Superkalle

Discuss LDD Extended mode here

LDD Extended Mode is the new Universe Mode and unlocks all bricks in LDD.

Read HERE how to do it, and then discuss it in this topic.

Thanks for the instructions Superkalle :thumbup:

I did what you wrote, tested it and it worked.

But there is one thing I don't understand; are the ldd errors that we (EB members) collected solved or not?Because you wrote:" Since this mode is NOT intended for the general public there may be flaws in the functionality and problems with incorrect brick geometry."

Edited by legolijntje

Hmm, I tried it and nothing new happend. Does this also create a new mode called "extended" or does it just add on to the LU section or something?

Hmm, I tried it and nothing new happend. Does this also create a new mode called "extended" or does it just add on to the LU section or something?

If you read superkalles post you will see that a (restricted bricks) Universe mode is now enabled as default for all users, and that 'Extended' will renable all the (restricted bricks) of the old Universe mode.

No time to check the functionality at work - but apart from naming conventions, are there many new features or is it pretty much the same as before?

It will soon be time upgrade all my LXF models to 4.1, check the missing parts list and then re-upload.

Yes, it creates a new mode instead of adding new parts in LU mode.

Yes, it creates a new mode instead of adding new parts in LU mode.

In that case, its not working for me this time. When I did this with the LU mode in version 4.0, I had to actually delete my preferences file because my computer wouldn't let me edit it. So I did the same thing with the Extended mode; I replaced the file. I am thinking that maybe I am not using the right file format, does anybody know if that would change it? Anyway, I will probably figure it out soon.

In that case, its not working for me this time. When I did this with the LU mode in version 4.0, I had to actually delete my preferences file because my computer wouldn't let me edit it. So I did the same thing with the Extended mode; I replaced the file. I am thinking that maybe I am not using the right file format, does anybody know if that would change it? Anyway, I will probably figure it out soon.

Did you modify the correct preferences.ini?

I first went to change C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

instead of C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

And obviously that doesnot work. I realized my mistake when I actually read the file path.

But there is one thing I don't understand; are the ldd errors that we (EB members) collected solved or not?Because you wrote:" Since this mode is NOT intended for the general public there may be flaws in the functionality and problems with incorrect brick geometry."

Yes, we shall see all the brick fixes. I'll see if I can get a list of bricks that have been fixed.

Thanks Superkalle!

Followed the instructions and it works flawlessly.

The thanks should definetely go to the LDD Team as well: Tue, Claus, Paw, Martin, Lukasz, Jesper, Jakob, Bo, Matias and all the rest (see the About dialogue)! :thumbup:

So this is just LU Mode but renamed so that LU mode can be released to everyone? So what does the new LU mode have now that DbM mode doesn't?

Downloading now. :sweet:

So this is just LU Mode but renamed so that LU mode can be released to everyone? So what does the new LU mode have now that DbM mode doesn't?

Exactly right :classic: Now LU Mode becomes what it was originally intended for, designing content for Lego Universe (the game).

The new LU Mode has nothing that Extended Mode does, i.e. Extended Mode is all you need :sweet: Comparing the two, the new LU Mode is like the old, just with fewer colors and fewer bricks.

Also, from what I can tell, there has bee no bricks removed from 4.0.20, so in other words, the RCB shouldn't be affected.

But, good news is that bricks have been added!! Some playing around in LDD Manager, plus some extra coding, and I finaly got this list of new elements in 4.1. Download LXF below. (Rename from ZIP to LXF and then open).

NexBricks416comparedto4020.zip

Also, from what I can tell, there has bee no bricks removed from 4.0.20, so in other words, the RCB shouldn't be affected.

Gosh, I didn't even think about that...

I'll have to send out PMs just in case reminding everyone to update. Luckily there are only two more turns other than mine left.\

EDIT: Okay, there are some new errors in LE mode, 'cause I opened the latest RCB file and I get the One Brick Placed Incorrectly And Removed message, even though I know it opened fine with LU mode in 4.0. Can't tell which one, though, because the unplaceable parts dump does the same thing and has the same amount of pieces, and I can't check every single piece on a 3,750 piece model.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Okay, there are some new errors in LE mode, 'cause I opened the latest RCB file and I get the One Brick Placed Incorrectly And Removed message, even though I know it opened fine with LU mode in 4.0. Can't tell which one, though, because the unplaceable parts dump does the same thing and has the same amount of pieces, and I can't check every single piece on a 3,750 piece model.

Edited by Superkalle
Moved to this topic

Okay, there are some new errors in LE mode, 'cause I opened the latest RCB file and I get the One Brick Placed Incorrectly And Removed message, even though I know it opened fine with LU mode in 4.0. Can't tell which one, though, because the unplaceable parts dump does the same thing and has the same amount of pieces, and I can't check every single piece on a 3,750 piece model.

I'll check it out too, and see if I can find the problematic brick.

OK, it's the breast armor on the guy on the church. I can't get it to fit, so it seems to be somekind of bug.

Thanks. :classic: I'm looking at it, too, but no luck so far.

Interesting, need to have a proper play with it to see what has really changed. I did notice the newer pirate ship parts are included though. :classic: I like the improvements to the colour palette layout, although I really do wish the LDD team would learn to put scrollbars on things when they don't fit on screen. It's a tight squeeze on my little tablet pc and the larger dialog only just fits on-screen, wheras some of the minifig head decorations are completely inaccessible. :cry_sad: (Fortunately I use my big laptop for LDD mostly, so it's less of an issue - I just did the update on this one in case it went horribly wrong!)

Brickdoctor - did you see my edited post?

It's the chest armor that's the problem.

Sorry didn't see that.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. :classic:

EDIT: No matter how I place the arms and even with the sword removed, I can't get the breastplate to fit. :sceptic: I'll find a different piece to use there.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Good to see that there's a new version of LDD. :thumbup: Downloading now. :classic:

OK, it's the breast armor on the guy on the church. I can't get it to fit, so it seems to be somekind of bug.

Of all the bricks in the model it just had to be something i did :laugh:

Extended mode works perfectly :wub:

Thanks for the info! I am very glad to see the pirate ship piece. But all the feedback they had on this forum and still haven't repaired the beard and the scarf problem. Also some more clothing and faces would be much appreciated, who's going to make pirates with beach shirt or pink shirt under the coat?! Is there any way to import your own skins for heads or clothes?

@ Superkalle: I downloaded the LDD 4.1.6 vs. LDD 4.0.2 Parts Comparison ZIP file you mentioned here, and when I imported it into LDD 4.1.6, I got this error message:

"FLEXnet License Finder -- Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:

* Specify the License Server System

o Specify the License File"

When I select the first choice and press "Next", I get this message with a blank box in which to enter the information:

"Enter the Computer Name of the License Server (Contact your System Administrator if you don't know this)."

Well, I am the "System Administrator" for my own home computer, and I don't have any idea on what to do. So, I backed up one step and tried the second, original choice. Here's what popped up next:

"Your application was not able to find a license file or server for the FLEXnet License Server Manager. Choose the filename you want to use for a license file." I see a blank box in which to type something, but I don't know what to do.

I just pressed "Cancel" to get rid of the error message, and this is what popped up:

"There is a problem with the license for the Vortex toolkit. No license was available to enable feature : mcd. Please contact support@vxsim.com or visit http://www.vxsim.com : Cannot find license file. (-1, 359.2 "No such file or directory") I pressed the "OK" button to acknowledge the message, and then I can see the various LDD parts on the LU Extended Mode screen.

The error messages above SEEM to have no adverse consequence, but I honestly don't know what they are trying to tell me. So, I'm going to ignore them. Is this a bad thing?

Ok, I just re instaled the program and this time I was able to edit everything, and make it work! Thanks for the help all, I am loving all the new pieces!

~Lalror

I'm fiddling with the program now, and so far I love everything new I see in LE mode; the one thing that I noticed so far is that when I open the new color palette, the last row of colors is only visible when the window fills the whole screen. That wouldn't be a problem, except since I'm using this on a Mac, the Dock covers up a portion of the window when it's expanded to fit the whole screen. That means that I have to hide the Dock whenever I use LDD. Luckily, this isn't much of a problem since the only color in that row is Phosphorescent White, but different size or scrolling palette would be nice. Same as the face prints from 4.0.