Sign in to follow this  
Ras_Al_Ghul

Brickworld Hotel Room

So I'm registered and paid for as far as the con goes, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in splitting the cost of a room with me? I would just get my own room, but that place is expensive for a 19 year old guy :( Anyway, I was planning on just checking in the 14th or 15th, and out on the 19th or 20th. I know some of you might be wary of rooming with a stranger, but please don't let that stop you!

Ras--probably too late to do you any good, but I'm staying at the Super 8 down in Prospect Heights. Not as glamorous as the official hotel, but half the cost (which means more $ for Lego purchases).

I have a room for Thursday through Sunday nights at the Westin. So far there are two people in the room. We are looking for a third to cut down on costs. The invite is extended to any Eurobricks members including Ras Al Ghul.

I only want to share a room with my wife, but I had a question about the Westin Hotel rooms for BW. What type of discount does the Westin Hotel provide to Fullly registered members and/or Light Registered members? This is vital to my existence for the next 6 months, so please answer. :cry_happy:

Of course the answer could have been easily found had I even looked just a little bit on the Brickworld Website. In that case, please humor me and answer the question and then refer to me as apathetic. :grin:

I think this is last year's information, but:

We have secured a room rate of $123/night. This is a $100 savings off the posted room rate (of $224/night) for the hotel. Two types of rooms are available -- king or 2 queen beds. There is a refrigerator in every room.

It's a lot cheaper to use the BW block discount. Last year, we booked separately online without the discount, then had to ring up the hotel and cancel because it was so much cheaper with the discount :blush:

It's a lot cheaper to use the BW block discount. Last year, we booked separately online without the discount, then had to ring up the hotel and cancel because it was so much cheaper with the discount :blush:

So I heard. Still, I can't see a problem with anyone who might want to share a room (subject to my own vetting of the subject...) as I want to halve the cost anyway...