Sign in to follow this  
willy_poodle

Unremovable technic pins

push it through from the back side using either a 4l lightsaber bar (but not a transparent one), 1x1 cone or another pin.

I tried to push it out with technic X rod, but it's not a usual pin.

I would have to squeeze it somehow but there's no room.

Well, they're made not to be removable (I'm pretty sure they come from Jack Stone and 4+ sets, so parts that small can't be removed for safety reasons). I don't know if there would be any easy way to remove them. Heat would be an easy solution, but since both the pins and the part they're in are made from the same plastic that'd probably just destroy both parts, rendering the effort useless.

Think you could use a knife to scrape off the inside rim that holds them in? (i.e. the place where there'd be a tiny ridge at each end of a regular pin). Alternatively, if you use a drill to remove the core of the pin, it might break more easily and come out. But you'd have to be delicate doing such things.

Squeeze the raised parts in with small pliers, gently wiggle the pin out.. best to lock the part in place with something.. tried that myself and that works like a charm.

Just remember you can't use the pins any more.

grtz Saint

I have a small set of pliers that I use exclusively for my Lego (disassembling ksy chains, mostly), but even that is too big for what you need. I would use tweezers, becasue they have tongs thin enough to get in where you need them. This happened to me once and I think I broke the pin with my exacto knife.

I would have suggested pushing it out from the other side using a similar Technic pin, but if it's not a regular pin but instead is something special as Aanchir suggests, my next suggestion would be to ask TLG themselves for guidance. If it's designed to be removable at all, they should be able to help.

They are not designed to be removed. I've got a nice stack of 4x6 technic with open centres with 2 of those pins stuck to them.

The trick is , the end is raised and the rest is like a normal pin, so the middle is raised too .

interesting tobic as i am from the tecknic section :laugh: yes use a small set of pliers (long nosed) and pull from inside the pin