Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Ten

Players only please!

001.jpg

"I'm so glad we didn't lynch Portia," Horace said, "This village is running dangerously low on chicks."

002.jpg

"Silence!" Daxia demanded. She snapped her fingers...

003.jpg

...and the gallows disappeared.

"With The Baker and his wife out of my way, I can finally start picking off you sniveling little twirps," Daxia sneered, "As soon as I find who they gave their magic blue orb to. I know one of you little monkeys has it."

004.jpg

Marcellus and Marcus exchanged a glance.

"No, not literally monkeys. I mean you're all monkeys." Daxia sighed.

005.jpg

"I'm a goat," said Gilbert.

"Right," said Horace, "and I'm a horse."

007.jpg

"Shut up!" Daxia cried, "I know some excellent little torture curses to find out who has it."

006.jpg

"You shall not pass!" Marcellus the Monk cried.

"Oh get over your Tolkien fetish," Daxia rolled her eyes.

"The Baker and his wife left us a great gift!" Marcellus exclaimed, "Their sacrifice shields us from harm as long as our innocent villagers still outnumber The Demon Legion!"

007.jpg

"Spoiled Sport," Daxia sneered, "Minion! Take out as many as you can."

008.jpg

With that, Daxia disappeared.

009.jpg

Then an odd thing happened...Bruno Bear began shapeshifting right in front of them.

010.jpg

In just a few seconds, he had morphed into a terrifying crow carrying a sickle! Bruno Bear was the shapeshifting arsonist night killer for The Demon Legion!

011.jpg

The crow claimed his first casualty, knocking Portia Poodle to the ground with his sickle.

012.jpg

"Does casualty mean dead?" Portia asked.

No.

"Oh, good."

013.jpg

The crow took a swing at Cameron Crocodile, but fortunately Cameron fell over right before the sickle would've made contact with his brain.

014.jpg

"See everybody! I'm not crazy," Horace said, "He's real. You guys see him, right? Does everybody see a crow?" Horace took another bite of his mushroom.

015.jpg

The crow swung his sickle at Horace Horse, knocking him into Marcus Monkey's apple cart.

016.jpg

The crow's eyes turned red as he burst into flames.

017.jpg

"Now, who has that orb? Toss it out or I shall cut you down one by one until I find the orb on your charred corpse!" The Creepy Crow bellowed in the voice of a devil.

018.jpg

A brave citizen threw a bucket of water at the crow, dowsing the flames.

019.jpg

Another brave citizen finally worked up the guts to use the brown wand they had been given. It didn't work quite the way it was supposed to...

020.jpg

...but it got the job done.

021.jpg

The demon creature chewed that crow up real good, extracting his soul...

022.jpg

...and then crapped out the remains. Bruno Bear (Scouts) was a member of The Demon Legion.

023.jpg

During the confusion, someone had set Horace Horse on fire.

024.jpg

The fire burned quickly leaving a charred corpse in the village square. Horace Horse (iamded) was a loyal member of The Village.

025.jpg

"Oh our dear dear Horace," Marcellus the Monk cried.

026.jpg

"Where's Edgar?" Someone asked.

"I don't know," Somebody else answered, "I haven't seen him since Bruno Bear morphed into Creepy Crow!"

027.jpg

"Are you wearing any pants?" Kaley Cat asked.

028.jpg

"Are you wearing a shirt?" Marcus Monkey asked, "Or are you just showing off your kitty titties?"

029.jpg

"Gross!" Portia Poodle cried.

"You're not wearing pants either!" Kaley Cat pointed out.

030.jpg

"Gabby's overalls are just painted on her hair. She's mostly naked!" Gilbert Goat said.

031.jpg

"Her name's Gabby but she's not very gabby, is she?" Cameron Crocodile said.

032.jpg

Everyone had a good laugh. Except Gabby.

"Where did she go?" Somebody asked.

033.jpg

During the confusion, someone had slit Gabby Goat's throat and she lay dead on the ground. Gabby Goat (Ricecracker) was an innocent member of The Village.

034.jpg

"Now wait just a God damn minute." Marcellus the Monk was frustrated, "While we were standing here, somebody kidnapped Edgar Elephant, burned Horace Horse to death and slit Gabby Goat's throat? We're either still up against several Demon Legion members or one very crafty one. For it to be one, they'd have to be as stealthy and skilled as a ninja..."

It didn't matter that they hadn't slept, the villagers were determined to find the remaining scum among their dwindling numbers...

Day Ten has begun. Voting is not allowed in the first 24 hours.

Objective

The Villagers must find and eliminate all members of The Demon Legion. The Demon Legion wins when they outnumber the innocent Villagers.

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Demon Legion. To win the game, the Village must kill off all the Demon Legion, while the Demon Legion needs to outnumber the Village. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, un-voting is to be done in the format; Un-vote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You are only allowed one un-vote a day. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, as well as those that died during the night.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but only in your own words. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. It is very important in this game to not discuss anything with dead players. I will only say this once. Don’t screw yourself over by revealing anything to a player who seems to have been removed from the game. Get it? :wink:

8. You may not edit your posts. 1st offense: penalty vote, 2nd offense: The untimely death of your character and the end of your game. No chance for resurrection.

9. You must post in every day thread. One day without a post and your character will be comically killed off.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. It is recommended that you turn off your profile views for this game.

Players

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile - Carpenter

played by Rufus

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant - Fisherman

played by WhiteFang

gilbert.jpg

Gilbert Goat - Schoolteacher

played by Fugazi

kaley.jpg

Kaley Cat - Mill Operator

played by Lord Arjay

marcus.jpg

Marcus Monkey - Apple Seller

played by Inconspicuous

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle - General Store Operator

played by Cornelius Murdock

The Deceased

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny - Seamstress - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 2.

played by Bob the Construction Man

wendell_dead.jpg

Wendell Walrus - Librarian - Village - gave his own life on Night 2.

played by Stash2Sixx

brigit_dead.jpg

Brigit Bunny - Florist - Village - murdered on Night 2.

played by Sandy

lauren_dead.jpg

Lauren Lamb - Gardener - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 3.

played by Zepher

lazlo_dead.jpg

Lazlo Lion - Butcher - The Village - died mysteriously on Day 4.

played by TinyPiesRUs

felix_dead.jpgtree_stump_dead.jpgpetey_dead.jpg

Felix Fox - Farmer - Demon Legion - murdered on Night 3 and convicted on Day 4.

played by Shadows

benji_dead.jpg

Benji Bulldog - Hat Maker - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Walter Kovacs

pennie_dead.jpg

Pennie Pig - Spring Haven Mayor - The Village - murdered on Night 4.

played by Eskallon

sheldon_dead.jpg

Sheldon Sheepdog - Toy Maker - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 5.

played by Quarryman

kenda_dead.jpg

Kenda Cat - Baker - The Village - murdered on Night 5.

played by I Scream Clone

helen_dead.jpg

Helen Hippo - Cook - The Village - murdered on night 2 and convicted on Day 6.

played by def

cara_dead.jpg

Cara Cow - Doctor - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 7.

played by badboytje88

booker_dead.jpg

Booker Bear - Garbage Man - The Village - murdered on Nights 1 & 7.

played by Dragonator

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog - Beautician - The Village - murdered on Night 7.

played by Rick

mindy_dead.jpg

Mindy Mouse - Accountant - Unknown Affiliation - convicted on Day 8.

played by Professor Flitwick

bruno_dead.jpg

Bruno Bear - Watch Maker - Demon Legion - convicted on Day 9.

played by Scouts

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star Scouts:

I was here when it all began. The Mafia Game. Though I didn't play every one since the beginning, I dipped my feet in the pool every now and then. I've played in four Mafia games: Western Mafia, Roman Mafia, Witch Hunt Mafia, and Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum. I would leave each game alive. In all modesty, though, Dr. Bloodbrick's was the only one I played the full game. Roman mafia never finished, but I guess that counts as surviving, right :grin: ? The other two I entered mid-way into the game due to inactive participants (something I'm not). In Western Mafia, I entered in Day 4 (Out of 6) as the head of the scum. Though it was a smaller cast, persuasion was just as easy. It also helped that I bought Hinckley a number of drinks. In Roman Mafia, I was a Legate, where if I was murdered at night, the murderer would die, and I couldn't die by lynch (though I would be revealed). I was excited about this role, and played rather well in it, though admittedly laid back, compared to others. In Witch Hunt Mafia, I entered in on Day 3. Just as Roman mafia, I didn't have much to do, pretty much a vanilla, so I just added my input. I also cleaned up Zepher's place, but I never brushed things under the carpet :angry: . All I can say is that I survived. Finally, comes my best performance in a Mafia, returning as scum in the role of Mr. Nowhere. It had been two years since I was scum, and was quite nervous to take the role, but I eased into it and became an evil, scummy persuader :devil: . So, that's it for my mafia position. Three official wins and one sort of :tongue: . Overall, I made sure I survived, with each and every post carefully made. I also take care to add personality to my roles, because I'm a hopeless artist ( :tongue: ) and believe it adds to the experience.

horace_dead.jpg

Horace Horse - Blacksmith - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by iamded

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star iamded:

Right, my first Mafia was tanotrooper's Roman Mafia, but, well, that got cancelled, so moving on...

Next was Mystery Castle, where I was a vigilante. I killed a townie, felt guilty about it, confessed and was lynched. I... didn't really understand how things worked in these games... :grin:

Then it was Imperial Solders Mafia, where things went pretty well until I was suddenly night killed for whatever reason.

Then came that lovely Dystopia Mafia, where I wound up dead and stuffed into a box after a fair few days.

After that was Sandy's Hogwarts Mafia, where I had the handy power of the Investigator, but then I died. Then I came back as a ghost! But we still lost anyway, so so much for that. I blame Shadows. Oh yes, and I came in part way through the game to replace Striker.

Then it was Eurodina, which went horribly. I was a powerless neutral, later converted by the Noodles gang. Still powerless. Then dead, by Quarryman's hand.

Next up was def's Asylum. You know how that went. I was doing just dandy until bloody yumi took my entire face. That bitch. :tongue:

Aaand finally there was Werewolf Mafia. My first win. :laugh: Except for one forgotten night action, that one went damn near perfectly.

gabby_dead.jpg

Gabby Goat - Dairy Operator - The Village - murdered on Night 9.

played by Ricecracker

A tribute to EB Mafia All-Star Ricecracker:

Ricecracker has appeared in the following Mafia games on EuroBricks:

-The Deputy in Western Mafia

-Ricecracker in Roman Mafia

-Richie in The Baritones 2

-Pvt. Razak Crade in Galactic Paranoia

-Rose in Noir Mafia

-Richard in Mystical Castle

-Leonard "Leo" Nyer in Infection

-Dr. Ernie Wilkerson in Prohibition Mafia

-Dr. Ballbricker in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum, which he won

-Raleigh Clifton in Werewolf Mafia

And co-hosted Dystopia alongside JimButcher.

Oh my! What a night. :wacko:

May Horace and Gabby rest in peace... at least Horace went knowing that his infamous crow did exist after all. Speaking of which, we got rid of another Demon! Let's keep this up, people.

Despite our victory, somehow we lost three townies during the night. I can understand the fire kill, since there has to be at least one Demon left, but the knife kill and the kidnapping? I have a feeling that these new powers have to do with Daxia's triumph over the Bakers.

Did anyone learn anything during the night? Perhaps Cameron, you and the blocker have discovered something new?

So much happened. I'm glad we were right to convict Bruno. And that at least Horace was proven right before he died. So sad to see him and Gabby go when we must be near the end of our ordeal.

Oh my. Brave Horace and Gabby. :cry_sad: Horace, I'm glad you were proved right, and I'm sorry it had to be at such a cost. The women of Spring Haven will mourn.

Despite our victory, somehow we lost three townies during the night. I can understand the fire kill, since there has to be at least one Demon left, but the knife kill and the kidnapping? I have a feeling that these new powers have to do with Daxia's triumph over the Bakers.

Triumph isn't the word I would have used. I'd have called it a disaster. But I guess it depends on your point of view.

I have to ponder this some more. I'll return with my conclusions later.

Oh dear. It is very sad that more of us have died, poor Horace and Gabby - they did not deserve such a cruel fate.

Still, at least we finally found out who was behind that crow, and in the process convicted another scum. :thumbup:

This was the most eventful night ever! :cry_sad: I am alarmed at the growing number of night kills despite our having lynched so many Demon Legion already. This village is full of mysteries, and increasingly empty of furry friends... :look:

Night One...

035.jpg

Horace hopped into bed and fell soundly asleep. Suddenly, an evil crow appeared!

036.jpg

"Nyaar! I am evil, and am breaking into your house! Muhuhahaha! My laugh is an evil laugh! Also, I have a scary sickle!" The crow laughed and snarled.

037.jpg

A flash of red light emanates from Horace's house, indicating an evil night action.

038.jpg

"A-ha! I have just the thing for you!" Horace proclaimed, "That kind Baker and his wife gave me this bag of magic powder! Suck it!"

Horace threw the bag, like a hero or whatever, at the horrible Evil Crow Guy...

039.jpg

...and watched as the magic powder began to eat the crow's flesh. A flash of green light emanates from Horace's house to signal a righteous night action.

040.jpg

"Argh, it burns!" Cried the crow, "But you're not the only one with a trick up your sleeve! Nyaar!"

A second flash of red light emanates from Horace's house and the powder suddenly disappears from the crow guy's flesh.

041.jpg

"Oh, shoot. Guess I'm dead now, huh?" Horace asked.

"No! My flesh hurts, and I'm rather put off, so instead of killing you I think I'll just flee." Cried the crow.

Later that night...

042.jpg

The Demon Legion were having a good laugh at Bruno's misfortune and near brush with death.

"You know what'd be hilarious?" One of them asked, "Let's never use the shapeshifting action again. That way if Horace tries to tell people what happened, he'll look crazy!"

The scum erupted into laughter again.

"We've got a pretty great team," one of them commented, "The only thing that could screw us at this point would be a ridiculous resurrection. But, what's the chance of that? Let alone three??"

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. With 6 players left, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Where is everyone? :look: Oh yeah, they're all dead. :hmpf_bad:

Folks, I hope the end of this long dark road is drawing near. And we know what we must do today - we must lynch the brown frog.

When I accused Portia yesterday, a few people pointed out a flaw in my argument. The flaw was this – if the brown froggy infiltrator was recruited into the Temple on night 8, that was a little quick for the demons to kill the Baker and his wife the same night. And the first inkling of the Baker couple being in any danger was revealed on day 7 just before Petey appeared. There was a recruitment to the Masons on night 6; there was not a recruitment to the Masons on night 7.

Then, later on day 7, the evil cow Cara mentioned the Masons, apparently apropos of nothing. Gilbert asked yesterday how Cara could have known about the Masons on day 7, and I dismissed the question as irrelevant.

But when you look at things from another perspective, it begins to look very relevant indeed.

The Masons who were recruited before day 6 have all been irrefutably confirmed, and are mostly dead. There is only one person who could be the brown frog – the person we recruited on night 6. The person who, giving no good reason, persuaded me to campaign against Mindy in preference to Bruno on day 8, and then tried to paint Bruno as a confused townie - the same Bruno who turned out to be the creepy, shape-shifting Crow killer we all saw last night.

This “Mason” was the only person apart from Edgar and myself to know that Edgar had a knife in his possession last night. And Edgar has been kidnapped, and the knife stolen and used to kill poor Gabby.

Moreover, as I explained yesterday, it would take a Ninja to conceal their identity in order to be recruited to the Temple. A stealthy ninja murderer, who might well be able to torch Horace, knife Gabby and kidnap Edgar in one night.

There is only one person the brown frog can be.

Vote: Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay)

I weep for the loss of so many dear friends over the last few days. Hopefully this will bring the nightmare to an end. I, too Vote: Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay).

Oh dear. I can certainly understand your accusation against me, but it doesn't take into consideration many things.

When I accused Portia yesterday, a few people pointed out a flaw in my argument. The flaw was this – if the brown froggy infiltrator was recruited into the Temple on night 8, that was a little quick for the demons to kill the Baker and his wife the same night. And the first inkling of the Baker couple being in any danger was revealed on day 7 just before Petey appeared. There was a recruitment to the Masons on night 6; there was not a recruitment to the Masons on night 7.

So the one point in Portia's favour is that the clue would be too obvious, and thus cannot apply to her? That doesn't make much sense, as then it would point directly at me (or Edgar, I suppose). Besides, we saw that Bruno has been previously late despite his claims to have not had a night action. Surely that clue could be considered too obvious aswell? I know that was my opinion at first but it's been proven wrong. Dismissing clues on speculation about how obvious God would be is ridiculous.

The Masons who were recruited before day 6 have all been irrefutably confirmed, and are mostly dead. There is only one person who could be the brown frog – the person we recruited on night 6. The person who, giving no good reason, persuaded me to campaign against Mindy in preference to Bruno on day 8, and then tried to paint Bruno as a confused townie - the same Bruno who turned out to be the creepy, shape-shifting Crow killer we all saw last night.

I gave you what is still (in my eyes) a very good reason. I felt it was better to go for Mndy first in order to gain information about Gilbert's alignment. I also suggested that the vigilante should kill Bruno the very same night, so I don't think it's fair to potray me as a defender of Bruno. It is true that I considered the possibility that Bruno was simply a confused townie, however I also said that I would have no objections if he was lynched or killed and that I still suspected him. In fact, yesterday I offered to accuse both Portia and Bruno but you told me to hold off to prevent a split in votes.

This “Mason” was the only person apart from Edgar and myself to know that Edgar had a knife in his possession last night. And Edgar has been kidnapped, and the knife stolen and used to kill poor Gabby.

This doesn't mean anything. The last time there was a knife killing (Night Seven) it was apparently a result of Booker being kidnapped by scum, who then used his action to distribute a knife between them. I only became a mason on the night of Booker's kidnapping, so there's no way I could have known. It's possible that the scum got lucky twice, as removing Edgar's ability to protect would presumably be high priority anyway.

Also, I've stated a high suspicion of Cara to at least three people (including yourself) in private from early on in the week. Unless you believe I'm scum who relentlessly backstabs my teammates even if they're under no pressure at all, then this is a point that you shouldn't ignore.

Anyway, if the only thing that convinced you Portia was town was the speculation about God... well, that clearly isn't good enough.

Vote: Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock)

I suggest you ignore all these clues and speculation, and compare my previous actions with those of Portia - then decide who is more likely to be scum. I'm confident you'll find the answer is not me.

This doesn't mean anything. The last time there was a knife killing (Night Seven) it was apparently a result of Booker being kidnapped by scum, who then used his action to distribute a knife between them. I only became a mason on the night of Booker's kidnapping, so there's no way I could have known. It's possible that the scum got lucky twice, as removing Edgar's ability to protect would presumably be high priority anyway.

If I remember correctly, the Night 7 knife kill was in fact the result of a lover dying, not a separate deliberate kill. You're not making much sense with this whole "kidnap distribution" thing. It sounds like a fake excuse to me.

I also trust Cameron so I will vote: Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay).

Let's not fight like, well, cats and dogs. It was a good try, Kaley. You almost got me lynched for your treachery yesterday. You succeeded in infiltrating a very secretive group and caused the downfall of several of them.

Let's look at the first night after you joined the Masons. Booker was set upon with arson once again and Becka was killed with a stolen knife. The scum must have known Booker, the only confirmed townie for all the non-masons to rally behind, was not protected that night. How did they know? Why was Becka murdered the same night? So she could not revive Booker like she did Helen. How did they know she was the reviver? It was perfectly orchestrated. Too perfectly orchestrated. You are the only one who could have known that both Booker was unprotected and Becka was the Reviver.

If I remember correctly, the Night 7 knife kill was in fact the result of a lover dying, not a separate deliberate kill.

That was just a theory, it was never proven correct. And a particularly unlikely theory, given the fact that Booker died previously and nothing happened. Also, the knife thing was the explanation Cameron gave me so it most definitely isn't a "fake excuse".

I also trust Cameron so I will vote: Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay).

So trustworthy people are 100% correct all the time? Good to know. :hmpf:

Why was Becka murdered the same night? So she could not revive Booker like she did Helen.

I guess you missed the fact that Becka had only claimed to have two-shots. Doesn't matter whether these accusations are true or fair though, as long as it can be used to make me look suspicious then it's fine. As for the "how did they know" question, I think the theory that the kidnapper also hijacks night actions was agreed as most likely. Becka had been kidnapped previously, when they used her ability to revive Felix - which makes it pretty clear that the scum knew Becka was the reviver before I was a mason.

That was just a theory, it was never proven correct. And a particularly unlikely theory, given the fact that Booker died previously and nothing happened. Also, the knife thing was the explanation Cameron gave me so it most definitely isn't a "fake excuse".

Fair enough. No one had mentioned that the kidnapping and hijacking were related, so I had no way of knowing.

So trustworthy people are 100% correct all the time? Good to know. :hmpf:

Someone who recently led a Demon conviction is more likely to be correct again than someone who hasn't done too much in the day threads to be begin with.

My vote stands where it is.

vote tally

Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay): 3 votes (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock, Inconspicuous)

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 1 vote (Lord Arjay)

043.jpg

It was late in the day and the remaining players just stood in the village square staring each other down. Gilbert Goat had fallen asleep standing up.

044.jpg

Suddenly Poncho Parrot (Shadows) ran into the square.

"I saw Cara Cow out in the forest practicing witchcraft and she turned me into a snail!" He cried, "I've only just now turned back to myself. I'm here to help!"

045.jpg

But, happy and adorable little animals didn't have very sharp long term memory.

"We don't remember you." Somebody said.

"You're probably another evil bird that Daxia sent to harm us." Somebody else added.

"No, I'm Pancho Parrot," Pancho told them, "I'm your mailman. Remember? I'm married to Mindy Mouse. Where is she?"

046.jpg

But, the townspeople were convinced that this was a devilish trick of the evil Daxia. They all took up weapons and started chasing poor Pancho Parrot out of the village. They were sad and frustrated, which resulted in a little blood lust.

047.jpg

So they were pretty disappointed when Pancho Parrot spontaneously combusted.

There are 24 hours left in the day. If you have voted and have no plans on changing your vote please start getting your night actions in so we can begin the next day thread promptly. Thank you.

Ahem... sorry to have fallen asleep, I don't cope well with sleepless nights! :wink:

The infiltration of the Temple by Kaley explains most of the unfortunate events of the last few days. It's at least obvious that someone must have infiltrated the Temple. I had doubts in the past about Cameron, but we had very enlightening conversations during the last few days that have helped clearing any misgivings between us. While in theory it's not totally impossible for Portia to be a Demon Legion, her recruitment to the Masons is much too recent for it to explain the terrible turn of events that began on Day 7. And I will be keeping an eye on Marcus who has maintained a low profile throughout this ordeal. However, first things first. I do hope that with Kaley's conviction we will have rid Spring Haven of the last of the Demon Legion.

Vote: Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay).

The infiltration of the Temple by Kaley explains most of the unfortunate events of the last few days.

Except the unfortunate events began before I was a mason, like when Helen was framed. As far as I can tell, the only real reason I'm being convicted because of a misinterpretation of a clue, despite the fact that Portia's previous actions make her much more likely to be scum. The fact that no-one can respond to my defence must say something.

Cameron, I immediately brought up both Cara's mentioning of the masons and the Baker and his Wife's death. Why would I do something like that if it pointed straight at me? As scum, surely the better thing to do would be to try and avoid putting myself in an "either it's her or me" situation by pretending not to notice anything. You know, like Portia did?

I hope you'll all reconsider, but if you're not going to change your votes then I want the vigilante to kill Portia tonight. If the Demon Legion haven't been eliminated with her death, Marcus should be voted out tomorrow. I'll be utterly annoyed if the village lose this by ignoring peoples behaviour, speculating and misinterpreting themselves to death.

So the one point in Portia's favour is that the clue would be too obvious, and thus cannot apply to her? That doesn't make much sense, as then it would point directly at me (or Edgar, I suppose). Besides, we saw that Bruno has been previously late despite his claims to have not had a night action. Surely that clue could be considered too obvious aswell? I know that was my opinion at first but it's been proven wrong. Dismissing clues on speculation about how obvious God would be is ridiculous.

The point in Portia's favour is not that 'the clue would be too obvious', but the temporal relationship. The warnings about the dire consequences of the temple being infiltrated appear after you were recruited, and before Portia was. How would God know the masons would recruit Portia? And I repeat - Portia was recruited and the Baker and his wife were killed the same night.

Yes, you told me you found something weird about the clue of Bruno being late, but you wouldn't say what, only that it would be an extremely unsubtle clue if Bruno were the arsonist. Which, as it happens, he was. However, you knew why Bruno was late - he later explained this himself - he was framed, in what turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt to divert attention from him. Bruno pointed out that Helen was late, the morning after we had a 'demon' investigation result against her. Therefore, your idea was to suggest Bruno had been framed by him appearing late. You framed one of your own. This would have been a stunningly clever move, had you not factored in one thing - we hadn't yet noticed the relationship between framing of investigation results and people appearing late the next day.

I only figured out the significance of the framing action after Bruno gave the game away. When we accused him, he immediately claimed he was framed. I doubt Bruno - who had contributed very little to the discussions previously - would have worked this out if he didn't already know about it.

The Framer

Day 2 - Brigit is late. Day 5 - Helen is late, and is found demon by investigation. Day 8 - Bruno is late. We were supposed to think he must have been framed, and therefore must be innocent. 'God's clues' are not 'God's' anything - they are a result of your action.

I gave you what is still (in my eyes) a very good reason. I felt it was better to go for Mndy first in order to gain information about Gilbert's alignment. I also suggested that the vigilante should kill Bruno the very same night, so I don't think it's fair to potray me as a defender of Bruno. It is true that I considered the possibility that Bruno was simply a confused townie, however I also said that I would have no objections if he was lynched or killed and that I still suspected him. In fact, yesterday I offered to accuse both Portia and Bruno but you told me to hold off to prevent a split in votes.

As I said, accusing Portia and Bruno would serve no purpose other than to confuse people and potentially split the vote. As to the vigiliante killing Bruno, perhaps you had a way of blocking the vigilante, or perhaps you knew that Bruno couldn't be killed at night because he was also Ninja.

You wanted to keep Bruno alive so that he could further thin down the numbers of innocent villagers. But you didn't know we had a blocker. And yes, you suggested going for Mindy first to gain information about Gilbert. But you knew that we wouldn't learn Mindy's alignment, didn't you?

The Janitor

Day 3 - no trace of Bristol. Day 6 - no trace of Sheldon. Day 9 - No trace of Mindy. The Janitor has been.

I think you got lucky with Booker, yes. But the kidnapping of Edgar was carefully planned, allowing you to kill both Horace and Gabby in one night. What the kidnapping does is exonerate Portia, who didn't know Edgar had a knife. What possible benefit would she have in kidnapping Edgar if she were the brown frog?

And this brings me nicely to:

The Kidnapper

Day 4 - Becka is missing, Felix is revived. Day 7 - Booker is missing, a knife handed to Bruno who uses it to kill Becka. Day 10 - Edgar is missing, his stolen knife used to slit Gabby's throat.

And now the pattern becomes clear. A frame, a Janitor and a kidnapping every three nights. This, I believe, is your demonic action. Only with Bruno gone, you are now also a killer.

Also, I've stated a high suspicion of Cara to at least three people (including yourself) in private from early on in the week. Unless you believe I'm scum who relentlessly backstabs my teammates even if they're under no pressure at all, then this is a point that you shouldn't ignore.

When you joined, it would have been clear that the evidence against Cara was already mounting. To have defended her at this stage would have been more suspicious.

Except the unfortunate events began before I was a mason, like when Helen was framed. As far as I can tell, the only real reason I'm being convicted because of a misinterpretation of a clue, despite the fact that Portia's previous actions make her much more likely to be scum. The fact that no-one can respond to my defence must say something.

Helen was an obvious choice for framing. She had already had suspicion cast upon her. You are being convicted through a careful analysis of events, and, as often happens at this stage of such circumstances, a process of elimination.

Cameron, I immediately brought up both Cara's mentioning of the masons and the Baker and his Wife's death. Why would I do something like that if it pointed straight at me? As scum, surely the better thing to do would be to try and avoid putting myself in an "either it's her or me" situation by pretending not to notice anything. You know, like Portia did?

It was obvious to you because you knew about it - because you are the infiltrator. It wasn't obvious to Portia or Edgar, who are trusting Townies. As to you bringing this to my attention, thank you for crediting me with intelligence, but you are crafty and you would have known that not bringing the subject up would look more suspicious.

I hope you'll all reconsider, but if you're not going to change your votes then I want the vigilante to kill Portia tonight. If the Demon Legion haven't been eliminated with her death, Marcus should be voted out tomorrow. I'll be utterly annoyed if the village lose this by ignoring peoples behaviour, speculating and misinterpreting themselves to death.

Let us hope it is not necessary. But we will decide our own actions, thank you.

How would God know the masons would recruit Portia? And I repeat - Portia was recruited and the Baker and his wife were killed the same night.

God wouldn't know, however the clue was clearly there to make the masons aware that the possibility of them being infiltrated did exist. And no matter how many times you repeat it, the fact that the baker and his wife were killed the same night doesn't mean anything, it's simply a case of you reaching the conclusion that the scum couldn't be that obvious. Unless you're trying to make a different point, in which case I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

Yes, you told me you found something weird about the clue of Bruno being late, but you wouldn't say what, only that it would be an extremely unsubtle clue if Bruno were the arsonist.

Which was an extremely valid observation. Just because I was correct doesn't mean I had prior knowledge about what happened. Otherwise the same could be said against anyone who has made accurate guesses over the course of the week. For example, I could claim that you are scum, because the only way you could have figured out that the Janitor and Kidnapper actions come from one source is if you had inside information about it. See how that works?

As I said, accusing Portia and Bruno would serve no purpose other than to confuse people and potentially split the vote.

Ah, so I - as scum- wanted to split the vote between both Portia and Bruno yesterday, despite the fact that Portia was likely to be convicted anyway and that my accusation could potentially cause my fellow scum to get convicted instead? That doesn't seem like a smart plan no matter which way you look at it. Perhaps the simpler and more sensical explanation - that I wanted to voice both of my suspicions - is correct instead?

As to the vigiliante killing Bruno, perhaps you had a way of blocking the vigilante, or perhaps you knew that Bruno couldn't be killed at night because he was also Ninja.

Even though the vigilante being blocked would make me look suspicious, and wouldn't improve Bruno's position at all? Again, why would I want to go through all that unnecessary risk which would achieve little when I could have simply ignored the issue?

But you knew that we wouldn't learn Mindy's alignment, didn't you?

No, I did not. Was it unreasonable to assume that we would learn Mindy's alignment?

What possible benefit would she have in kidnapping Edgar if she were the brown frog?

To prevent her victims from being protected? That would seem like a pretty good reason to remove someone.

When you joined, it would have been clear that the evidence against Cara was already mounting. To have defended her at this stage would have been more suspicious.

That isn't my point. I didn't defend her at any stage, and revealed my suspicion of her in private from as early as day one. Also on day one, I called out a group of four people - one of which was scum (possibly two, depending on Bristol). I could have easily just mentioned the entire bandwagon against Edgar, but instead I narrowed down my list of options.

It was obvious to you because you knew about it - because you are the infiltrator. It wasn't obvious to Portia or Edgar, who are trusting Townies. As to you bringing this to my attention, thank you for crediting me with intelligence, but you are crafty and you would have known that not bringing the subject up would look more suspicious.

Another case of "you worked it out, so you must have inside information"? May I point out that you had already arrived at the same conclusion, so claiming that only scum would realise what it meant is wrong. The clue wasn't exactly subtle, was it?

Let us hope it is not necessary. But we will decide our own actions, thank you.

Prepare to have your hopes shattered.

I know I'm not scum, which means Portia is. It's most likely that there's only one scum remaining, therefore she should be killed by the vigilante tonight if she is not convicted today.

God wouldn't know, however the clue was clearly there to make the masons aware that the possibility of them being infiltrated did exist. And no matter how many times you repeat it, the fact that the baker and his wife were killed the same night doesn't mean anything, it's simply a case of you reaching the conclusion that the scum couldn't be that obvious. Unless you're trying to make a different point, in which case I have no idea what you're trying to prove.

Well thank you for revealing that the killing of the Baker and his wife was a scum move. I had assumed it was a narrative point only. In my view this clinches it: how could the scum have known to kill the Bakers if their mole was only recruited that night?

Which was an extremely valid observation. Just because I was correct doesn't mean I had prior knowledge about what happened. Otherwise the same could be said against anyone who has made accurate guesses over the course of the week. For example, I could claim that you are scum, because the only way you could have figured out that the Janitor and Kidnapper actions come from one source is if you had inside information about it. See how that works?

So I'm correct about the Janitor and Kidnapper actions coming from the same source? Thank you. I had worked that out only after the pattern became clear, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Ah, so I - as scum- wanted to split the vote between both Portia and Bruno yesterday, despite the fact that Portia was likely to be convicted anyway and that my accusation could potentially cause my fellow scum to get convicted instead? That doesn't seem like a smart plan no matter which way you look at it. Perhaps the simpler and more sensical explanation - that I wanted to voice both of my suspicions - is correct instead?

I don't think Portia was likely to be convicted at that stage. And the original plan had been to focus on Bruno, as you know. I think you wanted to get people discussing Bruno early, so that he could reveal he'd been framed before it was too late, thus making him appear incontrovertibly innocent.

Even though the vigilante being blocked would make me look suspicious, and wouldn't improve Bruno's position at all? Again, why would I want to go through all that unnecessary risk which would achieve little when I could have simply ignored the issue?

But it was no risk if you knew Bruno was Ninja and couldn't be killed at night. And you were anxious to maintain your cover: I would have been more suspicious if you had sidestepped the issue.

And you tried to persuade me to offer the vigilante a choice of killing Bruno or Gabby (whom you knew to be innocent).

No, I did not. Was it unreasonable to assume that we would learn Mindy's alignment?

Yes if you knew she would be Janitored. As you've already confirmed that my deduction about your night role is correct: clearly you did know.

To prevent her victims from being protected? That would seem like a pretty good reason to remove someone.

As you well know, and did Portia, Edgar wasn't necessary for the protection to work. And Portia knew that Edgar wasn't protecting last night. But she didn't know he had the knife.

That isn't my point. I didn't defend her at any stage, and revealed my suspicion of her in private from as early as day one. Also on day one, I called out a group of four people - one of which was scum (possibly two, depending on Bristol). I could have easily just mentioned the entire bandwagon against Edgar, but instead I narrowed down my list of options.

I can't comment on what you might have said to other people, particularly if they're now dead. And it's the oldest scum trick in the book - to call out a list of suspicions, some scum, some not.

Another case of "you worked it out, so you must have inside information"? May I point out that you had already arrived at the same conclusion, so claiming that only scum would realise what it meant is wrong. The clue wasn't exactly subtle, was it?

It was subtle enough to evade the others concerned. 'A clue is a clue, not a giveaway'.

I know I'm not scum

Exactly what Portia said. Only she said it many times, in private and in thread: 'I am Village.' This is the first time you've said it.

Well thank you for revealing that the killing of the Baker and his wife was a scum move. I had assumed it was a narrative point only. In my view this clinches it: how could the scum have known to kill the Bakers if their mole was only recruited that night?

Now you're just being ridiculous. It is obvious that when I said "scum couldn't be that obvious" I didn't mean that I thought the scum randomly decided to kill the Baker and his Wife. I was clearly referring to the clue.

So I'm correct about the Janitor and Kidnapper actions coming from the same source? Thank you. I had worked that out only after the pattern became clear, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

No, I wouldn't know whether it is correct or not because I am Village. However, I feel your deductions about the scums abilities are likely to be true, given that we already know of the probable existance of a scum jack of all trades. But, there is no evidence that I am the one who has those abilities.

I don't think Portia was likely to be convicted at that stage. And the original plan had been to focus on Bruno, as you know. I think you wanted to get people discussing Bruno early, so that he could reveal he'd been framed before it was too late, thus making him appear incontrovertibly innocent.

Portia was likely to be convicted. You were planning on accusing her, and I offered to accuse both of them. I would have because I am Villlage, but you told me not to. I think you're just trying to explain to yourself why I am scum, as you really know the reasons given are extremely weak. I'll save you the bother: I am Village. If it takes my death before you realise that, then so be it. But I am Village, and none of the inane logic you think up will change that fact. I am Village and tomorrow when Portia has murdered yet another person you'll have to deal with it.

But it was no risk if you knew Bruno was Ninja and couldn't be killed at night. And you were anxious to maintain your cover: I would have been more suspicious if you had sidestepped the issue.

Oh, so Bruno was a ninja? I didn't know that - thanks for telling us. How many of the scum are ninjas now? Apparently I am, as was Cara and now Bruno aswell! I wonder what the point of the vigilante is if the majority of the scum are ninjas and cannot be killed at night?

And you tried to persuade me to offer the vigilante a choice of killing Bruno or Gabby

And yet I maintained that the result I wanted from offering a choice was Bruno's death. I made it pretty clear that I wanted to see if the vigilante went with his suspicion when asked, or if he went for the much easier to explain inactive kill.

(whom you knew to be innocent)

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

As you well know, and did Portia, Edgar wasn't necessary for the protection to work. And Portia knew that Edgar wasn't protecting last night. But she didn't know he had the knife.

Portia's trying to think of who she should kidnap. You're going to help her to get me lynched tomorrow, so you aren't the right choice. I'm the target, so she needs me to stick around, otherwise she can't wrongfully convict me. Everyone else doesn't have a full picture, as they aren't masons. Edgar's the obvious choice, as people listen to him and he is rightfully trusted.

I can't comment on what you might have said to other people, particularly if they're now dead.

So Gilbert never mentioned that I asked him specifically about Cara, giving my reasons for suspecting her - before I was a mason? How about Edgar, did he not mention that I called out Cara during my short conversation wih him on day one?

And it's the oldest scum trick in the book - to call out a list of suspicions, some scum, some not.

I could have stated suspicion of the entire bandwagon, as others were doing. Instead I called out a specific group of who I found most suspicious. Bruno was under no real suspicion, so I didn't need to call him out - but I did, because I am Village.

It was subtle enough to evade the others concerned.

It didn't evade your all-seeing eyes and it didn't evade mine either (though you're still convincing yourself that I'm scum, so that won't mean much to you). Therefore your initial point is clearly rubbish.

Exactly what Portia said. Only she said it many times, in private and in thread: 'I am Village.' This is the first time you've said it.

:hmpf:

The logic you're using against me is becoming particularly poor, but just to placate you I count six times I've mentioned the fact that I am Village. The fact that Portia has stated it repeatedly only makes her even more suspicious, as true villagers shouldn't feel the need to constantly let everyone know that they aren't scum unless being accused. Even then, it only needs to be said a few times.

So Gilbert never mentioned that I asked him specifically about Cara, giving my reasons for suspecting her - before I was a mason?

You did, you mentioned Cara among other people. But casting suspicions only on Villagers wouldn't look good in your resume down the road, would it?

The logic you're using against me is becoming particularly poor, but just to placate you I count six times I've mentioned the fact that I am Village.

Only after I told you to say it!

The fact that Portia has stated it repeatedly only makes her even more suspicious, as true villagers shouldn't feel the need to constantly let everyone know that they aren't scum unless being accused. Even then, it only needs to be said a few times.

But Portia was accused. It was the manner of Portia's private defence which convinced me. The only other person who presented such a strong, dogged defence, without resorting to insult or sarcasm, was Helen. I wish I had listened to her.

Everything fits with Kaley being the jack of all trades ninja brown frog. The warnings of infiltration appearing after she was recruited, Cara's awareness of the Masons, buying time for kills by deferring the lynching of Bruno, the kidnapping of Edgar... try to arrange the pieces of the jigsaw any other way and they just don't fit.

vote tally

Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay): 3 votes (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock, Inconspicuous)

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 1 vote (Lord Arjay)

A conviction has been reached. Kaley Cat (Lord Arjay) will be lynched. The day's conclusion will be up shortly. If you have not already done so, please get your night actions in ASAP. THanks you.