Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

La Annyssa

Well, I'm still working on the HMS Swordmaiden, but a friend wanted me to design a new ship, and I let her determine the nationality. It's an Italian ship, so it's slightly not historially accurate, I believe.

Thank God for the new LDD Extended edition!

0001.jpg

The building up of the gundeck:

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

You can see the captain's cabin in the works.

0005.jpg

004.jpg

0006.jpg

What do you uys think so far?

I don't see many green ships around here, but it doesn't look bad and I've seen it before in a realistic comic series :pir-classic:

The curve in the gunport line is nice too. I would only remove the side window closest to the stern on both sides.

If ships don't have real side galleries, there's usually just one side window on each side.

Good luck with this ship. You could try to make the same gunportline curve on the Swordmaiden.

Wow, your dry docks are working over time, that gun curve is really nice!

As Admiral Croissant said, the green looks very good, if perhaps inaccurate. (Though I think the Russians used green) Nice job KingoftheZempk. :cannon:

Thanks guys! I took your advice, Admiral Croissant, and removed the extra windows. Here are more pics from today.

I'm only going to have it at one gundeck for sake of time, and because I think I like it like this.

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

The windows were removed (as said before) and here the stairs to the poop deck have been added.

0009.jpg

The decks will be tan, giving the ship some more color and some variation.

0010.jpg

Almost complete on the deck. If you look closely, there are some crates for cannonballs.

0011.jpg

Thanks, efullner! And now, without further ado, I present La Annyssa.

0012.jpg

The figure head:

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

0015.jpg

0016.jpg

And the ship sailing off to battle:

0017.jpg

What do you guys think? :pir-blush:

Agreed. It's a nice ship, but the stern can be improved.

I would make the poop deck more narrow in the back en let it get wider towards the front.

And I would make the poop deck longer, almost to the main mast, like on this ship.

Also, the sails at the bottom of the masts are usually the largest, and upwards they get smaller and smaller (as you can also see on the picture).

Outside of that you did a rather good job :thumbup:

A really nice ship you have there! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But the french spelling rules say that La becomes L' if the next word begins with a vowel.

So it should be L'Annyssa. :classic:

Sorry for this nitpicking but I thought I'd just let you know. :classic:

nicely done!

Edited by dr jones

Thanks everyone! My friend absolutely loved the ship. :pir-classic: I'm pretty happy with how it came out, and maybe another time I will revisit it to improve.

Oh, and dr. jones, sorry about that. I only know Spanish :pir-tongue:

Thanks guys. I agree, the green gives it a different kind of feel. I don't know if it makes it feel "warmer" or more "homey" in a sense. The simplicity actually turned out better than I had hoped, as I was in a rush to complete it.