Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia: Day Nine

For all intents and purposes, it is possible you started out a happy forest friend like us, but perhaps you were swayed by the Demon Legion's promises of glory or something. I can't find any hints in what you say that you are one of us, to me it's just a convincing excuse from a Demonaire. So, Portia Poodle... Furry Forest Friend...or Foe? :tongue:

Mod note: Wow, Shadows, these new characters hardly stand a chance... :sceptic:

:laugh: :laugh:

Ok, some new information has come up, and it seems I've been misled. :blush:

It seems Portia Poodle is not the brown frog we're looking for, and I believe she is probably a loyal member of the Village. Portia, I am sorry.

Unvote: Portia Poodle (Cornelius Murdock)

I had wondered why so many people were convinced the arsonist didn't strike last night because they were blocked, when there were several other reasons to explain the lack of arson action. However, it appears that there was indeed a block performed last night.

The Case Against Bruno Bear

Remember yesterday, when I said there were two people who had aroused my suspicions due to their voting habits? We chose to lynch Mindy Mouse, and unfortunately her alignment was not revealed.

However, every argument I leveled against Mindy could also apply to one other - Bruno Bear. His voting pattern is pretty much identical to Mindy's. Additionally, we have the evidence that he was late in joining the village yesterday morning.

You might not think that means much. Helen was late on day 5, and Brigit on day 2, and they were both later confirmed Villagers. However, both had night actions which had been helping the town. Bruno, however, has told me privately that he has no night action, so he has no reason to be late.

And I have learned that Bruno Bear was the person who was blocked last night.

This by no means confirms that Bruno is the arsonist, but I have been suspicious of Bruno for some time, and the blocking action adds weight to this. Arsonist or not, I am convinced he is up to no good, and likely to be a member of the Demon Legion.

Vote: Bruno Bear (Scouts)

Additionally, we have the evidence that he was late in joining the village yesterday morning.

You might not think that means much. Helen was late on day 5, and Brigit on day 2, and they were both later confirmed Villagers. However, both had night actions which had been helping the town. Bruno, however, has told me privately that he has no night action, so he has no reason to be late.

I don't know what to say. I fear that whatever I do say is not going to change much. It rarely does. You PMed me and I gave you my loyalty. Then you stopped chatting with me and that was that :sceptic: . I didn't take it to heart, but now I see why.

To be honest, I don't know why I was late that day. I wasn't notified of any sort of oversleeping. And I don't know why any night action that I would have would delay me in the morning either. There's only been three instances of tardiness. Brigit, Helen, and myself. Don't you think that's too often a time that people have been delayed by a night action? I have rarely seen it so. No. No, no, no. I suspect that this is something to do with the DL, to make people look scum. It worked on Helen, didn't it? I'm being framed here!

My voting pattern is as it is. I'm not focusing every minute of my day to this game...of life, so, excuse me if I'm late or have not much time to add a big description of why I'm voting for particular person. It usually is just a bandwagon we follow.

But this is as it is. I have no friends. Lonely bear me :sad: . The only one who trusted me was Mindy and I blew that in her face. I still don't believe Mindy was scum, just another cover up like Bristol. With no friends, I only have my word to give to you. I don't expect you to believe me. Only Cameron. He's gotten us up the mountain. Look, we're nearly there! Sure, there was some he ratted out, but also some of the good folks who had the unfortunate fate of falling off that mountain, to his lead. This is what I get for not reaching out behind the scenes. I find myself alone.

I don't know why I came in late (besides speculation of evil afoot) and I don't know why the arsonist was stopped today. It's beyond my knowledge. I just know that I've been a sheep.

There's not a thing one can say without getting suspicion immediately thrust upon him, here or in private. There's just no avoiding it.

What can I do to help the village? I can vote. That's what I can do. I do that and wait and cower in fear at night, waiting to see if I'm going to be burned alive, attacked by an imaginary crow, or what else have you. It's been a long game...of life, and I could only do so much as vote. Vote and hope we got the right person.

I'll keep my vote on Portia, because Cameron likes to keep things to himself until they are most convenient to be put out to us and it so happens that the Baker and the Wife have died the very night Portia was invited to the masons. To me, that's a bigger offense than being tardy.

This is a very important new discovery and I hate to lose an innocent villager, so first of all, I will unvote first and give some serious thoughts to Bruno's matter first, hopefully before the time is up to make my final voting decision.

I'm not entirely regretful that I'm alone, though, and am glad my only private talks was with Mr. Cameron, else I'd be more muddled in those politics.

No, without that occupying my mind, I learn to be more observant.

It's a blessing and a curse, I suppose.

Oh, I hate unvoting. But very well. I find it unlikely that Rufus, Portia, and the others are all scum, so I still trust him. I'm not so sure about this Bruno Bear thing though...

vote tally

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 5 votes (Lord Arjay, Ricecracker, Inconspicuous, Fugazi, Scouts)

Bruno Bear (Scouts): 2 votes (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock)

* votes appearing in Rouge cannot be unvoted.

It seems Portia Poodle is not the brown frog we're looking for, and I believe she is probably a loyal member of the Village. Portia, I am sorry.

I had wondered why so many people were convinced the arsonist didn't strike last night because they were blocked, when there were several other reasons to explain the lack of arson action. However, it appears that there was indeed a block performed last night.

And I have learned that Bruno Bear was the person who was blocked last night.

Hmm, this is a sudden change. :sceptic: I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Did the blocker just start talking? Or have you been in contact for a while? If they just started talking to you, they could be a member of Demon Legion trying to convince us not to lynch Portia, if it's possible that two scum remain.

I have given a lot of heavy thoughts into this matter...

We had lost many of our allies among us and now having to see so many deaths happening around us made this entire situation to look extremely grim.

Grim, is the word which the darkest moment that shroud upon us...

To be very honest, Cameron is one of the most trustworthy villager left among us and I hate to doubt his judgement especially at this critical stage. I strongly believe we should support him in this pursit.

I am not sure what entails the entire arguement behind the private scenes but judging from all of the recent happenings, I could really imagine lots of unexpected dialogues are happening behind our backs. It could be good or bad and it is only a matter of thin visible line that make our decision.

Even though time is running out and to show my support for Cameron, I too will also follow this vote, not for the sake of bandwagon but to make sure we eliminate the suspects listing based on priority.

Sorry Bruno...

Well, I guess I'll give this one a shot. No take-backsies now.

Yeah well so much for the frog story. It does make sense, but it would appear that Portia may not be Demon after all.

I'm afraid that time is running short, and there's a case against Bruno. Are we to trust the blocker, or the bear?

In the interest of having a conviction, and given the evidence presented,

And may this be the right decision.

vote tally

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 4 votes (Lord Arjay, Ricecracker, Inconspicuous, Scouts)

Bruno Bear (Scouts): 5 votes (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock, WhiteFang, iamded, Fugazi)

For the sake of a conviction, I think it's necessary to:

I trust Edgar and Cameron, so hopefully this is the right choice.

It's a fair cop. :cry_sad:

I'm never answering another private talk ever again.

It's...it's this odd experience. I've never quite felt it before. I've brushed with it before, but this time it's for sure. It's no use resisting it. I've done my woes, now it's time to rest eternally. Tip, top. I've got my watch. Take me away!

vote tally

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock): 3 votes (Lord Arjay, Ricecracker, Scouts)

Bruno Bear (Scouts): 5 votes (Rufus, CorneliusMurdock, WhiteFang, iamded, Fugazi, Inconspicuous)

A conviction had been reached. Bruno Bear (Scouts) will be lynched.

019.jpg

Bruno Bear's accusers, Cameron Crocodile and a very relieved Portia Poodle, led Bruno to the gallows.

020.jpg

He didn't put up a struggle. Like a true gentleman he accepted his fate with dignity.

021.jpg

"Fellow citizens of Spring Haven," Bruno Bear addressed the crowd, "I hope my death brings you answers in this time of great struggle against the forces of evil. Like an old watch that is beyond repair, I suppose I'm just not useful to this village anymore, other than to help solve the mysteries of the evils that plague us. I guess it's time for this tired lonely old bear to move on to the next great adventure."

"Where does this tired old bear crap suddenly come from?" Someone in the crowd muttered.

022.jpg

Suddenly, Daxia appeared...and she brought trouble with her ... :devil: ...

Day 9 is now over. Please get your night actions in ASAP. The sooner I get them, the sooner Day 10 can start. You have 24 hours to get them in. Thank you.