Sign in to follow this  
Paulski

LDD MOC: WW2 style destroyer

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is a destroyer based on the Polish WW2 destroyers "ORP Blyskawica" and "ORP Grom". At first I wanted to make it minifig scale, but it would be way too big (maybe some day... ;) ), so I decided to build it in system scale.

lddscreenshot6.png

lddscreenshot7.png

lddscreenshot8.png

Foreward cannons

lddscreenshot9.png

Bridge, with radar and AA guns

lddscreenshot10.png

Funnel and searchlight

lddscreenshot11.png

Twin bofors AA gun and torpedo tubes

lddscreenshot12.png

Rear cannons and AA guns

lddscreenshot13.png

Depth charges

lddscreenshot14.png

LXF File

Actually it should have 2 twin bofors, 2 sets of torpedo tubes and 2 rear turrets. But I could'n fit it all, and I didn't want to make the ship longer, because it would get way too long compared to the width.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Pretty neat LDD MOC Paulski! Even if it's not minifig-scale I must say it still looks really good as a system-scale model. Nice work! :thumbup:

This looks pretty nice. Good System-scale conversion of a model. The funnel especially looks good.

Always love to see naval vessels rendered in LEGO! You've captured the shape of one excellently, and the ship is detailed enough to look cool while not being supersaturated with them at the same time. The tilt of the funnel also really adds to the realism.

Nice, a very 'atlantic convoy' feeling to it, I like the forward guns and the AA positions. Overall, a very nice minifig scale build. :classic:

Hello!

A great naval fleet vessel! It has everything a small and agiledestroyer needs. I especially like the signal mast and the bridge. Goos job here! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher