Sign in to follow this  
Walter

Pirates Of The Caribbean Themed Vigs

Hello all! I'm rather new here, so I figure I should introduce myself.

I'm Walter.

Yeah, not much to it. I recently built a series of three Pirates Of The Caribbean themed vignettes, based off the classic attraction from Disneyland and Walt Disney World. I have to say I took more inspiration from the Walt Disney World ride, as that is the only one I've ever riden. However if it weren't for Disneyland we wouldn't have Disney World or Pirates Of The Caribbean! (Plus the Disneyland version has more and it is longer)

Being a fan of Disney's theme parks and a lover of the POTC films and ride, I decided to make these. They've been built for weeks.

I just got around to finding the best pics and uploading them.

5590129320_1b4bf65beb_z.jpg

If ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirates' curse, proceed...

- Davy Jones

5591871115_49863219d0_z.jpg

Arghh! Where Be The Treasure?

5595411837_bdab3e00d5_z.jpg

Give us the keys you scurvy lil' beast!

I hope you enjoyed the vigs.

Link to entire set!

Cheers!

-Walter

Edited by Walt

Welcome to the site Walter!

These are some really nice vigs, you clearly have a good MOCing ability. The first one is my favorite with the rushing water, but the other ones are fantastic as well. I particularly like the arches in the second one; the added detailing really makes them pop. Your pictures show off the creations perfectly, too.

I eagerly await seeing some more MOCs from you in the future. :pir-classic:

Nice vignettes, Walter! I love the water on the first one, and the building on the second is brilliant. The way you made the dog hold the key on the third one is very clever. Well done, and welcome to Eurobricks!

These are pretty great. I really love the water detail on the first one. I'm just curious, are those bandanas orange? and if so, where did you get them?

These are pretty great. I really love the water detail on the first one. I'm just curious, are those bandanas orange? and if so, where did you get them?

Nah, they're red. They just look a little orange-y because of the light.

On topic, great vigs. The first on really stands out to me, maybe because I haven't seen anyone build that scene yet. Really well done.

They are all great! I especially love the Dog scene...it's so accurate. Every time I was at the Disneyland Park I visited this attraction over and over again... :pir-classic:

Expect it to be [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon

Hello, Walt. Welcome to EuroBricks!

These are really cool and beautiful vignettes. I love the water (or ice?) on the first photo and the color gamut. :pir-classic:

Perfect work!

Edited by Corioso

These are terrific! I especially found the last one very recognizable.

The MOC's all have some great features. I like the waves in the first one, the well and arches in the second and how the dog holds the key in the third.

And welcome to Eurobricks. Good introduction :pirate:

Just saw these yesterday on your Flickr! Good stuff, definately my favorite attraction at Disney, though I havent been there since the movies were released. Welcome to the forum!

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

Thank you for all the kind comments and welcomes! I appreciate it. I'm glad you all enjoyed the vigs.

And to clarify for Fives, they are red bandannas, just like Punkkid pointed out. Orange would've actually been useful if Lego produced them in that color, because one or two characters actually have orange rag wraps on the Disney attraction.

I love the water (or ice?) on the first photo and the color gamut. :pir-classic:

Yeah, it's water, but I understand how it looks like ice. The following scene isn't as iconic as

most from the attraction, but I always enjoyed it from the ride. It's one of the only 'skeleton' pirate scenes in Disney World's version.

Yeah, it's water, but I understand how it looks like ice. The following scene isn't as iconic as

most from the attraction, but I always enjoyed it from the ride. It's one of the only 'skeleton' pirate scenes in Disney World's version.

Yeah. It looks like ice, or like very turbulent waves. :pir-sweet:

Oh, how I wish to visit these arrractions! It were these attractions that gave inspiration to my favourite film! :pir-wub:

I love how you did the torn sails with the skeleton arms, brilliant.

Thank you for the kind posts! And thank you, Skalldyr, for the blog post aswell! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you for the kind posts! And thank you, Skalldyr, for the blog post aswell! :pir_laugh2:

I love your signature, very classy :pirate: