Flare

MOC: Mission 5.3 - Sphinx of Cularin

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello folks! I bring you my latest MOC built for the 457th Corps on Flickr...

Mission 5.3: Sphinx of Cularin

As the 89th Legion approaches the surface, Sergeant Smash and his squad have a little surprise. Something shakes the floating rocks and 'Screws' loses his balance.

Suddenly, a huge Divto serpent rears its three ugly heads and startles the small crew.

'Easy': "Holy smokes, what is that beast!?"

'Smash': "Its a Divto serpent, be careful, it breathes poison like Count Dooku on a bad day! Shoot for the spot at the base of its three necks!"

'Screws': "Its awfully hard to hit it sir, these rocks keep moving and so does the serpent!"

5609703053_85def268e2_z.jpg

5610286632_30760c9f2a_z.jpg

5609711159_04ec21b748_z.jpg

5609716067_fd42570c7f_z.jpg

Sergeant Smash, which you can see better in this picture below.

5604924709_c58cb86e80_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :classic:

I like your sergeant Smash ! Very nice and original fig !

I couldn't make out the snake at first , I think it will work better in some brighter colouring ( I know that will be difficult ) .

Are those floating rocks ? Then try to keep the trans-clear parts to a minimum..

Get those clone's in the line of sight rule while shooting their weapons, that's a nit-pick-thing .

After saying that : It's 98 % perfect !! :laugh: You're very creative !!

Your sargent is amazing :wub: I'm not fond of lime green, but the overall minifig looks great.

Thanks, Saint, and Diaaabo! I'm glad both of you like the Sergeant, I like him a lot too :classic:

Yes, I'm not content with the snake but I haven't gotten anything else to work out. I probably did overdo it with the trans-clear pieces, didn't I? :grin: Thanks for your advice!

Excellent three headed monster there 'Flare', also great work on your custom figure....lime green is alright, because remember it's not easy being green ! :grin:

May the brick be with you 'Flare' ! :grin:

Excellent three headed monster there 'Flare', also great work on your custom figure....lime green is alright, because remember it's not easy being green ! :grin:

May the brick be with you 'Flare' ! :grin:

Thanks, lightningtiger! :grin:

Very interesting vig Flare! Somehow this reminds me of Masked Builder's previous builds with the floating rocks and the brickbuilt creatures. I must say that custom Sgt. Smash is very well done. :thumbup:

Very interesting vig Flare! Somehow this reminds me of Masked Builder's previous builds with the floating rocks and the brickbuilt creatures. I must say that custom Sgt. Smash is very well done. :thumbup:

Thanks Kiel! :classic: They might be similar because they are built for the same group/missions :grin: Thanks again!

I like what you've done for your base my friend. :thumbup: The base is a bit too green for me though. And I still think my rocks are better. :laugh:

I like what you've done for your base my friend. :thumbup: The base is a bit too green for me though. And I still think my rocks are better. :laugh:

Thanks :classic: Its a jungle planet, Justin (Justin Pyne, the founder of the 457th Corps, for you nosy people) said that it was like a mix between Felucia and Endor... so I'm right and you're wrong :tongue:

And my rocks are better, duh. Everyone thought so :tongue:

Nice work, Flare. Sergeant Smash is an excellent custom. I see Masked isn't the only one using the base idea...

Nice work, Flare. Sergeant Smash is an excellent custom. I see Masked isn't the only one using the base idea...

Thanks, Brickdoctor :sweet:

This is great! The platforms, the minifigures, the accessories for the minifigs, the grass, the border.

Everything is well done. I do recommend though covering up the grey line on the back of the serpent. :classic:

This is great! The platforms, the minifigures, the accessories for the minifigs, the grass, the border.

Everything is well done. I do recommend though covering up the grey line on the back of the serpent. :classic:

Thank you very much! :classic:

Nice work Flare.

The base is awesome - so much greenery and greeble :wub:

The rocks are well designed too - it's been a while since I've seen studded plate rocks working as well as yours are. :thumbup:

I'd better blog this at some point - must wait for the UCS to turn into 'old news' first :laugh:

Nice work Flare.

The base is awesome - so much greenery and greeble :wub:

The rocks are well designed too - it's been a while since I've seen studded plate rocks working as well as yours are. :thumbup:

I'd better blog this at some point - must wait for the UCS to turn into 'old news' first :laugh:

Thanks very much, Kim! I'm glad you like it so much. :sweet: I'm looking forward to seeing it on the blog :tongue:

Hmm

Great MOC Flare, Love the rocks, but the transparent bricks are a bit distracting, maybe if you use the STAP stick pieces?

Like the custom clone too.

Hmm

Great MOC Flare, Love the rocks, but the transparent bricks are a bit distracting, maybe if you use the STAP stick pieces?

Like the custom clone too.

Hmmm I'll need to get some of those. I think I know which piece that is, it looks like I'll be ordering from bricklink soon :wink:

Thanks! He's purist though :tongue: