such as Obi's beard and Mace's wrinkles are just too cartoony. The normal eyes match less with them than I would have thought. In cases like these, I think it's just better to replace the CW head with a normal one (Ep. III Kenobi or Seso from Battle of Alamut for Mace).

Disclaimer:

1) I really am a bit disappointed that some suggested that I used decals and some computer image adjusting on the minifigs. I never do that. Actually for me decals (facial mostly) as well as photoshopping of the final figs is no better than cheating.

2) I hand paint all my minifigures. First I removed their eyes and then painted the new ones. :classic:

Anakin is 110% perfect, dooku too :thumbup:

the others feel a little off with the spacing...

Thank you. :classic:

Well, that was the optimim space to make the figs look more or less LEGO-classical without them havong their eyes to close, thus creating quite an ape-like look! :laugh:

Agreed, Anakin and Dooku are :thumbup: . The others are a definite improvement, but every single one of them could be improved more with all-black eyes, IMO.

Thank you for your opinion. :classic: But I'm afraid all-black eyes won't work here at all, trust my experience. Actually, I agree with KielDaMan here, that dotted ones are perfect for modern figs, while simple black dots work better for simplier prints luike in some old themes as pirates, for example. ) :classic:

These look really really good. I don't like the big eyes on the cartoon figs too much, but these figs really capture the perfect combo of CW and lego. Nice work.

Thank you very much! Actually it's mostly the game that inspired me to make those! ) :classic:

These are great! Now Unduli actually fits in with her padawan. Just curious, if you didn't use decals, how did you do this? (unless you did use decals and I'm just a complete noob :laugh: )

Thank you very much. Yes, I guess I should've added a pics with those two. :classic:

Have a look above! :classic:

These look great! :thumbup: A lot like the ones in Lego Star Wars III. Obi-wan is spot on. I have no idea how you did these but they're amazing!

Thank you. :classic: Yes, the game was my main sourse of inspiration. ) :classic:

*Packages up all his CW figs to mail to The Penguin for modification*

I kid. :tongue: But these do look really well done. Great job!

~G

Why so? I could easilly do that! :tongue:

Thanks a lot! ) :classic:

Very well done The Penguin! They look much much better without those hideous CW eyes. Though I'm trying to figure out how you did these - it's either you carefully brassoed the eyes and printed new and better ones or it's photoshopped. Either way, these are definitely great subtle improvements.

Thanks a lot, KielDaMan! :sweet:

You're absolutely right! I removed the eyes and painted new ones. :classic:

As for all-black eyes, I totally agree with you. Just compare, say, Vader's apprentice head with any proper (non-CW) SW head. ) :classic:

Yeah, they are definitely better than CW eyes and a good compromise IMO; I just really like the classic LEGO look of the dot-eyes.

Thanks! ) :classic:

I don't know...

What you have done is great, and I'm sure a lot of people love those kind of faces, but I like CW faces more. :sceptic:

Anyway, it seems like a lot of hard work there and it looks good. It would be great if LEGO would use something like

that in non-CW sets, so t's possible to get CW faces in CW sets and half CW, half nonCW faces in non-CW sets, because

CW figs are much more detailed.

How did you do that?

have a look above! ) :classic:

Well, I guess here, it's mostly a matter of taste, really. Thank you for your high ranking of my work! ) :classic:

Nice work, Penguin. :thumbup: The best ones, in my opinion, are Dooku and Anakin, though Luminara is pretty neat too.

However, I don't think modifying them really works in the other cases. Don't get me wrong, you did a good job with the eyes, but their other facial features such as Obi's beard and Mace's wrinkles are just too cartoony. The normal eyes match less with them than I would have thought. In cases like these, I think it's just better to replace the CW head with a normal one (Ep. III Kenobi or Seso from Battle of Alamut for Mace).

Well, my initial idea was not to replace a head for CW figs, or paint a new one. but to replace the yes, thus making them look like in the game. Though I agree that perhaps getting them totally new heads would have been even better. ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Thank you for your opinion. :classic: But I'm afraid all-black eyes won't work here at all, trust my experience. Actually, I agree with KielDaMan here, that dotted ones are perfect for modern figs, while simple black dots work better for simplier prints luike in some old themes as pirates, for example. ) :classic:

Okay, I'll take your word for it. I suppose the dot-eyes don't fit in with the look of rest of the face?

Disappointed that we don't know how you did it, and it takes four posts for you to explain? Yeah, alright.

Photoshopping the faces would be cheating, yes. But designing it on a computer isn't, however you apply it to the minifig.

Disappointed that we don't know how you did it, and it takes four posts for you to explain? Yeah, alright.

Photoshopping the faces would be cheating, yes. But designing it on a computer isn't, however you apply it to the minifig.

Four posts? What are you talking about, anyway? :wacko:

Well, as for cheating or not, it really depends on your point of view. If you have ever seen applied facial decals, I guess you would understand me. Not that I have anything against people who design or apply facial decals, but IMO they really look like death masks on a minifigure. ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin