Davor

WIP Davor & Kost Tatooine diorama

Update...2 new baseplates....new building & small junkyard (not yet finished, waiting for tiles to arrive)...gray building with circules raised 4 bricks...

img2698s.jpg

img2689l.jpg

img2691i.jpg

img2692h.jpg

Edited by Davor

Someone posted their own tattooine MOC and it reminded me of this one! Any new updates?

For now it looks very impressive, I'm sure that when it's finished its going to be EPIC!

Šteta što je izložba u Primoštenu, sigurno neću moći iči na izložbu da vidim uživo :sad:

Very nice WIP Davor! I like the greebling on the top of the grey building. I can't wait to see all of it done!

That is just unbelievably sweet looking from the buildings to the piles of "trash" around the structures to the speeders. AWESOME!!!

Looks incredible together so far. The new domes are nice; they give it a smoother look.

tnx.

still long way to go....this isn`t a half of diorama yet.......

domes are cool...but still need to to fill the holes where hinges go on the back of the domes, will use tan panel bricks 1x2.

Edited by Davor

*oh2*

Just one word: stunning.

Very nice!!!! I keep expecting to see a large landing area nearby sized to fit a #10179 Millennium Falcon. :)

update 24.5.2011.

Small imperfections will be fixed soon.

Hangar "B"

18799197.jpg

48158824.jpg

10020750.jpg

Edited by Davor

Nice job, Davor. Not sure if it looks too boxy, though. A differently angled side might give it some nice variation.

Fantastic work so far Davor and Kost, it's great to see this progressing so nicely - only wish I could see the physical thing!

If I may suggest: the tan structures all look very smooth and uniformly coloured. Don't you think they'd benefit from some weathering or inconsistencies in the surfaces? Alternate colouring, nicks and dents, etc?

Sweet !! :grin:

I'm going to follow this tread ! Can't wait to see more :sweet: !

I like this a lot. I particularly like how the color selection avoids what I consider a weak point of many Tatooine MOCs, where the buildings and ground are almost entirely tan everywhere - in the "real" Tatooine it looks fine since the different textures, etc. still "break up" the monotony, but in LEGO, where it's all bricks, it tends to blend everything together. Here, though, the different colors used for so many buildings and details avoid this sort of visual mess, while still maintaining a Tatooine-y look. I'm personally planning on skewing mine a bit lighter (more white than grey, etc.), simply because "brighter" works more nicely for me (and feels more "LEGO-y"), but that's just a personal preference. This is great!

:thumbup: