81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Thanks for those images on the alternate dragster - I think it's fantastic looking! The design is different than modern dragsters, but I don't know what was running on the strip back when this set came out.

Thank you for reviving this thread. This was one of my first few sets, coming back to lego, ... back around 2003-4 .... I liked how they used two motors to generate more torque. Still have it, should rebuild it someday. I never opened the tape, it is still wrapped in cello clear paper ...

I'd love to have a copy of this set, I really, really need those Power Puller wheels :laugh::sweet:

Well, mine's for sale over on bricklink or in the bazaar here :grin: Love the set, just have too much already and need to clear room (heck, have a 8297 and 8258 arriving tomorrow...)

I have 2 sealed 8258 ... and one open , but not selling ;) ... imho, one of the best sets ever.

Let me guess, 150 euro :sceptic::wink:

Currently asking $190 USD, which is about 140 euros. It's the only one for sale on BL in the US and one of the cheapest anywhere on there.

If you're interested on the wheels and not on the prints, get the 8466 and have 4 wheels instead :thumbup:

If you're interested on the wheels and not on the prints, get the 8466 and have 4 wheels instead :thumbup:

8466 is even more expensive! :wacko:

better watch out for great deals in auction sites.

I got my mint 8457 (complete except the VHS tape) for around $120.

My 8466, I also got for around $75...

As of now, I have two sets of 8457 and two sets of 8466...

You got damn lucky then it seems. If you ever want to sell one of your 8466's, don't forget about poor old me :laugh::tongue:

Has anyone ever done any modified versions of this set?, being how popular tractor pulling is in the US and Europe. I wan't to do one with 2 V8's with 3 turbos each.

Just did it ... bought an 8480 off eBay ... decent price, only few missing common parts ... should make for a fun evening or two.

Edited by DrJB

Just did it ... bought an 8480 off eBay ... decent price, only few missing common parts ... should make for a fun evening or two.

I think your post is kinda off as regards to the title?

8480 is a space shuttle, but good score though :thumbup:

I think your post is kinda off as regards to the title?

8480 is a space shuttle, but good score though :thumbup:

Not quite ... if you read through all the posts, the discussion went back and forth between the power puller and other favorite sets, the shuttle was one of them.