Year: 1995 - (1997?)

Pieces: 50

Minifig(s): 1

Price: $4.50 (Brickset.com)

Won: $2 (eBay)

Theme/ Subtheme: Town/ Fire

6525.jpg

Hello EBer's,

This is my first review. I decided on something easy. I am a BIG classic Town fan and recently won this set from eBay a few weeks ago. I just got around to cleaning and assembling it. I have another but, it isn't complete nor has the instructions. This came with 6533 Police 4 x 4, which is what I really wanted, as well as the instructions. I plan on a review for that, if this goes over well. I hope you enjoy taking a step back to the classics! :classic:

Start with the piece layout... A whopping fifty pieces! Those on the cross walk are the specialty but, wait no ax? or hammer? :look:

review_6525-1.jpg

The fire man has the smiley face with the large handle bar mustache, I may put that head on one of the minifigs from the Fire Brigade. He looks a bit out dated. Now with the build. The wheels, chassis, and body, enough explained.

review_6525-2.jpg

Next are the doors, windshield, and other accessories. Almost done..

review_6525-3.jpg

Ready for duty!

review_6525-4.jpg

Pulling into the station, no fires today

review_6525-5.jpg

Final thoughts: Its's a neat set to have but, only good for another fireman and adding another vehicle to your town. It's playability is average, and with no axe, I think this "Commander" may need a refresher coarse. The retail value was a about right but, seems high to me. I'm glad I found it on eBay, though. I am pleased to have another one of these. At least this one was 100% complete. Thanks for reading! Suggestions and comments welcomed on this presentaion :classic:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud
Indexed

Thanks 'Leg Godt Gud' for this review, a nice classic town fire car ! :sweet:

You could see the now fire sets back even then.....but after '97 Lego backpedaled didn't they - rememeber Town Jr. ! :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Nice small review! I enjoy jeep like vehicles in city. It seems you love fire stuff eh? :classic:

Thanks again, 'Flb' If you think I, love fire, you should see the Police force :classic:

Thanks 'Leg Godt Gud' for this review, a nice classic town fire car ! :sweet:

You could see the now fire sets back even then.....but after '97 Lego backpedaled didn't they - rememeber Town Jr. ! :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Oh yeah, I consider sets from late 97'- 04'? to be TLG "dark age". Not a whole lot of awesome came to the city during that time :sick: Talk about "big (and little) ugly chassis pieces) :laugh: At least 'Town Jr.' gave us a bank, a s****y one but, one no less :classic:

Town Jr > World City = my dark age