DLuders

RoscoPC's Lego Technic Racecar Stable

Yeah, right :) at first page of this topic, there is already 312t, so we need only mclaren :classic:

Ah!, yes... what an oversight. We then indeed only need the mclaren. :P

Almost done with the instructions. In the meantime I have prepared this cutaway view:

800x450.jpg

Could you put them on rebrickable?

I did it, but the MOC is in pending approval status since more than 2 weeks now... :blush:

Rosco: is there a new model in the pipeline? A mclaren M23 ? :P

Another one is ready and will be presented during an event next month :sweet:

Cheers RoscoPC, Blakbird & nychase :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

the Eagle Westlake will look great next to the Lotus.

As usual, the instructions look great, i cant wait to get building but being in Australia i will be waiting a few weeks for my BL orders to arrive from the other side of the world........ :wacko:

Rosco: is there a new model in the pipeline? A mclaren M23 ? :P

OK: this is my Easter gift, for those who love the RUSH movie :wink:

13815678474_081cb4b666_c.jpg

And this one was presented one month ago:

13492469835_7eba1b7bd6_c.jpg

Both of them with full working suspensions, steering wheel, fake engine... and the best correspondence to the shape and dimensions of the original cars I've ever achieved :grin:

Happy Easter!

I am totaly agree with the words from @Kubavet :thumbup:

Your F one's are superb and mind blowing good :wub: :wub:

Edited by VFracingteam

Thanks guys!

I forgot to mention the description of the "real" cars:

The McLaren M23 was a Formula One racing car designed by Gordon Coppuck, with input from John Barnard.

The M23 was never the most technically advanced F1 car, but sound preparation and continual development helped it win 16 Grands Prix, two drivers' and one constructors' world championships in its lifetime, between 1973 and 1977.

This model is the 1976 version with lower air intakes used by James Hunt to win the title in the epic battle with Niki Lauda (as seen also in Ron Howard's movie RUSH).

In 1977 the same car was used by Gilles Villeneuve in his F1 debut.

The Williams FW14 was a Formula One car designed by Adrian Newey.

In 1992, after further development work was done to the traction control and the active suspension system, the Williams FW14B was the dominant car and Mansell wrapped up the 1992 Driver's Championship with a then record 9 wins in a season.

My LEGO version has working suspensions, steering, V10 engine, rear diffuser.

:grin:

Absolutely gorgious stuff. It's great to see all those classic F1 cars... I can imagine people seeing these not realizing that they're actually looking at Lego models. And I meant that as a compliment...

Bookmarked.

The Williams is one of your best, I think! I remember really wanting that exact car for my Scalextric when I was a kid :laugh:

I really like the movie Rush, but of these two most recent models the Williams is my favourite. I really like how you manage to make the colour scheme. Besides, the Williams is the closest to how I remember Forula 1 cars from when I grew up. Too bas those rear wheels aren't available in black.

But so far, my favourite of all your cars is the McLaren MP 4/4. 1988 was my year of birth, and the year of Ayrton Senna's first world title. Today it's exactly 20 years after his death, in a horrible race weekend which also claimed the life of Roland Ratzenberger. If I don't collect too many sets for my collection and parts for MOCs, I might start collecting parts for this awesome car.

Anyhow, to keep up good memories, heres a picture I found:

1991-inglaterra-senna-mansell.jpg

^This is from the season before RoscoPC's Williams.

Edited by Richie

Omg an fw14b !

Ranked in the top 3 of my all time favourite f1 cars, the other 2 being a lotus 97t and a mclaren mp4-4

If you watch the film senna there is a Williams 'dancing' on its active suspension in the garage ... Just shows how amazing the car was

And the one and only f1 race I've been to was that silverstone where mansell gave senna the lift home, and I was at club corner too !

Might have to get the instructions for some of these

So how about a lotus 97t next and then I can build all 3?

Quick q ... Does the mp4-4 mode do with and without the intakes on the top of the side pods ?

Quick q ... Does the mp4-4 mode do with and without the intakes on the top of the side pods ?

Of course you can build it as you prefer :wink:

[...] and the best correspondence to the shape and dimensions of the original cars I've ever achieved :grin:

Just to give you an idea, you can check this comparison: personally I'm quite satisfied with the final result... :blush:

13900723949_baaee37615_b.jpg