Gunner

LDD MOC: Asajj Ventress Ginivex Starfighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everyone. :classic:

I present you my attempt in this elegant vessel. According to Wookieepedia, only six of these starfighters were produced, exclusively for Asajj Ventress. My model is based on its latest appearance, in the episode "Nightsisters" of The Clone Wars TV show. Although Wookieepedia also says that this version is the same version of the 2003's Star Wars: Clone Wars minisseries they are clearly different, I will highlight some of these differences along this topic. Enough talking, let's move onto the MOC, shall we?

Reference picture:

reference.png

Unfortunately, this was the best picture I could find, of this version. I suggest you watch the episode, if you want. It's a very good one. :laugh:

MOC:

fanblade_starfighter.png

Landed:

fanblade_starfighter_1.png

Here you can see two laser cannons, while the 2003 version had 4.

Side view:

fanblade_starfighter_2.png

I've decided to keep the sail when closed, although the 2011 version's sail seems to be made of pure energy. I did it just to fill the space. :grin:

Cargo compartments:

fanblade_starfighter_3.png

To hold her lightsabers, of course! :laugh:

Sail opened:

fanblade_starfighter_5.png

Sail opened(back):

fanblade_starfighter_7.png

Top view(with Droid Tri-Fighter for comparison):

sizes.png

You must have noted that the sail can't be folded. That would be impossible to do with bricks and plates, but I believe that might become possible if the sail was made of fabric. :sceptic:

If TLC ever decide to do a set of the fighter they will come up with the solution.

Also I couldn't achive a perfectly round cockpit. Any suggestions are welcome.

Brickshelf folder: Ginivex Starfighter Gallery (when public)

Wookieepedia page: Ginivex Starfighter

Thanks for reading.

Gunner

Great job as always with Star Wars LDD MOCs, Gunner! :thumbup: I do appreciate how you noted the differences in the craft - most people don't notice those kinds of errors in CW.

You must have noted that the sail can't be folded. That would be impossible to do with bricks and plates, but I believe that might become possible if the sail was made of fabric. :sceptic:

If TLC ever decide to do a set of the fighter they will come up with the solution.

*cough*Solar Sailor*cough*

Ooh very nice LDD MOC Gunner! For some reason I've always wanted to see this as a Lego set ever since I saw this on the '03 series, and now seeing this digital design it looks like it can be done (of course without the brickbuilt 'fan wing'). I do agree that some sort of fabric would have to be used for a completely functional folding mechanism to work.

Very nice, your LDDs are some of the finest I've seen. Have you considered making any of these in the bricks? That would make them all the more impressive :sweet:

Nicely done, I very much like the cockpit area and the cargo compartments are a nice touch.

As for "fabric sail": Might be possible, if very hard to do. The folds would need to be very exact.

It looks great Gunner.

The sail might be a bit too thick, but I especially like the lightsabre holders :thumbup:.

Maybe the differences between the CW, and TCW versions is just variations in the ship, if all 6 versions where given to AV then She might have customized them with extra guns. (not a contradiction between CW and TCW :laugh:)

Now that is a COOL LDD creation there 'Gunner', if only Lego would do this design as a real set ! :grin:

LDD On 'Gunner' ! :wink:

Nicely done, I very much like the cockpit area and the cargo compartments are a nice touch.

As for "fabric sail": Might be possible, if very hard to do. The folds would need to be very exact.

love the look of it - I'm sure I can remember seeing an actual brick version of this ... with folding sails, though it wasn't as sleek as this one...

found it, now have to hope I've inserted the link correctly...

This

Edited by helicaon