Sign in to follow this  
SirSven7

A Look At The Sets From 1992 -1993

Hello Again All

Some of you might have looked at my previous posts well now I have made another one.

This time I am looking at the sets from 1992 to 1993, hopefully it will be as interesting as the previous two

wave 2

If anyone is has not seen the orignal two then I will include a link here too

The sets from 1989 and 1991

wave 1

and an overview of the whole range

All the Minifigs

Opinions and comments would be great because I want to make these as good as I can.

hope you enjoy it

thanks

Great work mate!

Aaaah i really love LEGO PIRATES :pir-wub:

About your 1992-1993 review...i's really cool. I see you hated Renegade runner and when you grew up, you loved it...i felt the same. But Renegade Runner hadn't rudder...EPIC FAIL :pir-oh:

About your minifigs review...i see you said something about when Ironhook was released by first, some people thought it was a new design of Captain Roger/Redbeard...i think it was a mistake since the beggining. Roger/redbeard is red-haired, while Ironhook is brown-haired. On the other hand...both Renegade runner and Skull eye's schooner were released in 1993, RR with Ironhook as a captain and SES with Redbeard/Roger as a captain, and it proved they were different characters.

Ah...the minifig with same torso and face as Ironhook that appeared in Redbeard Runner may be other person, not Captain Ironhook. That is because the Redbeard Runner guy is called Jake the snake blake.

your work show us old lego pirates of 1989-1997 had really cool buildings like Imperial Trading Post, Eldorado fortress, Rock island refuge, Skull island, etc...and really cool pirate ships like BSB and SES. New 2009 pirates have better minifigs, and that is obvious when you see the comparation in your blog...but even you have not mentioned it, 2009 buildings are worse...compare Eldorado fortress with Soldiers fortress Prison. Returning with your review...the islander girl is called Princess Uhu, according with the post of the named pirate minifigs. When you talk about 2009 minifigs, you said "governor's daughers". So both the girl of Brickbeard's bounty and the girl of the Imperial flagship are Governor's daugher...are your opinion or is an official lego fact?

Ah...you said "sadly there is now no backpack anymore". 2009 soldiers have the backpack printed in her back.

Greetings mate :pir-classic:

Thanks Captian Rodger

You have given me alot to add to my posts, will will go down the list and fix those mistakes

the ironhook redbeard conundrum has confused me for a while so thanks for fixing that, could you just explain the Jake the snake blake bit as im not sure what you mean.

and your right about the 2009 sets being far poorer in construction than the classics.

If you have the pacience and have any more comments please tell me as I would like to make these posts as good as possible.

Thanks again

Edited by SirSven7

hi!

I'm glad you find interesting the info i have told you. :pir-classic:

About Jake the snake blake, i mean the guy that appears in Redbeard runner with same design as Ironhook except to his hat is called jake the snake blake, according to that post:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50788&st=0&p=914563entry914563

You may doubt about the fidelity of that post, i understand it...but in page 2, TalonCard confirmed all Redbeard Runner names are from the 1996 March-April issue of the LEGO Mania Magazine, the official publication of the American LEGO club.

I hope you have understand me now...probably you didn't understand me the first time because english is not my first language...sorry

Good job! I shall blog this along with your thoughts on 1994-1995 sets, so that we have the 1989-1995 range covered in our blog.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

These are really good blog's, I thoroughly enjoyed all 3 you've done so far. These are the LEGO's I was getting as a kid and this brings me back.

Wow, that's really a nice read!

One thing that you could add for 6237 Pirate Plunder is that strangely this set doesn't come with any instructions, you have to guess (well, that's not too complicated :pir_laugh2:). Why only it and not simple others impulse sets?

The other pirates sets without instructions are only the minifigures one.

Thanks for that info, your right I totaly forgot about the no instructions thing, I had thought Id just lost it when I was rebuilding my sets.

I will add that extra detail right away.

Thanks.

great to see those sets again.

as a child i was never able to buy them (no money, parents could not buy)

and from that moment the dream collecting them once im older.

being older now i have collected around 14 older minifigs, and much new ones !!

thanks for mentioning those sets again... =D

glad to see them once again

Thanks for the comments

I am really glad these are being well recieved by everyone, if there is anything that is wrong with any of them though, please everyone let me know, I wanna make these perfect, I worry my 1996 -1997 reviews are too harsh.

Im glad to hear that you can collect some old one now darkness they really are great