KimT

What did you get to get the exclusive fig?

I got the UCS JSF, I know is a bad set but couldnt resist to get the free poster ands ARF fig. In my order confimation there is no word of the poster or ARF fig so I called Lego Austrlaia and am still waiting to hear back from them. I will let you know if I doi get the free items. I will be conplaining if I dont as I only bought the JSF for the the free stuff.

Since ARF trooper is my kids favorite figure, I ordered the lego SW on the 3rd of may around midnight and ARF troopers were already in back order (in France).

I phoned today to LEGO to have a status and they told me they would fill the back orders so they were sending me a bobba fett keyring.

I cancelled my order unfortunatly some of the lego had already been shipped so it will cost me at least some time at the post-office.

Seing people stockpiling ARF trooper is a bit offsetting :angry:

Since ARF trooper is my kids favorite figure, I ordered the lego SW on the 3rd of may around midnight and ARF troopers were already in back order (in France).

I phoned today to LEGO to have a status and they told me they would fill the back orders so they were sending me a bobba fett keyring.

I cancelled my order unfortunatly some of the lego had already been shipped so it will cost me at least some time at the post-office.

Seing people stockpiling ARF trooper is a bit offsetting :angry:

So wait you said that S@H will fill the back orders? Is that back orders of ARF troopers or back orders of SW lego items people ordered? You mentioned the Boba Fett keychain is that as a "We are sorry gift" or as a replacement for the ARF Shadow Trooper?

Why would you be mad? It is not my fault that lego S&H did not portion out enough ARFs to meet demand. It is like Toy Story toys when the first movie came out or like Series 1 Collectible Minifigures.

I am lucky that my local Lego store has them and willing to sell them to me. I just sold out of all my ARFs in fact and I need to get more.

I think S@H did not anticipate the large demand. If they were smart they would recall all the extra figures from the stores and fulfill "back ordered" ARF troopers.

Edited by Solscud007

Sorry my bad they said they would NOT fill the back orders. The crappy bobba fett key chain was a replacement (at least I would have like them to give me the choice to cancel the order)

Anyway I'm not really mad those are only toys after all ;-)...however I'll think twice before ordering again at S@H.

Sorry my bad they said they would NOT fill the back orders. The crappy bobba fett key chain was a replacement (at least I would have like them to give me the choice to cancel the order)

Anyway I'm not really mad those are only toys after all ;-)...however I'll think twice before ordering again at S@H.

May I ask, what country are you living in?

@ Solscud007 : Shame on you. ---oo.gif

I just called LEGO and they said I will be just a few days later from my order..

You got me worried there for a bit :tongue:

looks like i wont get mine...

and when i see people can just go to a store and buy some...

thing is i have no store close by...

oh well...looks like i will have to pass on that one!

I got notice that my ARF was shipped even though I ordered a backordered item. Glad I caught a rep on a good day.

So possible good news for those left out.

I went back the my local Lego store and they are NOT allowed to sell them anymore. So what could this mean? Perhaps I was right and they are recalling the remaining to fulfill orders for those who ordered them. I would call in the next few days, just keep calling.

I mean why else would they stop selling them? I can think that perhaps TLG plans to reuse these for another event. Just like how the White Boba Fett was at SW Celebration AND SDCC last year. Then White Boba showed up in the UK as a store exclusive.

So who knows what TLG will do with the ARF troopers this year. Maybe they will use them for SDCC and SW Celebration again?

Keep a look out, I dont think this is the last we will have seen of the ARF Shadow Troopers.

I mean why else would they stop selling them?

To avoid people like you.

Obvious-Master.jpg

Edited by Anio

To avoid people like you.

Obvious-Master.jpg

haha very funny. Seriously I dont understand the animosity. So far everyone I have dealt with are very happy with the service I am providing. But good things come to an end.

Hope all of you who were short changed will get theirs.

My order came yesterday (minus the preordered MBA kit # 1, of course), a full four days earlier than the May 9th date cited as the anticipated delivery date on the shipment tracking page - wow! I'm thrilled to finally have a couple nifty classic SW items most others here probably already got a long time ago. The ARF Trooper and poster were also both included.

:thumbup:

Well I bought Fallingwater, as I pretty much have all the current SW sets except the AT-AT, Tantive IV, Death Star and Cad Bane's thing: none of which were appealing enough to fork out for just to get a black clone fig. It did still get added to the order though, then went to backordered and today I got a mail saying they're sending a Boba Fett Keyring instead.

I'm not too fussed though, I'm more looking forward to the Jack Sparrow one that comes with preordering the Lego PotC game.

I got notice that my ARF was shipped even though I ordered a backordered item. Glad I caught a rep on a good day.

Same, I just got an e-mail about it.

It's a pity that not everyone got the same deal... :sceptic:

Same, I just got an e-mail about it.

It's a pity that not everyone got the same deal... :sceptic:

Moreover, although I ordered Tantive IV backordered and will ship May 22... I just got a shipping email.

I ordered the AT-AT and the Maersk train last week - shipping was free, Star Wars poster and exclusive ARF trooper mini-figure would be included.

I received my order today, AT-AT looks fantastic, Maersk train looks iconic, Star Wars poster looks nice BUT no ARF trooper minifigure included ... DISAPPOINTING!

Edited by mrq1975

I ordered the AT-AT and the Maersk train last week - shipping was free, Star Wars poster and exclusive ARF trooper mini-figure would be included.

I received my order today, AT-AT looks fantastic, Maersk train looks iconic, Star Wars poster looks nice BUT no ARF trooper minifigure included ... DISAPPOINTING!

Hmm. Check your order confirmation. Then raise hell with the Customer Service people. If your order says you get one, then you should get one.

I oredered just over £50 of sw lego on May 4th and recieved it today with no Arf figure included...

I rang lego customer service and they said that my order was made too late in the day on the 4th, and all stock had gone by then... however during my conversation he said Lego were really surprised by the demand of this promtion and had been caught unawares to it's huge popularity... he said it was their best promo response, but not quite anticipating it's demand led to a low number of figs made...

...I mentioned that the only option for me now would be Ebay or Bricklink, he said that he had been looking at ebay himself and that he was surprised to see a figure for sale upto £30, but importantly he added that lego had noticed that as well (Wow, do they follow the after market???) and he couldn't gaurantee it but made massive hints that lego would make more Arf figures in the future for another as yet unknown promo with the same fig...

.. when he mentioned another promo, I said you mean I have to wait until next May 4th, and he said no, much sooner than that.. (I got the impression he meant this year) as I said my sons birthday is in summer and I wanted to get a fig for him, and he said exactly... I spoke about how the White boba fett had originally come out as a much more exclussive promo but was rolled out later, and he said exactly, and lego had noticed the high demand on the net (hey is he talking Eurobricks...???) so decided as a result of the fan demand to roll out that promo, and were already thinking on those lines now...

At the end of the call, I mentioned that it is probable that as a collector of all the sw figs I would have to resort to ebay/bricklink, and he chuckled and said 'No just wait, that's what I would do, I can't make any guarantees of course, and I shouldn't be saying this but lego are looking at all these things and other options/ promos can happen, so your best bet is to wait'

Very kindly he said he would send me a sw keyring of my choice for free to make up for it... thanks lego.. :sweet:

I assume the next event giveaway of the promo 'fig will be LEGO Star Wars Weekend at LEGOLAND (June 18th, I believe, at LLC; not sure about other locations). They've been giving out promo 'figs for the trivia contest there since the Chrome Threepio.

As I had earlier hypothesized. They will most likely use this figure again for upcoming events. Although the only events I can think of are in the US.

It is not uncommon for companies to keep some sort of watchful eye on the internet and the fan base. They dont usually make direct contact with fan forums but they do keep their finges on the pulse. However companies and their respective mission statements are varied, they cannot please the masses. But it is in their interest to use the internet to keep abreast of the fan communities.

.. hi, further to my earlier post (3 posts up), I'm from the UK and the lego person I was speaking to was from the UK call line, in our conversation everytime they mentioned ebay they were talking in £'s as well... so the impression I got when they talked about future promo's for that fig was certainly a more wider than US only promo, the example they used was the white boba fett which definetley was UK as well...

...a quick add, they also said that lego would definetley respond to the fans demands and they were very much thinking along the lines of satisfying any real fan demand which they saw this fig as having... I did also mention that the demand for this fig would be much higher than then the white boba, seeing as it was more of an army builder than the stand alone fett and he said lego were thinking the same too...

.. hi, further to my earlier post (3 posts up), I'm from the UK and the lego person I was speaking to was from the UK call line, in our conversation everytime they mentioned ebay they were talking in £'s as well... so the impression I got when they talked about future promo's for that fig was certainly a more wider than US only promo, the example they used was the white boba fett which definetley was UK as well...

...a quick add, they also said that lego would definetley respond to the fans demands and they were very much thinking along the lines of satisfying any real fan demand which they saw this fig as having... I did also mention that the demand for this fig would be much higher than then the white boba, seeing as it was more of an army builder than the stand alone fett and he said lego were thinking the same too...

I know you are from the UK. When you mentioned the White boba Fett, I had actually forgotten that UK got him too. I was actually thinking of the S&H thank you gift someone got. It was a White boba fett in some sort of fancy folder/thin box.

I was obviously one of the lucky UK members, as I got my Shop@home order today and it came with my ARF trooper. I did order at 7:00 AM on the 3rd but i know of a few customers who have been disappointed. Still I am sure the fig will turn up again soon so others can get one. :classic:

I have also bought 7 from BL but the chance to get a few more for my army would be nice too. :laugh: