Keybobs

Newbie from Scotland

Hello community,

I'm from Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland and like almost everyone in the world I loved Lego as a child. I've recently returned to this great hobby after pirates came out in 2009, walked past Brickbeards Bounty and it stopped me in my tracks!. I am currently trying to collect sets from the Pirates theme, I just love Pirates, you have no idea, it's almost abnormal the love I have for the theme.

I'm starting a personal prject to try and collect all the sets from 1989 to present, just recieved the 1989 Black Seas Barracuda in the post this afternoon, needs a good scrub in the tub tho :devil:

I'm really pleased that there is such a healthy community of lego fans out there and now I don't feel like such a nerd :grin:

Look forward to being an active member of this community in the future, hope you are all doing well today.

- Keybobs

Hello community,

I'm from Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland and like almost everyone in the world I loved Lego as a child. I've recently returned to this great hobby after pirates came out in 2009, walked past Brickbeards Bounty and it stopped me in my tracks!. I am currently trying to collect sets from the Pirates theme, I just love Pirates, you have no idea, it's almost abnormal the love I have for the theme.

I'm starting a personal prject to try and collect all the sets from 1989 to present, just recieved the 1989 Black Seas Barracuda in the post this afternoon, needs a good scrub in the tub tho :devil:

I'm really pleased that there is such a healthy community of lego fans out there and now I don't feel like such a nerd :grin:

Look forward to being an active member of this community in the future, hope you are all doing well today.

- Keybobs

Well, let me say welcome home! :sweet:

We are all LEGO fans here, and I think a few of us will openly admit to being nerds. I have the 1989 BSB from my childhood collection and it is my most prized LEGO set. I think we'll be seeing a lot of each other if you are a Pirates fan, be sure to check out our blog at www.classic-pirates.com or see the link in my signature.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the site, I'd be happy to help.

Enjoy!

Welcome to Eurobricks, Keybobs!

I always like to see fellow Scots on here! It's nice to know that there's people from my own country that share the same interest in LEGO, plus it means that we can tell each other which shops have good deals and what not. I'm not much of a classic-pirates fan, but I do love the new Pirates of the Caribbean line, so hopefully we can discuss that in the appropriate thread.

Once again, welcome to Eurobricks! I'm sure you'll be a highly valued member of this community!

Well, let me say welcome home! :sweet:

We are all LEGO fans here, and I think a few of us will openly admit to being nerds. I have the 1989 BSB from my childhood collection and it is my most prized LEGO set.

Thank you for your kind welcome and your help earlier with my display name debacle :hmpf_bad: Turns out the set I bought from ebay didn't have the box, they'd mentioned there was no instructions, but now it turns out no box :sad: It also came with random pieces so now I'm not sure if I have the earlier set or the legends set. Its defo not 1989 as the cannons have the cross cannon stamp on top, so its either going to be the 1992 build or the 2002 build but I have no way of knowing which one it is. The picture was of the 1989 box and they titled it LEGO 6285 Black Seas Barracuda Pirate Ship Classic Set, but I have my doubts :look:

I think we'll be seeing a lot of each other if you are a Pirates fan, be sure to check out our blog at www.classic-pirates.com or see the link in my signature.

I'm sure we will, I've seen that blog many times, it's actually the site that brought me to this forum :thumbup::laugh:

Feel free to ask me any questions about the site, I'd be happy to help.

Is there anyway to tell the difference, other than set pieces, between the original BSB to the rerelease of 2002? :laugh:

I always like to see fellow Scots on here! It's nice to know that there's people from my own country that share the same interest in LEGO, plus it means that we can tell each other which shops have good deals and what not.

Ah brilliant, I hadn't even noticed that before, I usually look at peoples countries when they are provided, are there many of us? I think the deals may be very scarce, the only one I can remember was the daily record/toys r us one last year :laugh: Although I'm hoping they do something for the potc release. I pre ordered the potc LEGO video game on the wii from Game Stop in the States so I could get my hands on the Jack Sparrow voodoo doll figure, just incase they don't offer us it over here. If you're planning on purchasing the game and want the minifigure i'd go there, shipping is fairly cheap, and thanks to me their website now accepts UK postcodes :laugh:

I'm not much of a classic-pirates fan, but I do love the new Pirates of the Caribbean line, so hopefully we can discuss that in the appropriate thread.

Once again, welcome to Eurobricks! I'm sure you'll be a highly valued member of this community!

Thank you for your hearty welcome, I look forward to chatting with you around here about our Scottish deals on offer and the banter that is sure to come with the arrival of Jack and his motley crew :thumbup::classic:

Welcome keybobs!

Great to have you here!

p.s - Your avatar made me smile :grin:

Thank you. Yeah it made me smile too, most things LEGO seem to bring a smile to my face :tongue:

Thank you all for your welcome, I can see this is going to be a lot of fun :thumbup:

Oh look, a new member from sunny Edinburgh! :grin: Welcome to EB Keybobs, I'm sure you will find the Pirates community to be very friendly. Enjoy!

Oh look, a new member from sunny Edinburgh! :grin: Welcome to EB Keybobs, I'm sure you will find the Pirates community to be very friendly. Enjoy!

Thanks Fugazi, you from Edinburgh too I take it? Yeah this place overall is really friendly and inviting, it's great to have such a community around :classic: I'm just waiting to get some pirate sets that haven't been reviewed yet so I can actually start making a contribution around here haha.

Thanks for your welcome, hope this finds you well.

I've moved around quite a bit, but yes I'm living in Edinburgh right now! Living so far from any official Lego store is maddening at times, but it does help saving the marriage! :tongue:

Anyway, I look forward to your Pirate reviews! Although I don't actively collect them Pirates is one of my favourite themes. It may have been mentioned already, but if you need any tips preparing your reviews, you may consider joining EB's Reviewers Academy.

See you around!